Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 01 Jul 2024, 10:08

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: 13 Sep 2007, 13:44 

Seriously, 3 pages of complaints about how wrong widescreen is in Bioshock and no-one else's played it to the end?

It's not broken, it's exactly correct, play to the end and you'll see why. The vertical FOV is a compromise by the developers to make levels 11-13 work.

PM me if you want to spoil it for yourself.

Rating: A+ ;-)

Post subject: Bioshock FOV Issue
PostPosted: 13 Sep 2007, 15:29 

Whats the level called where the issues occur? I am up to Andrew Ryans "Hephaestus" Level ? No issues in TH2GO up until now with Racer_S's FOV fix......

PostPosted: 13 Sep 2007, 15:59 

Seriously, 3 pages of complaints about how wrong widescreen is in Bioshock and no-one else's played it to the end?

It's not broken, it's exactly correct, play to the end and you'll see why. The vertical FOV is a compromise by the developers to make levels 11-13 work.

PM me if you want to spoil it for yourself.

Rating: A+ ;-)

actuly haveing it H+ at that part would make it even more so if you know what i mean

it would realy feel like what was going on [/b]

Post subject: Re: Bioshock FOV Issue
PostPosted: 14 Sep 2007, 12:04 

Whats the level called where the issues occur? I am up to Andrew Ryans "Hephaestus" Level ? No issues in TH2GO up until now with Racer_S's FOV fix......

You're about 1/2 way. This game is long. The levels go

1 Welcome (demo)
2 Medical
3 Neptune's bounty
4 Sub
5 Arcadia
6 Farmer's Market
7 Fort Frolic
8 Hephaestus
9 ...
10 ...
11 ...
12 Point Prometheus (where you'll see the conflict/distortion)
13 ...
14 ... (end)

The visual effect starts part way through 12 and goes right through to 14. Those levels are quite hard.

PostPosted: 14 Sep 2007, 12:17 

Thanks for that I will hopefully get to play some more this weekend :-)

PostPosted: 17 Sep 2007, 11:53 

I am at Point Prometheus in Bioshock and I have so far not had any issues with the FOV in the game :-)

I will let you know if I do

Cheers

Ben

PostPosted: 17 Sep 2007, 13:24 

I am at Point Prometheus in Bioshock and I have so far not had any issues with the FOV in the game :-)

I will let you know if I do

Cheers

Ben

You know what you gotta do on that level? Let me know when you've finished it, you'll see what I mean when you get one of the items you're looking for.

PostPosted: 17 Sep 2007, 14:10 

Indeed, but it doesn't cause any issues. The game is indeed better playable with the hack turned off, because *uhm* with the hack you "miss" something of the game. The hack works perfectly, but it's useless and even negates it's use.

PostPosted: 17 Sep 2007, 14:40 

Are you saying turn the FOV hack off to play this game?

If you do this the weapons are far too close and it actually makes you feel ill I tried a level like this and would never play without the FOV hack again

There was a Steam update recently that caused the FOV to screw up, I had to delete some Dll files and re-update my Steam but until I had donr this the FOV didnt work and there was no way I was going to play without the FOV hack.... :?

PostPosted: 17 Sep 2007, 14:46 

The weapon-too-close feeling is just because you're used to something else, not something you can blame on BS. I didn't say you should turn off the hack to play it, I'm just saying that with the last levels (except the very last one) the hack is useless, and even negates it's use (you see less instead of more). This is however not the case with the other level's. But it isn't a problem really, because you can just press "/" during the levels-with-the-visual-effect.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next