Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 08 Sep 2024, 20:48

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Unreal Tournament 3 Beta
PostPosted: 18 Oct 2007, 11:27 

Seems that you don't know the
Here is the screenshot from Unreal Tournament 3 Demo with AA and optimization:
[img]http://web.t-online.hu/autregis/UT.jpg

woah there.
Are you running that on the pc in your sig?!
:O
./hope
[ergo. a X2 4200+ and a 7600]

PostPosted: 18 Oct 2007, 23:07 

So, I wouldn’t hold my breath on an official fix guys, remember when they were locking and deleting your threads that were asking about widescreen fov a few weeks back, they are now doing that on discussions of forcing users to use gamespy and unavailability of nicknames.

So much for Epic.

PostPosted: 18 Oct 2007, 23:52 
Editors
Editors

Well i def won't be getting this now really. Lack of proper widescreen, having to use gamespy which i loathe and probably not being able to use my nick coupled with the fact that i was un-inspired by the gameplay of the demo all point to me holding on to some cash!

Follow me on twitter: @theg00seberry and find me on Steam

PostPosted: 19 Oct 2007, 00:14 

UT2004 is one of the few games that I've been playing for years. I've now tried it's replacement, and the 'new and improved' met the recycle bin shortly after.

They removed too many things,
They poorly made others,
They quite simply, un-unrealed, unreal tournament.

As far as I'm concerned UT3 is a 'what if unreal tournament was made with gears of wars models and scrapped anything else fun about both series.'

I won't be getting it, not even if I ever came upon it at 1.99$ in the ultra bargain bin. And right now, same goes for all UT3 engine powered games. Their clear arrogance against the people who keep them in business is not to be supported.

PostPosted: 19 Oct 2007, 14:46 

woah there.
Are you running that on the pc in your sig?!
:O
./hope
[ergo. a X2 4200+ and a 7600]

No! :D Not my picture. :wink:

ASUS P8Z77-V | Intel Core i7-3770 | Alpenföhn K2 | 16GB Patriot Viper 3 Black Mamba DDR3-1866MHz Kit | Intel HD Graphics 4000 | Samsung 830 64GB SSD + 2xWD Blue 500GB + Samsung F4 2TB | LG GH22NS70 + Pioneer DVR-216DBK | ASUS Xonar DX | Genius SP-HF1255A | Logitech G400 + SteelSeries QCK Mass | Dell UltraSharp U2312HM | Cooler Master 690 II Advanced | Corsair TX750W | Win 8.1 x64

PostPosted: 20 Oct 2007, 05:28 

since no one else seems to be working on it and well i had a bit of free time so i decided to give it another shot... this is the best i came up with so far

the good:
- can adjust fov to any value (no limit)
- fov stays even after respawn

the bad:
- sniper rifle scope only works at a fov of ~39.4 thus forcing anything else will remove the scope
- the address where the fov value is stored changes every time you start a new map (big problem)
- cant adjust weapon fov

so if anyone has an idea how i could get around the changing address maybe i could write a patch for this... the scope can be fixed if i make the patch only change the fov when it is 90

PostPosted: 20 Oct 2007, 09:04 
Editors
Editors

@ baracus2k ... hello mate ... if you post here ... http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/node/8282

Perhaps you ... squ1zzy and the others there can work things out ... 8)

PostPosted: 20 Oct 2007, 17:58 

Tweak Guides just put up thier guide for the UT3 beta demo. On page 5 they note;

"Note: UT3 does not have 'proper' widescreen support at the moment, see here for more details."

Well, at least that's a little more exposure for the wide screen issue.

PostPosted: 23 Oct 2007, 13:38 

UT2004 is one of the few games that I've been playing for years. I've now tried it's replacement, and the 'new and improved' met the recycle bin shortly after.

They removed too many things,
They poorly made others,
They quite simply, un-unrealed, unreal tournament.

As far as I'm concerned UT3 is a 'what if unreal tournament was made with gears of wars models and scrapped anything else fun about both series.'

I won't be getting it, not even if I ever came upon it at 1.99$ in the ultra bargain bin. And right now, same goes for all UT3 engine powered games. Their clear arrogance against the people who keep them in business is not to be supported.

UT04 is disgrace and should not wear the name Unreal Tournament. Only the 99 version and the UT3 are worthy of that title. Only thing flawed in UT3 is the movent (and I'm not talking about quaddruppletirple dodgejumping bullshit), it's just so slow when covering large distances. Guess I'm used to Q3 (still the best mp fps ever made).