Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 01 Jul 2024, 02:04

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 14 Mar 2006, 20:22 

It has native WS support. Just launch launcher.exe and you're fine. (I've got a review copy for my website if anyone's interested how I've got it). As a game, it totally knocks you out of your pants.

WARNING (in the beginning of the game) - .....nothing wrong with your game disc or your sanity :D

PostPosted: 14 Mar 2006, 21:38 
Editors
Editors

Is it true ws support as in hl2? you get extra view on the sides?

I read your solution thread and I think you should be more specific than just native. Even if it supports ws ratio it can still be stretched or chopped off. what about fov?

Take some 4:3 shots so we can have something to compare your pic to. The pics has to be at the same place.

Take a look here and edit your post: Template: Detailed report

PostPosted: 14 Mar 2006, 22:50 

it's late now and i'm sleepy. i'll post a 4:3 screenshot tomorrow. anyway, the launcher basically has 3 dropdown menus: one for resolution, one for language and one for antialiasing. the video options in-game are limited to brightness control, so officially there is no way to change anything else. I'll investigate tomorrow and let you all know....if I can stop playing :D in 1440*900 it didn't look stretched at all. as you can seefrom the screenshot, there is no HUD. It's just an inventory that you can access, but even there, nothing seemed stretched. I'll make 16:10 and 4:3 screens of it also.

PostPosted: 15 Mar 2006, 00:54 
Editors
Editors

Thanks for the info Deceneu ... sounds like a game I might have to check out ... :D

The screenshot is a bit dark ... but hey-ho ... it's a widescreen game ! ... 8)

PostPosted: 15 Mar 2006, 11:13 

it's a dark game. there's even such a warning in the beginning. you can up the brightness a bit and i did that, but after i took the screen. i'll take a couple more screens today and post them here. one thing i didn't like though is that objects that you can pick up are not highlighted when you pass with your mouse over them, so it's very easy to skip some papers or a key or smthing else. that's why you should approach any object and hit the action key to see if you can take it or not (or if you can activate smthing). what's nice is that walker (the main character) has a comment for most of the objects in-game. It's a bit confusing in the beginning because the storyline takes you back and forth a few years, but it's very well built with lots of details and a nice character development. and sometimes...it scares the sh1t out of ya...

PostPosted: 20 Mar 2006, 10:09 
Editors
Editors

Any chance of that 4x3 screenshots ... to compare with the widescreen one ?

Post subject: Faux WS
PostPosted: 21 Mar 2006, 05:22 
Insiders
Insiders

It DOES support 1440x900 just fine.

It does NOT preserve proper aspect ratio. (16:10 or 16:9)

It DOES stretch the image.
See screenshots below:
(they are full sized .bmp's, so be patient)
Easiest to tell by looking at round objects such as doorhandles.

Pretty half-arsed if you ask me.
perhaps a patch will addresss it.

Still, it's a neat game.

PostPosted: 21 Mar 2006, 09:19 
Editors
Editors

Thanks for the info and the screenshots ... 8)
I have added the screenshots to the solution so people can see what is going on.

Has anyone checked to see if there are any cfg or ini files where the FOV might be altered ?