Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 05 Jul 2024, 18:04

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 435 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 44  Next
PostPosted: 25 Jun 2005, 03:26 

you will be happy to know that actually you are wrong, there is no cropping at all :D It plays exactly as if the game were meant to play in widescreen the way I've got it set up. No stretching either. I will get a couple of screen shots for you in a while

PostPosted: 25 Jun 2005, 07:33 
Editors
Editors

@ mattdasplat ... :?

navigate to your [Battlefield 2 Demomodsbf2Settings] folder and open up the file VideoDefault.con in notepad, and change the line that says:

renderer.fieldOfView 1

to

renderer.fieldOfView 1.1

This does not work .... see for yourself ...
I will get a couple of screen shots for you in a while

If you do get a difference then post the screenshots before and after the renderer.fieldOfView change (with your character in exactly the same position at the start of the round.)
So far no one has been able to do this because it does not work... the top and bottom get cut off.

PostPosted: 25 Jun 2005, 12:13 

[quote]
Hmm...I just ordered this same monitor from Dell (2405) it hasn't shipped yet. Are you saying that even with a brand new fresh unaltered install of BF2 it won't even launch? With sz values of
1920 and 1200, the shortcut fix works but only for my 23" apple cinema
monitor which is same native res as your Dell 24". That is, other values
like 1680x1050 don't work, game won't launch, no error message.
Also, I have a 61" Samsung DLP TV wit 1280x720 native res.
On that monitor, the shortcut fix does not work, game won't launch,
go figure.

I have a 46" Samsung DLP and I have tried editing all combinations of the .con files and adding the string to the target in the shortcut and nothing works. I get a black screen then it crashes to desktop.

Very frustrating, and reason enough for me to not buy the game. Hell I can't get any res over 1024x768 and even with maxed AA and AF it still looks like trash.

GG DICE :roll:

I have the same exact samsung and Ive tried just about everything there is, I am ATTEMPTING to play the actual game, not the demo, and am VERY displeased that I cannot get the game to go past the stupid retrieve account page. Ive contacted an EA tier 1 and tier 2 technician and they are supposed to follow up with yet another tier 3 technician on Monday, its very very frustrating and annoying, its like having manual window openers for a ferrari, it just doesnt make any sense why a great game with outstanding graphics doesnt work on widescreen... Ive also tried on my 32" JVC with same native res of 1280x720, and on my 23" insignia with same 1280x720 res, all of them crash at the same point. It does work on my 20" dell, but only at 1024x768, and even with all settings maxed up, it doesnt look to great, and for some reason, on a 3.8ghz intel 1gb corsair ram, 6800 ultra, it rus like crap, very laggy. Im hoping EA is staying up all night and day to correct these problems...

PostPosted: 25 Jun 2005, 14:36 
Editors
Editors

Hello Exempt ...
Is your problem that you can't log in at the retrieve account page or does it crash at the login screen ?
If it is a log on problem ... this might help ...
http://www.eagames.com/official/battlefield/battlefield2/us/editorial.jsp?src=communityupdate_061005&ncc=1

Also if you make changes to the .con files it will crash back to desktop... the way to set up widescreen resolutions is to add the string to the target in the shortcut ...
+menu 1 +widescreen 1 +szx 1920 +szy 1200

hope this helps ... :D

PostPosted: 25 Jun 2005, 15:16 

Its crashing when it should be loading up the actual game, where you have all your options and selections, its not a login problem, since I can login on my server, and it works fine on th server, which is using a 20" dell. Just cant get it to work on any rig that is using 1280x720 native res. Ive tried entering in the +syz thing but with my resolution and that didnt work either :( I really want to play on my main rigs.

PostPosted: 25 Jun 2005, 16:07 
Editors
Editors

Just some thoughts ... I duno if they will help ...

Do you have ..
+widescreen on your shortcut or +fullscreen... ?

Could it be the refresh rate ? ... :?

You say it works on the 20" ... is that using the same comp ?
The reason I ask... I hear some people are having crashes to do with their cd/dvd drive ... when they try a nocd it works ... pointing the problem at the cd/dvd drive.

PostPosted: 25 Jun 2005, 17:00 

I don't know if this has already been stated but I may as well try and help out a bit.

I was having problem getting BF2 to run at 1680x1050 on my 6800GT, everytime I tried to run the game I just got a black screen then dumped to the desktop.

Well I found a solution, make sure you have 'Display Adapter Scaling' selected in your display properties (see below):

Also in the target box in your shortcut you should add +szx 1680 +szy 1050 where 1680 and 1050 is your desired resolution. DO NOT ADD AND ' OR " IN THE BOX.

I have no clue how to fix the FOV yet though...

Hope that helped a few people out.

PostPosted: 26 Jun 2005, 07:40 
Editors
Editors

Re: FOV issue I posed here ... ...

http://forum.eagames.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=1453&highlight=samsung

EA's site admin responded ...

If you post constructive feedback here it will reach the developers, I can promise you that. I wasn't aware that the command line option to change resolution messes with the FOV when you use a widescreen res. I'll pass this one onto the developers.

So get over there and add your constructive 2 cents/pennies ... :wink: ... let em know just how many of us want this.

PostPosted: 27 Jun 2005, 16:34 

so is the command line supposed to be with +widescreen OR with +fullscreen?

can someone get it straight?

PostPosted: 27 Jun 2005, 22:51 

+fullscreen has nothing to do with the WS, it only sets the game to run in Windowed or Full Screen view. You can put +widescreen in there, but not putting it has the same effect... basically doesn't do anything.

+szx 1680 +szy 1050 is what stretches the default res (in our case it's 1024x768) to the specified resolution to look semi decent.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 435 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 44  Next