Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 07 Jul 2024, 01:55

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105 ... 302  Next
PostPosted: 19 Nov 2011, 22:55 

the search feature is kinda poop, but thats besides the point :D
when i need to search the forums i do a site search via google hehe

and its been posted countless times and said countless times. as frustrating as it is trying to search 100+ pages for a link, its just as frustrating for those posting in the pages to keep re-linking over and over lol. the detailed report on the game has all the latest updated stuff. you can thank the modders and the editors on the site for that, they are all awesome.

if you navigate to games from the top tab and just punch in skyrim you get what you need :D
and for those who need it spoon-fed, heres another relink: http://widescreengamingforum.com/dr/elder-scrolls-v-skyrim/en

As has been said about the stars issue when using the skill tree being an issue.
after about 4hrs of play thats the only thing i noticed, and i just compensated my clicks to get where i needed, so it was fine.

everything is great on my end, no white textures, no need to alt tab and back. i am really having an excellent experience.
after a fast travel i noticed the script broke, but a quick tap of TAB and it was fixed.

thanks so much to hayden for finally releaseing what he was working on, and thanks a TON to hayden for releasing an amazing stop gap correction and keeping up with it and releasing multiple versions. Made the game playable for me so i wasnt stuck waiting :D

you guys both rock, and im really enjoying the experiance of playing it ultra wide :)
good job fellaz

PostPosted: 19 Nov 2011, 22:59 
Editors
Editors

everything is great on my end, no white textures, no need to alt tab and back. i am really having an excellent experience.
after a fast travel i noticed the script broke, but a quick tap of TAB and it was fixed.

Same here, its awesome.
Everybody may discuss / request anything in the forums, but really the best way of checking/downloading the solutions is the game's Detailed Report.

PostPosted: 19 Nov 2011, 23:00 

Sorry to be persistent but is anyone else experiencing a crash to desktop with Hayden's latest fix? I've tried everything I can think of to correct the issue besides reinstalling which I'd like to avoid and I don't think will help.
The issue is to do with the menus - well obviously - but whenever a menu is about to appear (the main menu, or an ingame menu) the game crashes and the last log reads 'Skyrim thread exited'. I can get to ingame menus by waiting to use the injector until I've loaded a save.

DVD Version, WIndows 7 x64

Post subject: Beany wrote:Sorry to be
PostPosted: 19 Nov 2011, 23:02 
Editors
Editors

Sorry to be persistent but is anyone else experiencing a crash to desktop with Hayden's latest fix? I've tried everything I can think of to correct the issue besides reinstalling which I'd like to avoid and I don't think will help.
The issue is to do with the menus - well obviously - but whenever a menu is about to appear (the main menu, or an ingame menu) the game crashes and the last log reads 'Skyrim thread exited'. I can get to ingame menus by waiting to use the injector until I've loaded a save.

DVD Version, WIndows 7 x64

UAC is disabled ? Are you running the fix as admin ?

PostPosted: 19 Nov 2011, 23:08 

UAC is off and I've tried running the fix and TESV.exe as administrator but it didn't help. I've not had issues with any of the previous fixes so it's unusual for this to happen. It's really annoying since this fix looks really nice in the screens I've seen.

PostPosted: 19 Nov 2011, 23:13 
Insiders
Insiders

No issues like that here, Beany. 1 crash in 5 hrs of play on Nvidia hardware. I don't have UAC disabled either, running both as admin in compatability tab.

Gigabyte P67-UD7 rev. B3
OS -Samsung 840pro 256GB ssd
Games -Samsung 840pro 500GB ssd
Pagefile -crucial 60GB ssd
Storage -2x 4TB WD
PWS -Seasonic Prime 1k Titanium

PostPosted: 19 Nov 2011, 23:16 
Editors
Editors

Its weird, no crashes here too, ive tested it for many hours.

PostPosted: 19 Nov 2011, 23:17 

I want to say thanks again to HaYDeN this latest version is awesome! Well done. I can finally play the game and the UI is no longer an obstacle (nothing a tab won't fix).

Works perfectly for my setup 6032x1080p Bezel Corrected.

PostPosted: 19 Nov 2011, 23:31 
Insiders
Insiders

Awesome fix HaYDeN, thank you for being so diligent on this fix. The only issue I have run into is related to what you had in v.02 where I read items in the inventory were darker, the issue is the Lockpick minigame comes up a whole lot darker then before, this isn't a inconvenience because there isn't a lot of detail to be had and the rest of inventory is perfectly fine. I've modified the hell out of my game so it could just be my settings as well. If you can dupe it, it's minor as far as I care.

EDIT: Also when I alt+tabbed out to write this the inventory side bar and main hud (crosshair & compass) went to the left screen, the menu for saving and loading were the same at center but then spilled over to the left and right monitors by a little bit. No more alt+tabbing for me. )c:

Azza Fusion 4000 Liquid Cooled Full/Mini-ITX Tower - AMD Ryzen 1700x CPU - Tt Water 3.0 Ultimate CPU Cooler - ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Extreme - 2x EVGA GTX 980 in SLI - Geil 16GB - Klipsch 5.1 THX Speakers - Vertex 4 128GB SSD, Sandisk 256GB SSD, Samsung 512GB 850 PRO SSD, WD Black 320GB & Two times Toshiba 5TB (one for Games and the other for Storage) - Logitech G502 - Corsair K65 RGB - Logitech G13 - Win10 Pro 64bit - 2-over-1 Viewsonic VA2448M 24" (2x 1920x1080 Secondary) & Samsung CHG90 Series Curved 49" (3840x1080) - Ergotech Monitor Stand - Shout out to WSGF for the upgrade on my stand!

PostPosted: 19 Nov 2011, 23:32 
Editors
Editors

V0.3 fixed the dark objects in inventory, lock pick is still a bit darker, plus if you fast travel, you should press "TAB" after you "arrive" to re-enable the fix.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105 ... 302  Next