Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 04 Jul 2024, 10:32

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110 ... 302  Next
 Post subject: hey hayden im using the
PostPosted: 20 Nov 2011, 17:45 

hey hayden im using the newest patch and my UI isnt showing up like it is in ur screenshots, the menu bar shows up at the far left of the left monitor, and im not sure since there isnt a screenshot of it but my UI isnt completely centered with the stamina and mana bars off on the side monitor

PostPosted: 20 Nov 2011, 17:56 

Seems like in order to get the skills screen working properly, the background has to be stretched, thoughts?

In trying Halifax's fix, it had a stretched skills menu, and I think the skills menu is the ONLY one that should be stretched. Even though its stretched across 3 screens, all the action takes place in the middle. Go ahed and stretch it, is my opinion, if that will get the mouse to work.

PostPosted: 20 Nov 2011, 18:19 

Version 0.4 is now up in the Skyrim Detailed Report

Additional option:

- World FOV: Standard FOV setting, the world, ya know...
- Hands FOV: The FOV for the players hands.

Changes:

- Lock picking scaling is now off.
- Map no longer requires any form of hot key and can be accessed in any way, fast travel should work without any "after effect"
- Menu mouse sensitivity should be normal after accessing the map ONCE during the entire game.

A note about the FOV:

Because the engine is natively HOR+ and scales the FOV, 90 is actually the most accepted FOV - internally it will be scaling out to about 140 @ 5760x1080, a non-native HOR+ engine you would actually need to specify ~140 for 5760x1080

It should be resolution agnostic.

The map isn't rescaling automatically. Whether I access it from the menu or with the M key it's not distributing the icons properly until I manually hit -
I'll be sticking with 0.3 for now I guess. Being able to change the FOV was a good idea though I was getting sick of typing "fov 85" every time I started the game.

PostPosted: 20 Nov 2011, 18:28 

Yeah, seems like something is wrong with 0.4. Sticking with 0.3 for now, which is near perfect anyway.

PostPosted: 20 Nov 2011, 18:36 
Editors
Editors

Yeah, seems like something is wrong with 0.4. Sticking with 0.3 for now, which is near perfect anyway.

HaYDeN is working on v0.4, please keep checking WSGF.

PostPosted: 20 Nov 2011, 19:40 

Adding this to the Display section in the ini files fixed the flickering shadows for me!

fSunShadowUpdateTime=0
fSunUpdateThreshold=2.0
fShadowBiasScale=0.6

PostPosted: 20 Nov 2011, 20:26 

Trying to run Hayden's fix and something weird is going on. I have the INI file set for 5760x1080. launch the fix and then launch the game the fix is detected as the 3 monitors work and everything appears correct. As soon as I launch the game though the actual "world" is huge. It looks like I'm zoomed in somehow, and yet the menus look normal. Tried monkeying with everything I could and I'm stumped.

Any ideas?

PostPosted: 20 Nov 2011, 20:27 
Insiders
Insiders

You may also wish to try 0.4 which includes enhancements, but appears to have some situations where it is not the same across all machines - please try 0.4A first, if you get odd behaviour (uncentered etc) try 0.4B and provide feedback about which one worked for you in the thread, perhaps we can see a pattern.

Download - this fix - version 0.4A and unzip it in your PC.
Download - this fix - version 0.4B and unzip it in your PC.

I have updated the Skyrim Detailed Report - upon testing the fix, it seems like it worked for everyone else using 0.4A, however only 0.4B works for me, not sure if it's progression based or something else causing the difference.

0.3 is still available of course if neither work,

Want to keep Flawless Widescreen alive? Donate Here

PostPosted: 20 Nov 2011, 21:01 

Thanks for the information Spyle311, this fixed worked for me.
Just need to fix the blocky shadows now, without reducing the draw distance and/or quality.

Thanks to Hayden and Helifax for the UI fixes, running at 7930 x 1600 resolution (bezel corrected) and it looks fantastic.
I've tried to donate unfortunately there is a conflict between Paypal and my bank account that is preventing me from using Paypal at this time.

PostPosted: 20 Nov 2011, 21:03 

I thank you for your great effort. I have used Helifax's solution however I I didn't want to bother with hotkeys,etc. Hayden' last fix is great. It seems like the game supports it natively.

I'have donated only 5$ for coders. Don't see it low. if every user that visits here donates 5$, the sum amount would be appreciated. Of course some people who has high wealth should donate more. Afterall , they make us enjoy our expensive rigs more. so just donate whatever the amount is.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110 ... 302  Next