Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 02 Oct 2024, 09:43

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111 ... 302  Next
PostPosted: 20 Nov 2011, 21:21 

The 0.4A runs perfect for me (at the moment). No glitches, no strange things.

But the 0.4B it has some problems. When viewing the MAP, the position of the mouse cursor and the selected place dont' match themselves,so i have to select the places in a blind manner sensing where i'm at pointing. Then, when viewing the items menu, the menu is missplaced to the left screen (in version 0.4A is centered, like in version 0.1). Another thing (the most problematic) is when i enter to the skills menú. If i have leveled up, the games makes me answer what i want to level up (magic, life, resistance), and i can't select any of them cause the mouse cursor is on the left screen and the message on the center screen. So i cant select any of them, and the mouse cursor dont go to the middle screen. So i have to exit windows and close the TESV.exe cause in that part of the game the keyboard is not an option to use.

As i said, the version 0.4A has no visible problems for what i tested. For now is perfect.

I'm running three screens (1920x1080) at bezel correction resolution of 5900x1080.

I want to thank you hayden for your work. You are the man!!! :)

PD: Late this evening, i downloaded the version 0.4 in the game report. At that point, the versions 0.4A and 0.4B were not updated yet. So for the problem of unable to level up in the skill menú i have been playing the game this evening with version 0.1 (didnt know that 0.3 exists). But now, i entered the forum, and i can see that there is an update and you made 0.4A and 0.4B. So wow!!! 0.4A runs perfect!

See you ;)

Post subject: My Experience
PostPosted: 20 Nov 2011, 21:35 

I just did a quick test - here is what I found

0.4A map is broken
0.4B map is not broken

I have not checked much else yet. Will play a few hours tonight and report back.

Thanks for all your work on this.

PostPosted: 20 Nov 2011, 21:45 

made an account here just to say thanks to the modders! so far 0.4a is working great, but havent had a chance to fully check it all out and compare to 0.4b. One way or another i think this may be the first thing I ever felt comfortable with donating to. Hopefully by next check i can toss the community $5-$10 to help towards their $1000 goal just for being such an awsome place to get fixes for my eyefinity problems lol.

Post subject: Damn ive been trying for
PostPosted: 20 Nov 2011, 21:45 

Damn ive been trying for hours but i just cant get it to work..

Im running skyrim on 1 screen for days now without any faults. But when i try it on eyefinity it wont let me have any fun..

My specs:
2600K @ 4,8Ghz
8GB DDR3
SSD
2x Ati HD5970 Crossfire
3x Samsung 1080 monitor
latest drivers for everything, running on w7 64b

My ini file is totally standard, no mods or other tools installed. I start up SkyrimUWv0.4A.EXE (or version B, doesn't matter, same thing happens), inject the code and start skyrim. Off course the eyefinity display group is enabled (6076x1080 with bezel corr). Now the game starts but only on the most left screen. Screen 2 & 3 are disabled and looking for a source. After the intro the menu pops up on screen 1 but very small.

Any idea what im doing wrong? Ive bought the second 5870 just for skyrim and now i can use it, totally gutted..

PostPosted: 20 Nov 2011, 21:49 

Adding this to the Display section in the ini files fixed the flickering shadows for me!

fSunShadowUpdateTime=0
fSunUpdateThreshold=2.0
fShadowBiasScale=0.6

Thanks for sharing this! It fixed my shadow issues too. Now all I need is AMD to release CF drivers so I can crank up the details.

Post subject: Both 0.4A and 0.4B have
PostPosted: 20 Nov 2011, 21:50 

Both 0.4A and 0.4B have messed up maps for me. I'm running in Surround at 5760x1080 using whatever default settings came with either program. However, 0.4A has loading screens with compressed text, while 0.4B has loading screens with correctly sized text.

PostPosted: 20 Nov 2011, 22:00 

Hayden,

I'm seeing different issues with both v4 fixes.
With 4A fix the in game HUD and inventory is stretched for me not centered.
In the skill tree the last skills on the left are stacking up on top of each other.

With 4B fix the text on loading screens is being squeezed together.
The map items are not static, they are scrolling with me and all the icons are only showing on the center monitor, the side monitors only display the landscape.
Disabling the fix with the "-" key forces the map menu and icons to the left screen (the icons are still not static) and then leaves the center and right monitor only displaying the landscape.

After playing with both versions I've figured out that either disabling the fix with the "-" key or enabling the fix with "+" BEFORE entering one of the troubling menus fixes the problem...seems the fix might be disabling or enabling it's self sometimes when it shouldn't be.

PostPosted: 20 Nov 2011, 22:01 

Damn ive been trying for hours but i just cant get it to work..

Im running skyrim on 1 screen for days now without any faults. But when i try it on eyefinity it wont let me have any fun..

My specs:
2600K @ 4,8Ghz
8GB DDR3
SSD
2x Ati HD5970 Crossfire
3x Samsung 1080 monitor
latest drivers for everything, running on w7 64b

My ini file is totally standard, no mods or other tools installed. I start up SkyrimUWv0.4A.EXE (or version B, doesn't matter, same thing happens), inject the code and start skyrim. Off course the eyefinity display group is enabled (6076x1080 with bezel corr). Now the game starts but only on the most left screen. Screen 2 & 3 are disabled and looking for a source. After the intro the menu pops up on screen 1 but very small.

Any idea what im doing wrong? Ive bought the second 5870 just for skyrim and now i can use it, totally gutted..

Mmmm, your message sound weird....

This fix only solves the menus, maps and other things for being viewed properly. The Skyrim game supports Eyeffinity and Surround by default for being played at three screens. The only thing you have to do is edit the file SkyrimPrefs.ini (situated in My Documents/My Games/Skyrim) and edit the lines like this

iSize W=5760
iSize H=1080

Or whatever is your resolution.

Both 0.4A and 0.4B have messed up maps for me. I'm running in Surround at 5760x1080 using whatever default settings came with either program. However, 0.4A has loading screens with compressed text, while 0.4B has loading screens with correctly sized text.

Wow, reading posts like this makes me thing that Hayed have to be mad with this. I mean.... how is it possible that some guys works the 0.4A and others 0.4B? You see stretched text in 0.4A?? LOL!! I dont!!

What is the reason why many people is experimenting so different results?...

Weird thing....

Post subject: c69 wrote:BobMarkinson
PostPosted: 20 Nov 2011, 22:25 

[quote]Just installed ati's 11.11 - same issue. :
Running on a 6950, Win7 32 bit, 4 GB.

Run msconfig and shut down all non-Microsoft system services, reboot, make sure the services are still off, then try the game.

I dont think the fix has anything to do with your crash.

All non-MS services are now off. Removed userva via bcdedit. My setup is a basic Win7 install - no special HW, all other apps/games work without problems. Nothing overclocked.

The new fix is definitely triggering the crash as 0.1 was working well. 0.3 and both versions of 0.4 are crashing the TESV.EXE process the second they try to rescale the intro (menu). If I try to inject the patch after launching the game, it'll immediately crash TESV.EXE.

I'd love to enable some kind of crash dump process to help diagnose the issue I'm encountering...

PostPosted: 20 Nov 2011, 22:39 

$10 shipped. Everyone who has benefited and can afford it should chip in. Thanks for the fix, game is even better across 3 screens.

M.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111 ... 302  Next