Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 05 Jul 2024, 04:06

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 128 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
PostPosted: 23 May 2006, 19:17 

Meh still no BF2 widescreen support in 1.3. I won't buy the expansions and whatnot till we get proper WS support. :x

PostPosted: 24 May 2006, 00:07 

I still haven't even bought BF2 because of the lack of widescreen support. I guess they won't ever add it, so I guess I won't ever buy it... :P

But no big deal. ET: Quake Wars is going to be a billion times better than Battlefield!

PostPosted: 30 May 2006, 12:17 

I still haven't even bought BF2 because of the lack of widescreen support. I guess they won't ever add it, so I guess I won't ever buy it... :P

But no big deal. ET: Quake Wars is going to be a billion times better than Battlefield!

Heheh yeah me 2, i want to play bf2 really bad, but there is no WS support so F*CK them, i never gonna buy that game.

I bought generals from EA (on my old comp) and now i have a laptop with widescreen and it runs sucky, damn vertical - is really sucky you can only see 1 tank on your screen, and that sucks a lot.

I have zero hour 2 and there is a fov trick but hey i don't like zero hour.

Sow F*CK EA!!!! We need more people to send mails.

PostPosted: 06 Jul 2006, 03:21 

This, combined with the blurring on my LCD, makes me want to go back to my non-widescreen CRT...very few games support Widescreen (particularly if you are an indie gamer like me).

PostPosted: 06 Jul 2006, 19:50 
Founder
Founder

This, combined with the blurring on my LCD, makes me want to go back to my non-widescreen CRT...very few games support Widescreen (particularly if you are an indie gamer like me).

Sorry to hear that. I've been using widescreen since '01, and didn't realize that there is quite a significant portion of the gaming/computer world that doesn't like LCD's at all. Many of the cyberathletes that play CS competitively loath LCD's (although ironcially enough, since they spend so much time staring at the screen they could probably use them) and much prefer CRT's at a resolutions of 640x480 or 800x600. A fair amount of CAD users have also expressed their dislike of widescreen (though to be fair, some have also embraced it).

It's kind've intersesting too - I was speaking to a developer who got me thinking about an interesting theory. Since the WSGF has grown and become more widespread I wondered aloud if it will tempt some game developers to actually not implement widescreen support - after all, why bother to code it in if the WSGF will pick up the slack and teach people to hack the .config's? Imperfect solutions might result, but it still might be tempting to pass the buck anyway. The developer I spoke to said "Why the hell not? Less work for me."

On the flip side - the BF 2 1.4 beta patch recently came out - maybe someone can give it whirl?

http://www.strategyinformer.com/pc/battlefield2/patch/7983.html

PostPosted: 07 Jul 2006, 13:35 

Nope no WS support in 1.4, it was too much to hope for......

PostPosted: 08 Jul 2006, 04:23 

Just got a nice new Dell 2007WFP, very disappointed about this BF2 problem!

I emailed Dice about it. Bought and enjoyed BF1942 + expansions, then into BF2 as soon as it came out. Last week I would have said yeah sure to $10 for the BF2 Armor Pack, but this makes me reconsider.

PostPosted: 09 Jul 2006, 02:14 

I still can't believe we haven't gotten a fix. Do they really think that having a widescreen is a form of cheating? Or are they just lazy?

Post subject: BF2 Petitions?
PostPosted: 22 Jul 2006, 08:53 

I have a suggestion shouldnt you also state in your email to them that if there is no support for wide screen support than i will not buy another game from EA or Dice entertainment! With out You the buyer they have no Buisness. Like one of the others said its becoming more popular now!
Has there been a pettion started in there forums on all the websites realating to Bf2 to get this fixed! I know thats how we confront Nova Logic when we want something fixed! If theres threads in there forums that get alot of attention by posters it shows everyone what you want. Those individuals that dont have Wide Screen monitors that are thinking of getting one will back you up too! They wont want to spend money on some thing they cant use!

Also a sticky of just links to all forums and email addresses where you want to put a petition or send email too! It would help all members to go directly there by running down the list of links if a moderator will do that itand lock the thread then! And yes i realize this already is a sticky im refering to a sticky with just contact links No posting in it! It would be more organized that way!

Also save your emails on note pad or word pad then once a week or every day send it to them again!

If this has been done already disregaurd and tell me where to go to petition this as i do not have a Wide Screen Yet! I want to support you because i want one! Thank You for Your time!

Do you know why dogs scratch fleas? because there irritating!
We are the flea's!

PostPosted: 24 Jul 2006, 00:50 
Founder
Founder

I have a suggestion shouldnt you also state in your email to them that if there is no support for wide screen support than i will not buy another game from EA or Dice entertainment! With out You the buyer they have no Buisness. Like one of the others said its becoming more popular now!

Therein lies one of my main questions concerning the whole issue. Is it EA or DICE (or both in tandem) that have decided not to support widescreen?

Since DICE is the developer it would seem to be more of an issue on their end - the code is in their hands, so unless EA specifically has something against WS then I imagine there is probably only one or two key people (or whoever makes the final design decisions at DICE) that are holding it up.

DICE is a Swedish company aren't they? I thought they loved widescreen over there? :wink:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 128 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next