Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 07 Jul 2024, 03:30

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114 ... 302  Next
 Post subject: Just tested CF.eyefinity
PostPosted: 21 Nov 2011, 04:16 

Just tested CF.eyefinity (again) with 11.11 cap2, and it is still seeing negative scaling, although it is not locking up like it did at launch with 11.10. Sometimes radeon pro will report usage of both GPUs at 70%, and will see a slight fps improve, but more often both are used less than 50% and fps drops alot.

AMD said there is an upcoming driver fix. Given their prior release schedule, I give it 2 weeks minimum.

PostPosted: 21 Nov 2011, 05:11 

Dont know if its by design, but having problems when enemy uses magick. Its like Battlefield 3 where any lightsource seems to fill the screen. In Skyrim flame using enemies just flood the screen with flames, maybe its same as BF3 with wrong scaling of effect?

not a bug

Post subject: Amazing people
PostPosted: 21 Nov 2011, 05:14 

First post here, folks. I am stunned by the support that this game has gotten from this, a completely non-Bethesda site. The game was published effectively unplayable (in my opinion) on multi-monitor. Within 24 hours Helifax had a good start on a fix with the Cheat Engine. Within 48 hours Hayden had his first standalone fix. Both made the game playable, albeit with issues. In only a little over a week their fixes have been refined to the point that they're now addressing the small side-issues. Unbelievable. I stand in awe.

I've donated to the ChipIn and I encourage others to do the same. These folks deserve every penny.

PostPosted: 21 Nov 2011, 05:37 

I've got an issue with .4a and it moving the HUD to the left monitor when I sneak with CTRL (default crouch). I prefer the centered HUD, but with my bezel correction (96 pixels), the right side of the "P" menu is 'behind' the bezel, this is not game breaking though.

edit: Tried .4b. Had no cursor on the map; made the map mostly useless. There were other alignment issues, things getting put partly on the left monitor, loading screens squished, but spread out over 3 screens.

I went back to .3. This seems to be the best for my setup, I hardly ever have issues with anything.

3840x980 window, 4032x1024 fullscreen.

Post subject: kohan69 wrote:snuble
PostPosted: 21 Nov 2011, 05:39 

[quote]Dont know if its by design, but having problems when enemy uses magick. Its like Battlefield 3 where any lightsource seems to fill the screen. In Skyrim flame using enemies just flood the screen with flames, maybe its same as BF3 with wrong scaling of effect?

not a bug

Just be glad the game doesn't use mainstream BLOOM! :bigsmile: (which is getting out of hand over the past decade of games....)

Post subject: Thank you!
PostPosted: 21 Nov 2011, 06:21 

Registered here just to say thanks to HaYDeN, Helifax and everyone here for making Skyrim playable on multi-monitor setups. I will definitely be making a donation for all this effort!
HaYDeN's 0.4B is working great for me so far, only issue I had was the lockpick screen is zoomed it quite a bit (still usable though). Another very minor thing I noticed was the falling snow seems like it's a lot bigger vs when I ran single monitor. I'm guessing maybe the particles are being stretched out when running multiple displays. I'm running 2x GTX 560 Ti @ 6000x1080. Everything else is perfection :) Thanks again for all the effort.

Post subject: c69 wrote:BobMarkinson
PostPosted: 21 Nov 2011, 07:34 

[quote][quote][quote]Just installed ati's 11.11 - same issue. :
Running on a 6950, Win7 32 bit, 4 GB.

Run msconfig and shut down all non-Microsoft system services, reboot, make sure the services are still off, then try the game.

I dont think the fix has anything to do with your crash.

All non-MS services are now off. Removed userva via bcdedit. My setup is a basic Win7 install - no special HW, all other apps/games work without problems. Nothing overclocked.

The new fix is definitely triggering the crash as 0.1 was working well. 0.3 and both versions of 0.4 are crashing the TESV.EXE process the second they try to rescale the intro (menu). If I try to inject the patch after launching the game, it'll immediately crash TESV.EXE.

I'd love to enable some kind of crash dump process to help diagnose the issue I'm encountering...

Are you on Win7 32bit? I am on 64-bit, and I imagine 99% of this forum is as well, because of the need/desire to avoid the memory constraints of 32bit windows. Just a thought. Good luck.

Yes, I'm on Win7 32 bit. I agree, most people would be on 64 bit. In the past, I've been able to get around the memory constraints of 32 bit windows via the userva command. There's only a handful of games that need more that 2 GB address space - and usually increasing it via the userva parameter is sufficient.
I'm guessing that the recent fix is only working for 64 bit OSes. :

Hayden, any chance you could let me know if this could be the reason why it's not working for me?

Anyone using Hayden's 0.3 and later fixes on 32 bit?

PostPosted: 21 Nov 2011, 07:34 

First post here, folks. I am stunned by the support that this game has gotten from this, a completely non-Bethesda site. The game was published effectively unplayable (in my opinion) on multi-monitor. Within 24 hours Helifax had a good start on a fix with the Cheat Engine. Within 48 hours Hayden had his first standalone fix. Both made the game playable, albeit with issues. In only a little over a week their fixes have been refined to the point that they're now addressing the small side-issues. Unbelievable. I stand in awe.

I've donated to the ChipIn and I encourage others to do the same. These folks deserve every penny.

I can only speak for myself, but I think there are quite a few people that feel the same way. Thousands of lurkers and hundreds of posters

Post subject: BobMarkinson wrote:c69
PostPosted: 21 Nov 2011, 08:31 

[quote][quote][quote][quote]Just installed ati's 11.11 - same issue. :
Running on a 6950, Win7 32 bit, 4 GB.

All non-MS services are now off. Removed userva via bcdedit. My setup is a basic Win7 install - no special HW, all other apps/games work without problems. Nothing overclocked.

The new fix is definitely triggering the crash as 0.1 was working well. 0.3 and both versions of 0.4 are crashing the TESV.EXE process the second they try to rescale the intro (menu). If I try to inject the patch after launching the game, it'll immediately crash TESV.EXE.

I'd love to enable some kind of crash dump process to help diagnose the issue I'm encountering...

Are you on Win7 32bit? I am on 64-bit, and I imagine 99% of this forum is as well, because of the need/desire to avoid the memory constraints of 32bit windows. Just a thought. Good luck.

Yes, I'm on Win7 32 bit. I agree, most people would be on 64 bit. In the past, I've been able to get around the memory constraints of 32 bit windows via the userva command. There's only a handful of games that need more that 2 GB address space - and usually increasing it via the userva parameter is sufficient.
I'm guessing that the recent fix is only working for 64 bit OSes. :

Hayden, any chance you could let me know if this could be the reason why it's not working for me?

Anyone using Hayden's 0.3 and later fixes on 32 bit?

Installed windows debugging tools and captured the crash via a memory dump. Here's a section from the debugger output that might be helpful from the 2nd exception (access violation):

This dump file has an exception of interest stored in it.
The stored exception information can be accessed via .ecxr.
(9c8.a98): Access violation - code c0000005 (first/second chance not available)
eax=120f220c ebx=00000001 ecx=0012f7dc edx=00000000 esi=00000000 edi=fffffffe
eip=00bf1c00 esp=0012f7c8 ebp=0012f80c iopl=0 nv up ei pl nz na pe nc
cs=001b ss=0023 ds=0023 es=0023 fs=003b gs=0000 efl=00010206
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for TESV.exe
TESV+0x7f1c00:
00bf1c00 55 push ebp

The first exception was a "epr_Process_Shut_Down_TESV.exe"

Hopefully this can help...

Post subject: Have tried 0.4A and
PostPosted: 21 Nov 2011, 09:34 

Have tried 0.4A and everything works well except the lockpicking is very zoomed in, I will also try 0.4B and let you know if I see any issues.

I am only new to Eyefinity but is it normal for the side screens to be very zoomed in, almost like a fisk bowl effect but it zooms in quite a bit and is a bit distracting when i spot something like a goat which is actually in the far distance but then look at it straight and can barely spot it on the centre screen.... any tips?

I7 930 @ 3.36ghz | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | 6gb DDR3 | Corsair H80 Cooler | Antec Nine Hundred Two V3 Case | 2x VTX3D 6970 2gb X-Edition | 120GB OCZ Vertex 3 SSD | 3x Samsung S24A450BW 24" LED Monitors | Corsair HX-850 PSU | Saphire Active DP

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114 ... 302  Next