Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 07 Jul 2024, 01:19

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121 ... 302  Next
 Post subject: Reporting in as
PostPosted: 22 Nov 2011, 01:03 

Reporting in as requested.

I'm sticking with the .3 fix for the moment, seems to have the best support for my setup. Both the .4 fixes have really bad FOV even once adjusted on my setup. Also the .4A has issues with the map and the .4b has zoomed lock picking again.

My setup
Phenom II x4 965 (3.4)
8 gig 1333 (OC to 1600)
AMD 6970 2 gig reference card running 11.10 ccc
Win7 Ultimate 64-bit

PostPosted: 22 Nov 2011, 01:03 
Insiders
Insiders

Can someone who is using LAA (Large Address Aware) try this and see if it works?
=======================================================================
First, before Steam updates, set LAA back to 2gb for TESV.exe.

Let Steam update the game.

Re-enable LAA to 4gb.

Try to play (mine gave me an error messag code 51)

Verify game cache (mine re-downloaded one file)

Now it works. LAA is enabled, game is running through Steam. All is well on my end. Hope this helps someone.

========================================================================

Let me know.

PostPosted: 22 Nov 2011, 01:16 

So I played until the early hours this morning. I had been using Heilifax's solution up until I installed HaYDeN's solutinon .4a at around 5:00 a.m. MST this morning. The reason I updated to HaYDeN's solution is all of the sudden my game started crashing about every 20 to 30 minutes running Helifax's solution. So I checked back here on the forum's and found .4a and installed it. I assume this all started occuring because of the TestV.exe steam patch issue. Well after I installed Helifax's .4a solution I was up and running great again as far as I know and didn't have any more crashes. When I stopped playing everything seemed fine except I noticed that when I went in a dungeon I started getting clipping (right word?) on my side monitors in dungeons. All the walls in dungeons (and anywhere else for that matter if i get close enough) are now see through. This only happens on the side monitors. I am assuming this has to do with MSAA issues? This pretty much makes the game unplayable in 3 monitor mode for me. :(

PostPosted: 22 Nov 2011, 01:39 

For people trying to run AMD Eyefinity and Crossfire, AMD says that crossfire support will have to be a driver update and cannot be fixed with a crossfire profile. They released a new 11.11a driver today that disables crossfire for the game (no more manually removing card), and adds some performance improvements. It's not listed, yet, on their main driver page, but can be found here:
http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/Catalyst1111aperformance.aspx

Post subject: I use a flash drive to
PostPosted: 22 Nov 2011, 01:42 

I use a flash drive to transfer saves between computers so that after work I can continue (at work station) from saved game on home (eyefinity) computer. I'm not sure if the update broke that as well, but now - although I have copied saves from home to saves on work pc the game does not recognize saves from home pc. (Both of which are owned by me) Not sure if it was the update that broke it but it was fine b4 update...

[Edit]
I removed all but the last save and now have one save, but it's the latest one and it works. probably not related to the game (Steam) update at all

Post subject: Exodus wrote:So I played
PostPosted: 22 Nov 2011, 01:58 
Insiders
Insiders

So I played until the early hours this morning. I had been using Heilifax's solution up until I installed HaYDeN's solutinon .4a at around 5:00 a.m. MST this morning. The reason I updated to HaYDeN's solution is all of the sudden my game started crashing about every 20 to 30 minutes running Helifax's solution. So I checked back here on the forum's and found .4a and installed it. I assume this all started occuring because of the TestV.exe steam patch issue. Well after I installed Helifax's .4a solution I was up and running great again as far as I know and didn't have any more crashes. When I stopped playing everything seemed fine except I noticed that when I went in a dungeon I started getting clipping (right word?) on my side monitors in dungeons. All the walls in dungeons (and anywhere else for that matter if i get close enough) are now see through. This only happens on the side monitors. I am assuming this has to do with MSAA issues? This pretty much makes the game unplayable in 3 monitor mode for me. :(

I'm sure someone here will know more then me about this, but I'm pretty sure the clipping occurs due to a higher FOV. I'm probably wrong, and it is something else causing it. I have it going on, my FOV is normally 95-100. It's doesn't bother me to be honest.

While I'm on here, just like to report that Hayden's 0.4a fix appears to be working flawlessly. I did have dramas with the map, but I think it might be because I've edited my Skyrim.ini so I can "street view" the map. Other then that it's all good. I dont mind the zoomed in lockpick as I can actually see the lock now, it doesn't brake the game for me. Cheers again.

Post subject: gnasche wrote:For people
PostPosted: 22 Nov 2011, 02:01 

For people trying to run AMD Eyefinity and Crossfire, AMD says that crossfire support will have to be a driver update and cannot be fixed with a crossfire profile. They released a new 11.11a driver today that disables crossfire for the game (no more manually removing card), and adds some performance improvements. It's not listed, yet, on their main driver page, but can be found here:
http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/Catalyst1111aperformance.aspx

Dude if you removed your card to disable crossfire, your'e doing it wrong.

As for everyone else who didn't want to get updated by steam, just run the game via TesV.exe.

First thing i did was make 3 backups of tesv.exe and .ini's

Post subject: I dont have much to
PostPosted: 22 Nov 2011, 02:07 

I dont have much to update.
just switched to .4a about 3 hours ago. in 3 hours of play i for the life of me cannot find a single issue that bothered me (other than the known level menu). no texture probs, no travel bugs, no map problems. just loaded and played for 3 hours. inventory and all menus were great.
Phf!! and i was skeptacle to move to .4, GLAD I DID!

my only real notes are:
@ 3840x1024 the preset hands FOV is terrible, but the world at 85 is pretty great. 91 on hands tho? def not @ 3840!, im rocking 75 ATM.

i personally HATE the zoomed lock pick. but that seems like a pretty good split on opinions here. which is funny cause i hate it so much i think those that prefer it zoomed are NUTS!! lol

PostPosted: 22 Nov 2011, 02:10 
Editors
Editors

i personally HATE the zoomed lock pick. but that seems like a pretty good split on opinions here. which is funny cause i hate it so much i think those that prefer it zoomed are NUTS!! lol

Same here lol, fortunately next version of HaYDeN's app will fix the lock pick, it'll have the correct FOV and wont be darker.

PostPosted: 22 Nov 2011, 02:15 

Well, I got the patch and tried to play with an old tesv.exe. The game worked at least where I was, up until the point that I killed a Dragon and I didn't harvest the soul. Twice I tried and it failed both times. Looks like trying to use the old EXE will not work. Using LAA on the new exe causes it to fail to launch, but without LAA the game crashes. Time to send off another email to Bethesda for being jerk offs. Likely they will never see my money again.

Main Box: 3x Dell U2311h 23" Monitors, Intel i7 2600K @4.3Ghz * ASUS P8Z68-V Pro * G.Skill 16Gb DDR3 1866 * ASUS HD6950 DCII 2gb Eyefinity 6 + Sapphire HD6950 2gb Dirt3 Edition [6970 Shader Unlocks, CrossFireX]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121 ... 302  Next