Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 30 Jun 2024, 22:58

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 143 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
PostPosted: 12 Apr 2007, 18:13 
Insiders
Insiders

server probs...link is here http://tocaedit.com

direct:
http://tocaedit.com/forum/dload.php?action=file&file_id=101

PostPosted: 17 Apr 2007, 06:53 

I am having a problem using your program that I have not been able to solve for some time... runing the game alone and at all resolutions available after the .0001 patch the game works fine, but whether I activate your program by pressing F2 in the menu, or in the game... it causes a crash each time, leaving this info:

XR_3DA.exe caused ACCESS_VIOLATION in module "H:S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Shadow of ChernobylbinXR_3DA.exe" at 001b:004AoBC0, CCameraManager::CCameraManager()

While in menu I can still survive after pressing F2, but the moment I try to load a game, this happens. It does not happen if I'm not using your program, but I do have a 16:10 monitor and it REALY hurts to either stretch everything, or cut off my own screen for their verson of "widescreen"

could you tell me what is going on?

Thank you in advance... and it is nice to find this place, as I only got my Hanns.G HW223D less than a week ago, and was SO BADLY hoping to use it in this game.

To someone like me, who is bi-lingual in both english and russian, this game feels like it was made for me :) ... Ontop of it I was born in, and lived in Belarus, Gomel for 9.5 years, left in 92', but I remember living with the Chernobyl fallout for years. On my coming to the US they confiscated my shoelaces because they retained the water from where we were coming from, and showed up on some kind of scan at the authorities.

Perhaps nowhere in the US could I find an audience so captured by the game and inherently with the story that is actualy perhaps interested in such stories. As I could tell you what has happened to the people who stayed in Gomel after we left...

PostPosted: 19 Apr 2007, 03:02 

couple days and no responce... so.. no one has any idea why this program is causing this once its activated?

PostPosted: 19 Apr 2007, 08:06 
Editors
Editors

couple days and no responce... so.. no one has any idea why this program is causing this once its activated?
I guess not ... yet.
Are you sure you have selected the correct game version on the tool ?

PostPosted: 19 Apr 2007, 12:16 

[quote]couple days and no responce... so.. no one has any idea why this program is causing this once its activated?
I guess not ... yet.
Are you sure you have selected the correct game version on the tool ?

Yep... I've tried every combination... even not patching the game at all and using the 1.000 patch version... still same error...

maybe has to do with some kind of permissions somewhere...

I've also tried not puting in a serial number when installing, and trying to match different registration names, or simply not puting in any name during the installation prompt at the name / serial entry window... nothing has helped.

Did some research online, there are ppl with some access_violation issues too, but not with the same file and therefor not for the same reasons. (I've tried some of their solutions as well)

Does this app requre something like the latest .net or java installation?

PostPosted: 19 Apr 2007, 12:35 
Editors
Editors

Does this app requre something like the latest .net or java installation?
Not that I know of ...
Here is the home page of the tool ... maybe contact Racer_S there if you still can't get it to work ...
http://www.tocaedit.com/forum/dload.php?action=file&file_id=101

PostPosted: 27 Apr 2007, 21:09 

Does anybody know if this will be fixed with the next patch? I know the GSC guys finally admitted that widescreen was an issue and said they will fix it, but haven't kept up with when they are planning to fix it. I am hoping it is this upcoming patch and not just down the road somtime, because if not that means the game will just be getting dustier in the meantime. Playing the game in its current state just ruins the experience, for me anyhow.

PostPosted: 27 Apr 2007, 21:14 
Editors
Editors

It is supposed to be fixed in the third patch ... but we haven't had the second yet ... :roll:

... if not that means the game will just be getting dustier in the meantime.

Do you not use the Racer_S hack ? ... as of Apr 04 it works with the first patch as well as unpatched.

PostPosted: 30 Apr 2007, 02:41 

doesnt work for everyone... particularly me... and I did as you suggested with e-mailing Racer_S, and no responce thus far after several days.

I cant figure it out, this issue seems to be unique to me as I dont see any help for it online... so I shall have to suffer :(

PostPosted: 01 May 2007, 03:34 

Problem Solved:

Had to remove DEP protection from the main executable.

For others with similar issues, what you have to do is first right click on My Computer, go to Properties then click on the advanced tab and then the Settings button in the Performance division. Then click on the Data Execution Protection tab. Add the main .exe file to the list of exempted executables in the bottom window of the DEP tab.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 143 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next