Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 04 Jul 2024, 09:55

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124 ... 302  Next
PostPosted: 22 Nov 2011, 11:31 

Has anyone else had an issue since yesterday where the mouse won't move past the left monitor? It happens randomly after I play the game for a little bit. Everything works fine but after a while when I pull up the menu's my mouse won't move to the center or right screen. Just wondering if anyone else has been dealing with this since patch?

I've resolved my other issues with clipping and so far I've been able to run .4A and .4B and .3 without any problems. The LAA fix above worked well.

PostPosted: 22 Nov 2011, 13:37 
Insiders
Insiders

I've resolved my other issues with clipping and so far I've been able to run .4A and .4B and .3 without any problems. The LAA fix above worked well.

How did you resolve your clipping issues?

PostPosted: 22 Nov 2011, 15:05 
Insiders
Insiders

Can someone who is using LAA (Large Address Aware) try this and see if it works?
=======================================================================
First, before Steam updates, set LAA back to 2gb for TESV.exe.

Let Steam update the game.

Re-enable LAA to 4gb.

Try to play (mine gave me an error messag code 51)

Verify game cache (mine re-downloaded one file)

Now it works. LAA is enabled, game is running through Steam. All is well on my end. Hope this helps someone.

========================================================================

Let me know.

Yeah but isn't the "one" file that its re-downloading the new .exe? Which means that No, LAA is not enabled because the file that was patched with it has been replaced?

I tried the "new" 4GB fix just posted (fnv4gb.exe) and the game loaded fine, went outside my house and pulled up map, fast traveled to Thieves Guild... CTD. I'll continue testing it but initial results don't look good.

Gigabyte P67-UD7 rev. B3
OS -Samsung 840pro 256GB ssd
Games -Samsung 840pro 500GB ssd
Pagefile -crucial 60GB ssd
Storage -2x 4TB WD
PWS -Seasonic Prime 1k Titanium

Post subject: Weird problem
PostPosted: 22 Nov 2011, 15:55 

Hi guys,
first of all thank you from Italy! For the great job and for having fixed the surround display view.

Game runs fine but I still have a weird issue when i draw/undraw weapons.
When I am in first person and I draw weapon it looks like the view is the one of the left monitor, stretched on 5760x1080.

I am using Hayden ultra wide ver 0.3 (also same with 0.4a)

I made this video so you can understand.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWkEjkn7o3o
(best viewed fullscreen)

I have a nvidia surround with 2x570gtx, win7 64 bit, an i7-2600k cpu and 16 gb of RAM.

Thank you and I really hope you can help me !

PostPosted: 22 Nov 2011, 16:47 

The author of the FONV LAA tool updated his tool for Skyrim:
http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=1013

I personally am using the old unpatched .exe for now. Let's see how long this will work.

PostPosted: 22 Nov 2011, 16:50 

[quote]LAA fix posted on the official forums by a user.

http://forums.bethsoft.com/index.php?/topic/1285195-laa-fix-that-doesnt-involve-overwriting-your-exe/

here is the megaupload link to the file: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=MBBKAPTJ

Copy the files in the folder "compiled_files" and run the exe. I'm testing it in depth now.

After fast traveling from city to city to place to city to place to mountain top and spinning all around, I can confirm that I am not getting any crashing with this fix. It seems to be working as a new LAA method for the patch (I have now disabled steam auto-patching).

For Steam users that got patched and need the LAA fix, download the file from megaupload that I linked, extract the contents of "compiled_files" to your /steam/steamapps/common/skyrim folder, the same folder with tesv.exe, and launch "fnv4gb.exe". This works with Hayden's 0.4a release, so I'm sure it does with all the others.
d it was just modified for Skyrim. Whatever works! Effing Bethesda better not mess it up again.

Edit: I'd also note that the AMD 11.11a drivers did help single GPU performance just slightly, and I now can leave CrossFireX enabled in CCC since it tells the game to only use one GPU. Hopefully they get a full CrossFireX solution out soon.

Are you playing with a retail dvd install or a steam digital download?

Seems retail dvd folks are having trouble with this new LAA patch. Since i am a retail dvd install i am hesitant to try this as im running ok on the old .exe with haydens .4. I have steam offline.

It seems it was written for Fallout New Vegas, an

PostPosted: 22 Nov 2011, 16:53 

Does the LAA patch screw up Steam Achievements? I can live without achievements mind you.

PostPosted: 22 Nov 2011, 16:54 
Insiders
Insiders

Seems I need to run the new LAA Fallout .exe as an Admin. If I do that, fast travel now works flawlessly :)

I do get some wierd transparent texture overlay after leaving dialogue with 'some' characters. It goes away if I go through a load point though (go in to a house or come out of a building, etc)

Crashes are gone though. YaY.

I am running Skyrim Retail DVD just to note.

Also, I'm running 0.4A with DVD Retail. My brother is using 0.4B with Steam download. He said 0.4A doesn't work right with his Steam version. Curious.

Gigabyte P67-UD7 rev. B3
Storage -2x 4TB WD

PostPosted: 22 Nov 2011, 17:19 
Insiders
Insiders

Not sure about achievements. Last one I recieved was "You've reached level 10". I'm level 21 now...

Nice thing about steam is it shows how many hours you've played and if someone pm's you you don't have to tab out and corrupt your game anymore, you can use the overlay.

Now if only I could add in the 16hrs I played with the fix just running the TESV.exe. :/

Also, the "Official" Skyrim4GB patch can be found:

http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=1013

Gigabyte P67-UD7 rev. B3
Storage -2x 4TB WD

PostPosted: 22 Nov 2011, 17:47 

^just a note to the few of us on 3840x1024 or similar res.
i see no need for that patch personally. playing on ultra with everything up, all defaults upped. all view distances maxes. fxaa, 16x AF etc.
and a few shadow tweaks on the ini to incease shadows on trees and rocks and other stuff. with all that said, i still get over 30fps all the time, have pretty much no texture bugs, no crashes etc.
and my theory here is "if its not broke, don't fix it". im already running a visual patch and the ultra wide loader. im gonna try and not hack my game to the point of no return hah.

again, this is just my exp, and im 3840x1024, which is almost 35% less than those @ 5760.
*playin on my home machine, specs in sig

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124 ... 302  Next