Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 04 Jul 2024, 09:44

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129 ... 302  Next
PostPosted: 23 Nov 2011, 12:14 
Editors
Editors

Yes, steam version. I can either run skyrim via the unmodified launcher or run the tesv.exe process itself. Same result.

Hey BobMarkinson, ive contacted HaYDeN, can you please make sure you have C++ Redistributable installed ?
It shouldnt be a problem in 32 bits OS since the app itself is 32bit, runs as 32bit on a 64bit operating system.

PostPosted: 23 Nov 2011, 15:17 
Insiders
Insiders

Each time that I play.
When I start the game, it always works fine, and I can use the menu more than one time. But after some time, it happens.

I tried -+ whitout success.

This evening, I'll do some tests to see if I can find the sequence of actions that cause the problem.

Are you running mouse software or just default windows control of your mouse?

The reason I ask is because a few other people (not many) have reported this issue and I'm sure there's a common denominator.

I'm using a razor mouse with razor software utility and have never experienced the mouse stuck on the left screen.

Gigabyte P67-UD7 rev. B3
OS -Samsung 840pro 256GB ssd
Games -Samsung 840pro 500GB ssd
Pagefile -crucial 60GB ssd
Storage -2x 4TB WD
PWS -Seasonic Prime 1k Titanium

PostPosted: 23 Nov 2011, 17:15 

[quote]I am using Hayden's V0.3 fix, with the newly patched Skyrim. I have noticed there are some mouse glitches. In the load screen, the mouse pointer was on screen, and it seemed disconnected from the Skyrim mouse pointer. After Alt-Tabbing a few times, the two synced up and I was able to control the in-game pointer to start the game.

Also, I have noticed that in conversations (and other times) I lose the ability to choose options with the mouse. I can still rotate my view slowly while in conversation, but the mouse pointer is nowhere to be seen.

I have had the second mouse issue prior to the patched skyrim, and I am not sure it is related to the fix tool, just thought I would mention it. Not game breaking.

The center monitor is the only place the mouse pointer shows up. However it is also on the monitor to your right, you just can't see it there, the pointer goes out of view on the right monitor. The monitor to your left you can't move the mouse on to.

This is probably what you're talking about?

There may be another problem. There were actually two mouse pointers on the screen, the windows mouse pointer which I had intermittent control over, and the Skyrim pointer which was motionless.

PostPosted: 23 Nov 2011, 17:44 

I'm using a controller, 4b, launch the game w/ TESV.exe (not updated - refuse to log onto Steam for the moment) and I noticed the cursor pop up in play last night. I just moved it to the far right and kept truckin'. First time that has happened. Maybe it didn't get stuck because I use a controller.? Just throwing it out there.

Post subject: c69 wrote:There may be
PostPosted: 23 Nov 2011, 17:49 

There may be another problem. There were actually two mouse pointers on the screen, the windows mouse pointer which I had intermittent control over, and the Skyrim pointer which was motionless.

i get this after alt-tabbing sometimes. if you alt tab again (sometimes it even takes two more times) it seems to go away.

also my mouse has always never moved onto the left screen. when in menu or inventory, i assumed since the inventory is centered to the middle, why would i ever need i to? doesnt seem to matter as nothing is over there to click on. i can move it over there in the map though n/p.

and my mouse does move to the right screen, and i can see it. all the time. in inventory, menus etc. it moves right and is still visible. it does occasionally dissapear when its over on the right monitor though. again, doesnt matter as long as it works on the middle one. i did get it lost over on the right once or twice though, but just moving it left either makes it visible again or just brings it to the middle screen

Post subject: Cinnabuns wrote:kcirevaM
PostPosted: 23 Nov 2011, 17:58 

[quote]Each time that I play.
When I start the game, it always works fine, and I can use the menu more than one time. But after some time, it happens.

I tried -+ whitout success.

This evening, I'll do some tests to see if I can find the sequence of actions that cause the problem.

Are you running mouse software or just default windows control of your mouse?

The reason I ask is because a few other people (not many) have reported this issue and I'm sure there's a common denominator.

I'm using a razor mouse with razor software utility and have never experienced the mouse stuck on the left screen.

I use the logitech software for my MX1000 mouse

Post subject: using fix 4a and 4b mine
PostPosted: 23 Nov 2011, 18:05 

using fix 4a and 4b mine still triples on the 3 screens instead of extending. any idea on how to fix this?

PostPosted: 23 Nov 2011, 18:15 

I had read some people mention this however I have never struck it, even after hours of gaming... how often does it happen? if it happens instantly then something is not right.

Are you sure the hack was not simply deactivated with the hotkey ( PLUS OR MINUS + -) - did you try toggling the enable/disable hotkey?

Ok I found how to reproduce it, it's when I use the map.
One time I used the map, the mouse is blocked on the left screen (except for the map).

On the MAP I can see the pointer on the center screen and I think it can go on the right screen, even if I can't see it. But I can't go on the left screen. If I do a disable via the hotkey, I can see and move the pointer on the three screen.
But it doesn't change anything for the other menu. One time I used the map, the pointer is blocked on the left screen.

PostPosted: 23 Nov 2011, 18:43 

Odd as it sounds, HaYDeNs fix can be messed up (both 0.4A and 0.4B) by changing some of the ini items. For example: iShadowMaskQuarter=5 will cause everything in the UI to be shifted whereas iShadowMaskQuarter=4 works fine.

Therefore, to people having wierd issues, you might want to revert your ini's back to default to check if they are working, then apply changes one by one until something breaks. Thats what I had to do.

I suspect this is the difference between people who use 0.4A and 0.4B also.

-----------------

Additionally confirming that I can't use my mouse on the left screen at any time, and pointer doesn't show up on right. Doesn't really break anything for me so I haven't minded but.. figured I'd chime in.

PostPosted: 23 Nov 2011, 19:26 
Editors
Editors

using fix 4a and 4b mine still triples on the 3 screens instead of extending. any idea on how to fix this?

Can you please post a screenshot ?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129 ... 302  Next