Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 07 Jul 2024, 00:09

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132 ... 302  Next
 Post subject: eyefinity support
PostPosted: 24 Nov 2011, 07:42 

[quote][quote]Regarding the "auto detect" setting for Hayden's fix - has anyone had success manually entering their resolution? I have mine set to autodetect, though I'm unsure if it is actually doing so properly. However, if I untick this option and set my actual res (which is 6048x1080 bezel corrected), starting the game gives me all the odd menus etc as if it isnt running the fix at all.

Am I alone in this?

happens for me to. setting the actual res fixes my issue above but all menus and everything else is screwed.

I couldn't get 4.0A to work setting to my res of 4720x1600, but I found if I set it to one monitor and approximately one third or so - I use 1800 - it does display and doesn't cut off my text. If I set it to auto, it picks what is my 1/3 res and then chops the text.

Map is still screwed for me, but it has been on all versions.

I'm using an ATI 6950, latest drivers and Soft TH to get it to work across my monitors.

eyefinity is designed for 3 monitors or more, not 2, so if you are running 4720x1600 are you running 2x(2360x1600)? and are you using at least one of the monitors as displayport/minidp?
with my single 6950 i find that the .4b works the best at 6048x1080 (bezel compensated) although it tends to get buggy after a few map uses, have to restart skyrim. After a few quest dialogs too it gets buggy, puts the mouse cursor on the far left monitor and will not let it go to the middle to select quest options, but hey that is why you can use the keyboard. Will continue to support these guys and so should other people who use WSGF and their tools, looking out for gamers when the game writers will not.

Post subject: rbuljo wrote:hi guys. im
PostPosted: 24 Nov 2011, 08:45 

hi guys. im going INSANE!!

tried every fix available i think..

problem is not FOV, menus or anything like this. but with my rig i get between 5 - 10fps.. it is completely unplayable. tried turning everything low, AA off etc etc etc, dll`s.. but cant seem to shake it.

read about 60+ pages in this tread before i lost it, saw other people have been bothered with the same problem but couldnt find their results..
so i must ask. can anyone help me? i know there are some issues regarding eyefinity and so forth. when playing single monitor everything is fine.
put both in games folder and skyrim folder skyrimprefs.dll 5760x1200.

my rig:
i7 2600k @ 4.8Ghz.
Asus P8P67 Deluxe
3x24" HP ZR24W
2X Asus HD-6970
16GB Ram

I have two 6950's and you can't run XFire worth anything in this game if you are running 2x 6970's disable xfire and completely remove the other card from the system. I did this and my framerate is fine with one card. Getting up to 60 fps with the one card and lowest I've ever gotten is 30 in Whiterun. Before I disabled Xfire I was getting 10 - 15 frames per second. Xfire is note worth it and you get plenty of fps with one card. Sucks that we spent the money on the second card and cant' use it I know but for this game you really don't need 2x cards.

BTW I am gettting these framerates at the highest graphics settings with my card.

Post subject: I mean with the HaYDeN's
PostPosted: 24 Nov 2011, 08:47 

I will give that a try. I am at work right now but I'll try it out when I get home in a couple hours.

Edit: One more thing. When you say "start the game" do you mean without the LAA executable and without of of HaYDeN's patches or with one of his patches running? Also, if so, which version are you using? If we can determine this is a seperate issue that is not caused from one of HaYDeN's fixes we should probably start a new topic to resolve this issue.

Edit 2; One more thing. I don't know how this could cause the issue but I'm curious about it because I found a post simialr to this on this in another forum. I guess people playing EQ2 in eyefinity had a similar mouse issue and one of the guys said it had to do with his video card driver update. I don't know understand how a video card driver could cause this issue but it is interesting to note that the day this started happening I updated my Raydeon driver for my 6950 card from 11.5 to 11.11. Can you tell me what video card you have and if it is a Radeon card what version of the catalyst driver software you are using? I might try to roll back my driver to see if it helps.

Exo

I mean with the HaYDeN's patch. I tryed the 0.4a and b. I was looking to the older version to test, but I did not find it.

You can try too without the patch, in this case for me, the map doesn't cause the left screen mouse problem. I did not try to play without the HaYDeN's patch, I just did the small test.

I have a radeon 5770, I use the 11.11

PostPosted: 24 Nov 2011, 09:02 

Hey guys,
Another long time reader, new poster. Ive been following this tread since page one. Have to say, I love the support and dedication of some of the members here. I want to give a HUGE thanks! shout out to HaYden and helifax!!! And others that have participated in scripting, testing, informing, sharing etc. It is a huge pain every time games come out for PC and not to support eyefinity or surround vision out of the box. I was looking so forward to Skyrim, only to be flat out gut checked that it didnt support widescreen. Thanks to both of your fixes you have made it enjoyable and a painless (mostly). I for one would not even play Skyrim if I had to result to one monitor (like Witcher 2). Other than the occasional crash to desktop, it has been 100% playable for me. Thanks again!! love you guys...

currently running HaYdens 4a version no probs ;)

PostPosted: 24 Nov 2011, 10:13 

[quote]
I'm using an ATI 6950, latest drivers and Soft TH to get it to work across my monitors.

eyefinity is designed for 3 monitors or more, not 2, so if you are running 4720x1600 are you running 2x(2360x1600)? and are you using at least one of the monitors as displayport/minidp?
with my single 6950 i find that the .4b works the best at 6048x1080 (bezel compensated) although it tends to get buggy after a few map uses, have to restart skyrim. After a few quest dialogs too it gets buggy, puts the mouse cursor on the far left monitor and will not let it go to the middle to select quest options, but hey that is why you can use the keyboard. Will continue to support these guys and so should other people who use WSGF and their tools, looking out for gamers when the game writers will not.

Er, right.

No, I'm running three monitors - 2 24" 1920x1080 in portrait mode on either side of a 2560x1600 30" in landscape. Hence why I'm running Soft TH. Looks gorgeous.

The map issue could well be a side-effect of Soft TH, although iirc it has worked for me sporadically.

Anyway, for anyone trying to manually set res, I found setting it to a manual res at more than 1/3 my total width let me read and see more clearly than in autodetect.

Post subject: Exodus wrote:I have two
PostPosted: 24 Nov 2011, 12:30 
Insiders
Insiders

I have two 6950's and you can't run XFire worth anything in this game if you are running 2x 6970's disable xfire and completely remove the other card from the system. I did this and my framerate is fine with one card. Getting up to 60 fps with the one card and lowest I've ever gotten is 30 in Whiterun. Before I disabled Xfire I was getting 10 - 15 frames per second. Xfire is note worth it and you get plenty of fps with one card. Sucks that we spent the money on the second card and cant' use it I know but for this game you really don't need 2x cards.

BTW I am gettting these framerates at the highest graphics settings with my card.

For Exodus (and anyone else running crossfire) you no longer need to disable/remove a card from your crossfire set up. You should use the latest Catalyst 11.11 driver, and then use the hotfix (see here: http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/Catalyst1111aperformance.aspx) which disables crossfire support for Skyrim, until they release a driver with full support.

Post subject: chieftex wrote:Exodus
PostPosted: 24 Nov 2011, 12:36 

[quote]

For Exodus (and anyone else running crossfire) you no longer need to disable/remove a card from your crossfire set up. You should use the latest Catalyst 11.11 driver, and then use the hotfix (see here: http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/Catalyst1111aperformance.aspx) which disables crossfire support for Skyrim, until they release a driver with full support.

thanks, will try this. will it disable crossfire automaticly for skyrim, or will it disable CF permanent?

Post subject: chieftex wrote:Exodus
PostPosted: 24 Nov 2011, 12:47 

[quote]

Thanks Chieftex! I will give that a shot as well! That would be awesome and a lot less work. :)

Post subject: Exodus wrote:kcirevaM
PostPosted: 24 Nov 2011, 13:02 

[quote][quote][quote][quote]Hello,

Thanks for your software.

Is there a solution for the problem with the mouse on the left screen?
It's strange because the problem never occur on the map.

The boring stuff is that since you cannot click on yes or no, it's blocked, and the only to go out is to kill the process and restart it.

No solution?
Because it still more boring that what I thaugh. After some mission, a popup message appears and you have to click on OK. If your mouse is locked on the left screen, you are stuck since the message is on the center screen.
I killed the dragon two times. After the first time, I received the popup message and I was stuck.

Up to now, I don't know what cause the beginning of the mouse blocked on the left screen. I mean when I start the game and at least for some times, the mouse can move on the three screens.

The only good news is that reload the game and the savegame is quick... when you don't forget to save before to start some menu.

I have been having this same issue and posted on it before. The mouse reverts to the left screen to me about every half hour or so. Once this occurs the only way to get the mouse off the left screen is to restart the game. Also, if I remember right, I think I tested it and this mouse problem happens to me even if I run the game and don't implement any of HaYDeN's fixes (although I can't remember for sure and can test this again tonight). I have played with the .ini file and have had no luck solving the issue and reverted back to an earlier .ini file and it still happens with about the same frequency. I haven't given up on a solution yet but I am pretty close to wiping the game, re-installing, and starting over from scratch. This did not happen to me before this last "patch". Also the new LAA patch doesnt' effect this problem. The mouse still gets locked on the left monitor whether I start the game with the LAA executable or the steam executable.

I'll post again if I find a solution.

As for my clipping issues someone asked what my solution was. I restored back to an unmodified .ini file and the clipping problems i was having went away. I still get normal clipping in tight dungeons on the outside edges but the extreme clipping that was filling my 2 side monitors went away. I also dropped my FOV from 100 to 80.

Edit: I take it back. I have not tested the mouse issue without one of HaYDeN's fixes installed. What I did was test it with .3, .4a, and .4b and the problem occured with all 3 patches.

Could you check the same than me?

Start the game
open the inventory
test the mouse in the inventory
close the inventory,
open the map
close the map
recheck the inventory

What happen?

I will give that a try. I am at work right now but I'll try it out when I get home in a couple hours.

Edit: One more thing. When you say "start the game" do you mean without the LAA executable and without of of HaYDeN's patches or with one of his patches running? Also, if so, which version are you using? If we can determine this is a seperate issue that is not caused from one of HaYDeN's fixes we should probably start a new topic to resolve this issue.

Edit 2; One more thing. I don't know how this could cause the issue but I'm curious about it because I found a post simialr to this on this in another forum. I guess people playing EQ2 in eyefinity had a similar mouse issue and one of the guys said it had to do with his video card driver update. I don't know understand how a video card driver could cause this issue but it is interesting to note that the day this started happening I updated my Raydeon driver for my 6950 card from 11.5 to 11.11. Can you tell me what video card you have and if it is a Radeon card what version of the catalyst driver software you are using? I might try to roll back my driver to see if it helps.

Exo

Ok, here is the results of my testing your steps exactly above:

First time: I ran the game. Opened inventory. Closed Inventory. Opened Map. Opened Inventory. Everything is fine and mouse works. This is just running the game running without injecting any of HaYDeN's patches.

Second Time: I ran the game. Alt Tabbed and Injected .4a. Pressed +. Opened Inv. Closed Inv. Opened Map. Closed Map. Opened Inventory. Mouse is working fine. However if I hit the - key any time after this point and open the inventory the inv hud opens up on the left screen not the center screen and the mouse will not move off the left screen at this point. However, if I hit the + key again the inv hud moves back to the center screen with the mouse moving to the center screen. But any time I go back to the - option the hud is on the left screen and the mouse will not move off of this screen. So at this point I can't run the game in the - mode. If I hit the esc key with the - still on the hud for saving the game, etc comes up on the middle screen but the mouse remains on the left screen and I cannot move it to the center screen hud. If I hit + at this point it moves the mouse back to the center screen. The only way to reset the mouse problem at this point in the - option is to restart the game. This is the optoin I play with. Anytime I need to get my mouse to the center screen (for example to load or save a game) I just hit the + Key to minmize the hud to the center screen and bring the mouse back to the center screen. Everything is scrunched by this time using the + option but I only need to do it long enough to manipulate the mouse for either loading or saving or working throught npc discussions.

Third Time: I did the exact same thing as the 2nd option with the same results but ran .4b. However, in this instance the + and - key toggling have no results on my machine. For example even before I follow your steps if i run the game and inject .4b and I hit + it doesn't minimize the Inv HUD to the center screen like .4a does. So when mouse gets stuck on the left monitor I can't just hit the + key to bring the mouse back to the center screen. At this point with .4b I have to restart the game to get the mouse to move back to the other 2 monitors.

Fourth Time: I followed the same procedure as the 2nd time only I injected .3. This time when I hit the + key it moves the inv screen to the center monitor. However when i do this many times I get scrunched text on the center screen and (no matter which HaYDeN fix I install) running the fix on the center screen scrunches my compass to very small and has unreadable charachters. However with .3 I can follow your procedure and the mouse never gets hung up on the left screen. However toggling minus puts the inv hud on the left screen and when I move the mouse to the middle or right screens instead of getting hung up the mouse just dissapears all together. All in all .3 might be the best option for me to run but for some reason I get a lot of text scrunching and I never know what the HUD's are going to look like each time I open them. Sometimes they look normal and sometimes everthing is scunched. In the past I'm pretty sure I was able to get the mouse hung up on the left monitor using .3 before but I could not get that result tonight.

Exo

Post subject: profd wrote:helifax
PostPosted: 24 Nov 2011, 13:02 
Insiders
Insiders

[quote]Ok!

I made a couple of tests with the original TESV.exe and the TESV.exe..4g (from the 4GB patch) and even if the correct 3D Vision profile is not loaded I could not find any performance or graphical issues. So I can say we are not loosing anything in 3D Vision;)) We can use the patch safely

Best Regards,
Helifax

I have found i cant play running the 4G patcher. My game pauses every couple of seconds and exits 3d mode. Then it re enters. The GPU shows the usage bouncing from 0-100 %. I had to enter task manage and kill off the process. Running it non 4G mode the problem doesnt occur.

Are you using any FXXA injection patch for post processing (the one from the Skyrim Nexus)? I am having some weird problems with that one also;)) Yes I know exactly what you mean!!! I also saw extreme stuttering when using the 4Gb patch and that injector.... Another think that might possible cause this is that the SLI bits are not set for the generic profile (if you use nVidia Inspector you will see under Elder Scrolls Skyrim that the game uses specific SLI compatibility)... It seems this needs some more testing...
I will also try to recompile the patch so it uses the same executable name and not TESV.exe.4g name.
Now I only need to find a copy of Visual Studio 2010 non-Express version as it cannot find all the includes when trying to recompile...

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at
3D Vision Surround Gallery

E-mail and Paypal (for people who wants it): tavyhome@gmail.com

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132 ... 302  Next