Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 01 Jul 2024, 06:16

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 328 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 33  Next
PostPosted: 12 Feb 2012, 22:42 
Administrators
Administrators

[quote]I have the original origin version but whilst waiting for the fix to come i thought i would try a 2nd install and use a crack. Exe is v1.02 and im using the v1.01 of the ws fix. Everything seems to be ok on until i press the block button and i get the vortex effect. Any ideas?

On widescreen fixer im using a Fov of 120, resolution 3480 x 800
In game the resolution is 5760 x 1080 as i cannot select 3480, before i start i enable the ws fix

Please clarify how you got this working on your Origin version. Did you install the 1.02 patch, crack it, and then run the fix as usual? I might as well try that as well while I wait for the proper fix. Thx

It should be a matter of:

1. Download the Widescreen Fixer tool and download the plugin linked in his post.

2. Copy that plugin into the plugins folder in the directory you put the Widescreen Fixer.

3. Start the Widescreen Fixer and select Kingdoms of Amalure - Reckoning from the Select Game drop down.

4. Click the cog to the right of the drop down, enter in your desired FoV and Screen Resolution, then select Reckoning 1.0.1 - Origin from the Game Version drop down box.

5. Click Save Settings and then close window and then launch the game via Origin.

6. Once the game has loaded to the main menu, assuming the fix works you can press whatever hotkey you set to enable the fix.

7. If it works and you have everything setup right then it should fix the FoV in the game.

@helifax I'm having to reinstall my game atm but I'll try it myself when its done.

"Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality."

Post subject: origin fix
PostPosted: 12 Feb 2012, 22:44 

Origin fix not work for me!Game crash after i start the fix!!

PostPosted: 12 Feb 2012, 22:48 

This is pretty cool. Is it possible to fix the cutscenes with this patch or will we have to wait for an official patch?

PostPosted: 12 Feb 2012, 22:58 
Administrators
Administrators

This is pretty cool. Is it possible to fix the cutscenes with this patch or will we have to wait for an official patch?

In its current state it doesn't, it could be done, but how much work it'll take and whether helifax can spare the time or if he wants to fix the quest window first is completely his call, he does this off his own free time so where he puts his effort is largely his call.

Post subject: helifax following my own
PostPosted: 12 Feb 2012, 23:06 
Administrators
Administrators

helifax following my own instruction on the last page and the fixed appears to work perfectly, might need to tweak the FoV a bit it seems a little close but I've not even looked to see if there is a zoom in and out yet so it could just be that. Anyway thanks, at least now I can get some gameplay footage while I decide whether or not this game deserves a review or just an analysis.

PostPosted: 12 Feb 2012, 23:22 
Insiders
Insiders

helifax following my own instruction on the last page and the fixed appears to work perfectly, might need to tweak the FoV a bit it seems a little close but I've not even looked to see if there is a zoom in and out yet so it could just be that. Anyway thanks, at least now I can get some gameplay footage while I decide whether or not this game deserves a review or just an analysis.

Be sure to use a resolution lower than 4096 on width to get the Quest menu working. If doing so also the black-bars in the cutscenes will not be that big. Overall the game will be 100% playable and enjoyable.

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at
3D Vision Surround Gallery

E-mail and Paypal (for people who wants it): tavyhome@gmail.com

PostPosted: 13 Feb 2012, 00:15 

@helifax,

thanks for making the plugin !
is there any way to create a zoom effect ?
or a way to select how far back the zoom is
ex. zoom 50 , zoom 60 , zoom 70 etc.........

:WWTH2Go <--- triple head 3 sluts and me :)

:party:

Post subject: nastynacho
PostPosted: 13 Feb 2012, 00:20 
Insiders
Insiders

@helifax,

thanks for making the plugin !
is there any way to create a zoom effect ?
or a way to select how far back the zoom is
ex. zoom 50 , zoom 60 , zoom 70 etc.........

:WWTH2Go <--- triple head 3 sluts and me :)

:party:

Nope! The game has a zoom button:) That can be used to look around. I dunnot control how far the zoom goes. It is calculated by the engine based on the new FOV that I introduce inside the engine:)
I don't think I will look at this in the future... as it works properly now...at least from my point of view:)) and there are other things that I might fix before then this;))

Glad you like it;))

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at
3D Vision Surround Gallery

E-mail and Paypal (for people who wants it): tavyhome@gmail.com

Post subject: Halp
PostPosted: 13 Feb 2012, 01:06 

So when I enter the game, I press my hotkey for WSF and it looked like the screen squeezed in and I couldn't see anything except for the interface!
I'm a newbie, what am I doing wrong! help!

PostPosted: 13 Feb 2012, 02:46 

@helifax

I just registered to say thank you for the KoA plug-in to use with Widescreen Fixer! I am one of those people who became quite sick after playing for it about half an hour. Never in my 38 years have I ever experienced that with a game! Not even with Descent from back in the day. Thankfully, the fov fix was enough to prevent me from becoming sick, even with a slight fisheye effect around the edges. Again, thank you for allowing the game to be playable and not being a waste of money. That and multi-monitor support to boot!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 328 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 33  Next