Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 07 Jul 2024, 03:46

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152 ... 302  Next
PostPosted: 01 Dec 2011, 08:02 

Just updating with my current exp.. Using the (original) Test app from initial install, and HaYdens .4B, I played for 4 hours not one CTD, or graphical issues...

Previously, I was running Skyrim with 1.1 and using the 4gb patch, with .HaYden 4B fix. Once I heard of the neg feedback with new patch, I chose not to run 4GB because it would update patch version. So, I put the original Test app back in Skyrim main folder.. did not replace new Test app. Simply changed name to Test 2. Without reverting back to vanilla files, or making 2 copies of Skyrim... Just threw it in, and started with HaYden 4B (so Skyrim version 1.1). After injecting patch, ran Test 2 (original test)... No problems.. no menu issues or map issues (at least not within 4 hour test)...

Drivers/performance
11.11b drivers crossfire enabled = 25-34 fps outside, 40's inside - Ultra settings @ 5760x1200.
11.11b drivers crossfire disabled = 40-56 fps outside, upper 50's-lower 60's inside - Ultra settings @ 5760x1200

Um no, 11.11b not scaling well crossfire...

PostPosted: 01 Dec 2011, 08:53 

on a side note, my characters head strobes when playing in eyefinity. anyone else get that? Its not a huge deal, since I usually play in 1st person, but would like to look at my character at least some of the time...

I had this too. Seems a spoiled savegame. Could only get rid of it continuing with an older savegame withot the strobes.

PostPosted: 01 Dec 2011, 09:31 

Notes so far (including some fixes/workarounds). Read on!

The new patch (1.2) has fixed some things, and broken others (what did you expect)?!

Of concern to people in this forum, of course, is compatibility with Hayden's brilliant fix. As he so rightly told me himself, any minute change to the code will break his fix, requiring him to look at it again. But this might not be worth it, as I suspect we will see a new patch very soon.

In the mean time, be sure to check the following things to make sure you can run Skyrim properly:

1 - The new bugs. There are a few complaints, such as backwards flying dragons, but the main one that I can personally confirm is that resistances (elemental etc) are broken from this new patch. If you have resistance to fire/ice/whatever, you don't any more! This goes for poison too, and works with enemies as well. Easiest way to see it is to cast fire on a flame atronach - it causes damage when it shouldn't! We have to wait for Bethesda to fix this.

Hope I've helped!

Will these resistances bugs effect savegames made when patch 1.2 was istalled or can this be cured with a new patch?

Post subject: pic related.Keep up the
PostPosted: 01 Dec 2011, 13:11 

pic related.

Keep up the good work hayden and helifax.

PostPosted: 01 Dec 2011, 13:28 
Insiders
Insiders

So yeah, this morning I get up to find that NONE of the files in my Skyrim folder have been updated but guess what... THEY (STEAM) DELETED THE TESV.EXE!?!??!

Date Modified for every folder is 11/29 or previous but the TESV disappeared over night... WTF! So I launch and with skyrim4GB.exe and now the game won't launch, can't find the specified file.

I have a backup though so I put it back in and now the game launches to a black screen, then exits back to desktop.

I'm so pissed. Looks like I'm going to be finding the 1.1 revert files... hrmmm

Gigabyte P67-UD7 rev. B3
OS -Samsung 840pro 256GB ssd
Games -Samsung 840pro 500GB ssd
Pagefile -crucial 60GB ssd
Storage -2x 4TB WD
PWS -Seasonic Prime 1k Titanium

Post subject: Ok, so I'm back up and
PostPosted: 01 Dec 2011, 13:47 
Insiders
Insiders

Ok, so I'm back up and running.

For those too lazy to search, the 1.1 revert files can also be found in the first post of this thread.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?s=5532e595c2ea55d8c70e7598b34a104f&t=2264459

I used the skyrim4GB.exe UPDATE 1 with it and it works. I also tried Update 4 which loads the game but with a broken start menu so I reverted to Update 1 which works like it did yesterday, completely fine.

I also set Steam in offline mode and it shows Skyrim in my Library as "Update Paused" which is FREAKIN FUNNY cause the game is set to NOT UPDATE MY FREAKING FILES VALVE/BETHESDA you bastards...

I think I'm going to show a Screen shot on Steam forums of my setting "DO NOT AUTOMATICALLY UPDATE THIS GAME" with the Library menu next to it that says, "Updating Paused"

I guess in their defense, they didn't update any files, they deleted the primary so you would then HAVE to update your files. Sooo underhanded.

They're violating MY TOS! hahaha.

Gigabyte P67-UD7 rev. B3
OS -Samsung 840pro 256GB ssd
Games -Samsung 840pro 500GB ssd
Pagefile -crucial 60GB ssd
Storage -2x 4TB WD
PWS -Seasonic Prime 1k Titanium

Post subject: Updated Detailed
PostPosted: 01 Dec 2011, 14:19 
Insiders
Insiders

Updated Detailed Report

- Added mouse sensitivity setting
- Manual mode allows custom width with calculated offsets.
- Should no longer require a A/B version
- Model scaling is automatically calculated, accurate? I don't know.
- Supports v1.2 only ATM.

Want to keep Flawless Widescreen alive? Donate Here

Post subject: HaYden's 0.6?
PostPosted: 01 Dec 2011, 14:29 

I noticed there's still lots of posts about rolling back to 1.1. I noticed HaYden has a 0.6 update (for 1.2) on the main Skyrim info page

http://widescreengamingforum.com/dr/elder-scrolls-v-skyrim/en

Anyone try this?

Edit: Oops, HaYDen posted his update as I was typing this :)

PostPosted: 01 Dec 2011, 14:32 
Insiders
Insiders

Updated Detailed Report

- Added mouse sensitivity setting
- Manual mode allows custom width with calculated offsets.
- Should no longer require a A/B version
- Model scaling is automatically calculated, accurate? I don't know.
- Supports v1.2 only ATM.

Nice!!! I also noticed last night that the scaling of items appears to be done automatically now....

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at
3D Vision Surround Gallery

E-mail and Paypal (for people who wants it): tavyhome@gmail.com

PostPosted: 01 Dec 2011, 14:40 
Insiders
Insiders

Nice!!! I also noticed last night that the scaling of items appears to be done automatically now....

Not as part of the 1.2 Update from Bethesda no... rather simply a removal of the GUI option... They've fixed absolutely _nothing_ with respect to triplewide...

Using formula (ResX / ResY) / 1.77

I only tested it at 48:9 truth be told.

Want to keep Flawless Widescreen alive? Donate Here

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152 ... 302  Next