Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 07 Jul 2024, 03:39

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154 ... 302  Next
PostPosted: 01 Dec 2011, 17:26 

Updated Detailed Report

- Added mouse sensitivity setting
- Manual mode allows custom width with calculated offsets.
- Should no longer require a A/B version
- Model scaling is automatically calculated, accurate? I don't know.
- Supports v1.2 only ATM.

thanks man. if I'm so lucky, maybe I'll be able to play tonight when I get home. you're like some form of widescreen god (I'm not saying you're fat).

Main Box: 3x Dell U2311h 23" Monitors, Intel i7 2600K @4.3Ghz * ASUS P8Z68-V Pro * G.Skill 16Gb DDR3 1866 * ASUS HD6950 DCII 2gb Eyefinity 6 + Sapphire HD6950 2gb Dirt3 Edition [6970 Shader Unlocks, CrossFireX]

PostPosted: 01 Dec 2011, 17:30 

Better support ? HaYDeN's solution is probably the best we will get, if you plan to wait for an "official" solution form Bethesda it may take forever.

Maybe - until we get the SDK and the tools. It's entirely possible that will allow us to mod the UI and resolve the issue without having to resort to additional apps.

Post subject: SeraphTC wrote: [Maybe -
PostPosted: 01 Dec 2011, 17:41 
Editors
Editors

[Maybe - until we get the SDK and the tools. It's entirely possible that will allow us to mod the UI and resolve the issue without having to resort to additional apps.

Good luck then waiting.

PostPosted: 01 Dec 2011, 18:02 

Hi HaYDeN :-)

First.Sorry for my bad English.I am from Germany.

Before Skyrim is patched i use your tool version 0.3.The game runs good and the map work without any problems.
After the the patch i use the tool version 0.7.Everything is ok but the Map is not working.The icons are only on the middle monitor or
on the left monitor when i use the hotkeys.I have the same problem with version 0.4a and 0.4b.I hope you can make a fix for this Problem.

Thanks for your great work HaYDeN.

Markus

Post subject: thales100 wrote:SeraphTC
PostPosted: 01 Dec 2011, 18:06 

[quote] [Maybe - until we get the SDK and the tools. It's entirely possible that will allow us to mod the UI and resolve the issue without having to resort to additional apps.

Good luck then waiting.

Well yeah thanks. I don't mind the waiting. I won't have half the reported issues purely because I have some patience. Does the game look better at 5760x1080? Yes. Does that mean it's bad at 1920x1080? No - of course not.

It does seem to me, reading here and on the Beth forums, that the majority of posters with the largest number of issues are running the 4GB patch and/or the widescreen fix. The problem with that is quite simply that Bethesda won't care. The response to that will be simple - you are using 3rd party apps to manipulate our program, so tough. It basically invalidates your genuine bug reports as soon as you say you are messing about with their game .exe.

I'm not saying I agree with it - I think it's exceedingly poor that they haven't included eyefinity/surround/x64/multithreading/multicore support in a game released in Q4 of 2011 - but the game at least *runs* without these features, and it won't help us get a fix out for the problems introduced into the base game with the patch - such as the dragons and damage resistance.

Please: If you are going to post a bug report make sure you've verified the bug on your system using the base game - no mods, no ini tweaks, no unsupported resolutions, clean game save. If you can't recreate the bug under those conditions then the chances are Bethesda will just put it down to your own tinkering and ignore it.

I would pretty much expect that the 4GB and Widescreen patches will break almost every time Bethesda release a patch - that's just the way it is. It's going to be a long time until the game gets it's final patch, and until then anything the community does will probably require a lot of maintaining, and it's no good complaining about it. Bethesda aren't ever going to patch their game so that our third party fixes continue to work. Why should they? It's their job to fix the bugs in their software, and it's our job to fix the bugs in ours. Simple as that.

I don't like the fact that Steam forces updates through even when you have them disabled, but that's a problem for Valve and Steam, not Bethesda.

So yeah....slightly off topic /end rant.

PostPosted: 01 Dec 2011, 18:31 

It's going to be a long time until the game gets it's final patch, and until then anything the community does will probably require a lot of maintaining, and it's no good complaining about it.

This. Because future patches will likely break Hayden's fix, I think it would be reasonable to move forward (Steam allowing) with Patch 1.1. While it may have a few bugs, nothing that is really game breaking. You still get the full game experience, and get to enjoy eyefinity. Even though it is not optimized (and crossfire is not supported), I can run 5760x1080 on a modest 6850 at fairly high detail w/ decent framerate. Honestly, its not impacting my enjoyment of the game that much.

At a later date when they release the API or final patch, it would then make sense to update tools, imo.

PostPosted: 01 Dec 2011, 19:27 

Thanks HaYden, you are the man! Not sure what you do for a living, but you should be working for a game software company especially Beth... I will try the 1.2 update with your .7 tonight. So far you havnt let me down.. again thanks.

P.S. if you do so happen to apply for a job with a software company.. I'm sure you'll get one hell of a reference from people here!

Post subject: Wierd..
PostPosted: 01 Dec 2011, 20:46 

]-[iya!

I've been reading in here for so long I feel I know some of you.

Great job HaYDeN, and the rest of you for helpin him.. Great stuff!

I lost track of who here posted on Bethesda Forums and asked us to help bump..

I fear we need to keep it up regular as it keeps rolling away outa sight, So many cranky gamers posting. (sigh)
I started another hoping to make the problem a little more visable. Anyway bump the original and/or bump mine maybe..
(Mine's a little angrier)

http://forums.bethsoft.com/index.php?/topic/1299901-no-eyefinity-yet-search-skyrim-12-broken-123-million-hits/

Post subject: on Guru3d..
PostPosted: 01 Dec 2011, 21:13 

Link on Guru3d..

Catalyst 11.11c + the low-down.

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=354962

Post subject: ChainMale wrote:Link on
PostPosted: 01 Dec 2011, 22:05 

Link on Guru3d..

Catalyst 11.11c + the low-down.

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=354962

Lol. Not sure if I believe at this point, but thanks for the link. Will try out later.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154 ... 302  Next