Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 11 Aug 2024, 11:42

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158 ... 302  Next
 Post subject: Hey Guys,Figured I would
PostPosted: 03 Dec 2011, 01:45 

Hey Guys,

Figured I would post my findings too.

I'm running a ATI 5870x2 configuration and I also updated to the new 11.11c drivers. It looks like I'm having the same issues as everyone else (squished map and loading screens, main menu starts on the right, etc.)

As soon as I disable crossfire everything works again. Very wierd....

I'm actually very dissapointed with ATI/AMD at the moment because this game has now been officially out for 3 weeks and they can't seem the get the proper driver support out to the consumers.

It first started with Rage, then Battlefield 3, and now with Skyrim.

It's very dissapointing to have to wait 3 weeks for a crossfire profile when it doesn't even work as smooth as running one card!! I thought the point of seperating crossfire profiles out from drivers was that they can release it sooner but it seems like everytime a new game comes out they can't fix crossfire without updating the entire driver through a "performance driver". I've owned 2 5870's since they were released and I think I've disabled one card in eyefinity about 90% of the time. If I had known this would happen I wouldn't have spent the extra $400 when I purchased my comp.

It's also dissapointing to know that Nvidia had proper driver support one day BEFORE the game was released.

I don't want to hate on the 5870's because I still think they are excellent cards but this driver support is making me go haywire.

I'm sorry If I'm ranting and this probably isn't the best place for it but I'm just furious that once again the solution is to disable the 2nd card.

Are there any suggestions as to what to purchase to enjoy either eyefinity or Nvidia surround and have a "smooth" framerate?

It would probably have to be one powerful ATI card to avoid microstutter or 2 Nvidia cards in SLI.

Is there any microstutter with 580x2?'s

Thanks,

kiax0001

PostPosted: 03 Dec 2011, 02:25 

I don't want to hate on the 5870's because I still think they are excellent cards but this driver support is making me go haywire.

This is EXACTLY how I feel. I have two 6850s, and with 11.11b, and 11.11c, I am only getting 30-40% utilization of both gpus in MSI afterburner.

What is maddening, is that some people report they are getting 99% scaling, able to run eyefinity, etc. But I am just running a plain vanilla 1.1 version of skyrim and cant get it to go above -20% scaling with two cards.

Furthermore, I'm not sure if AMD is lying about the drivers to make it seem like they responded in a reasonable time, or if they are incompetent and only got it working on a small subset of test configs. Is this par for the course with crossfire? I've been using it for less than a month and the other two games I played with it get 99% utilization (but they were 6 month old titles.)

Can the community offer any insight into why CF is not working with 11.11c? Is there anything I could be doing wrong? I am just running 1920x1080 for testing and would be happy to see any positive CF scaling at this standard resolution. I removed CAPS. Radeon Pro is not running. I checked the executable name (TESV.exe), to make sure the 4GB fix is not running. Used complete uninstall and driver sweeper between driver upgrades. WTF? Could there be a little known bios setting?

PostPosted: 03 Dec 2011, 02:38 

HayDens fix does not work with game update, was working great then Steam updatedfor game
and now will not work

Post subject: 2x HD5870 + Cat 11.11c
PostPosted: 03 Dec 2011, 02:53 

2x HD5870 + Cat 11.11c here... Eyefinity works flawless with CrossFire and Hayden's 0.7 fix.

Cat 11.11c
Game v1.2
Hayden v0.7
4GB Launcher v1.4 (Run with command parameters, as described above)

No more flickering smoke (As in Cat 11.11b), Menues work perfect, including Map etc.!

PostPosted: 03 Dec 2011, 03:22 
Insiders
Insiders

For those with supposidly messed up maps...

- Are you 100% sure you are not patching AFTER starting Skyrim?
- Not running some hybrid 1.1/1.2

I've only seen 3-4 people affected thus far unless the others have not posted? The only solution is to switch back to a A/B solution.

"A" solution relied on a particular byte pointer having a value of 3
"B" solution relied on a particular byte pointer having a value of 4

"A" Solution was more common. (estimating maybe 80%)

Currently, I read the byte pointer at start up and add 2, because its always 1 or 2 at the main menu, this results in 3 or 4 as a end result. - this is why if you patch it after Skyrim is already running it will mess this up, the directions do explicitly state to avoid this anyway.

Want to keep Flawless Widescreen alive? Donate Here

PostPosted: 03 Dec 2011, 03:45 
Administrators
Administrators

I start your patch and click Inject Patch before I run Skyrim and it works sweet on the map, in fact everywhere. Thanks once again.

PostPosted: 03 Dec 2011, 03:47 

For those with supposidly messed up maps...

- Are you 100% sure you are not patching AFTER starting Skyrim?
- Not running some hybrid 1.1/1.2

I've only seen 3-4 people affected thus far unless the others have not posted? The only solution is to switch back to a A/B solution.

"A" solution relied on a particular byte pointer having a value of 3
"B" solution relied on a particular byte pointer having a value of 4

"A" Solution was more common. (estimating maybe 80%)

Currently, I read the byte pointer at start up and add 2, because its always 1 or 2 at the main menu, this results in 3 or 4 as a end result. - this is why if you patch it after Skyrim is already running it will mess this up, the directions do explicitly state to avoid this anyway.

I'm having the map problem and I am on verified 1.2. Map is squished into the middle screen while everything else seems to be just fine. I am also injecting before launching skyrim via the 4gb patcher.

Main Box: 3x Dell U2311h 23" Monitors, Intel i7 2600K @4.3Ghz * ASUS P8Z68-V Pro * G.Skill 16Gb DDR3 1866 * ASUS HD6950 DCII 2gb Eyefinity 6 + Sapphire HD6950 2gb Dirt3 Edition [6970 Shader Unlocks, CrossFireX]

PostPosted: 03 Dec 2011, 04:21 

hey Hayden, I tried injecting before the game startup, and the map is messed up...however if i exit out of the game, inject a patch again, and re-open the game it works fine on the map, IDK if this is just a fluke or what. However my new issue that I'd like to report is the following: I'm running resolution 5040x1050 on 3 22" screens. While playing skyrim in a city,town, outside ECT.....ive noticed that the front(center) monitor shows the images perfect, however my left and right monitor shows images of building, ect as if they are being magnified through a magnifying glass, then when u turn and bring the right monitor image into the center, its FINE, except for the peripheral vision(left and right monitors!) its really kinda of annoying because it messes with ur view, and it makes things look like people on the left are 10x closer then they really are. Anybody have a solution for this? its rather annoying idk if Hayden has reported or seen this already. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks everyone!

Scott.

PostPosted: 03 Dec 2011, 05:14 

Hiya guys..

A quick note on what's going on with Ati Xfire.

Basicaly your not seeing what you expect.

Skyrin (currently) does not max out anything unless you force it. Saw a laptop with High settings, neither CPU or GPU were maxxed. He ran Skyrin in a window w/Ati scalling off, so part of desk' was showing Taskmanager and AMD system monitor.

What Ati does is adjust the speed/scaling(CF) to help with the "micro stuttering". So you see some differance in the 2(or more) GPU usages and 'not full' usage from Skyrim.

<-- If you notice my hardware I list a Samsung ux226 monitor, what it doesn't say is that it has a "USB port Monitor" mode. It adds a 4th monitor hangin off the USB. Great for utils' like Taskman, AMD system monitor, email, cheat sheets or whatever. The refresh is slow via USB but no matter. (it has DVI and vga too) (also of note it has a wee USB ROM with the software to run it) (and it could 'chain' 6 more!)

Basicaly I can 'peek' in realtime the usages.. Its cool I love that thing.

CPU never getts close to max' (AMD 965@3.8), GPU's mostly max' inside and rarly 'outside' in the wilds. (2x5870)

Further
11.11b mostly for 6xxx CF, minor 5xxx tweeks +2 - 7%
11.11c mostly for 5xxx CF, and other tweeks.

..ya, I admit I actualy read the release notes. (sigh)
I don't always remember them crrectly tho..

My Skyrim 1.1 running better with 11.11c and CF on. Much, much smother not a big FPS boost. (no other MODs 'cept Haydens, and the night sky upgrade texture) Still in Steam "Offline" mode, letting others do my beta testing.(smirk)

Post subject: tooldrmr2009 wrote:hey
PostPosted: 03 Dec 2011, 05:19 
Insiders
Insiders

hey Hayden, I tried injecting before the game startup, and the map is messed up...however if i exit out of the game, inject a patch again, and re-open the game it works fine on the map, IDK if this is just a fluke or what. However my new issue that I'd like to report is the following: I'm running resolution 5040x1050 on 3 22" screens. While playing skyrim in a city,town, outside ECT.....ive noticed that the front(center) monitor shows the images perfect, however my left and right monitor shows images of building, ect as if they are being magnified through a magnifying glass, then when u turn and bring the right monitor image into the center, its FINE, except for the peripheral vision(left and right monitors!) its really kinda of annoying because it messes with ur view, and it makes things look like people on the left are 10x closer then they really are. Anybody have a solution for this? its rather annoying idk if Hayden has reported or seen this already. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks everyone!

Scott.

That is how Eyefinity/Surround works - you are not ment to look directly at the secondary monitors, turn with your mouse, not your head, keep looking at the center monitor.

Want to keep Flawless Widescreen alive? Donate Here

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158 ... 302  Next