Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 24 Oct 2024, 23:46

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159 ... 302  Next
 Post subject: alright thanks, just
PostPosted: 03 Dec 2011, 05:24 

alright thanks, just wondering cause Crysis 2 and other games seem to be just fine like Flight Simulator using the Matrox Software. Does anyone think that Bethesda will eventually release multi monitor support like they did in Oblivion? CAuse with my Matrox TH2G and oblivion set at 5040x1050 everythings perfect, menus and all. Same with flight simulator or crysis 2 and all....Just hoping they would patch it eventually to allow that or maybe Matrox may allow something eventually?

PostPosted: 03 Dec 2011, 05:35 

try delete the files in the main skyrim folder, stuff like FXAA patches, d3d.dll, etc

let steam redownload all the main files.

my map fixed itself after doing that

PostPosted: 03 Dec 2011, 05:40 

Hey Hayden,

So based on what Falcon recommended I have tried the following:

1). Running 5870x2 (crossfire on)
2). Running clean version of v1.2 Skyrim (didn't change or modify any files from the patch the other day)
3). Running your 0.7 skyrim tool
4). Running clean Catalyst 11.11c (no errors during installation).
5). Injecting before launching Skyrim
6). Run skyrim either through steam directly or I have installed v1.4 4gb tool with the command parameters that were recommended

Results are mixed.

Sometimes your tool works flawlessly and other times the map is squished.
I realized that if I play around with the iShadowMaskQuarter setting in Skyrim preferences (change it to 3,4,5) it adjusts some of the menus in the game (It's currently set to 4).
I don't think there's anything wrong with your tool but do you think it has something to do with the byte pointer value not being set properly sometimes?

I'm just trying to help debug the issue to see what it could be.

kiax0001

PostPosted: 03 Dec 2011, 05:41 

Just wanted to chime back in to respond to HaYDeN to say I have the scrunched map / load screens and I start the injector before starting Skyrim. I used to use the old 0.4B version before to make it work.

Post subject: kiax0001 wrote:Hey
PostPosted: 03 Dec 2011, 06:00 
Insiders
Insiders

Hey Hayden,

So based on what Falcon recommended I have tried the following:

1). Running 5870x2 (crossfire on)
2). Running clean version of v1.2 Skyrim (didn't change or modify any files from the patch the other day)
3). Running your 0.7 skyrim tool
4). Running clean Catalyst 11.11c (no errors during installation).
5). Injecting before launching Skyrim
6). Run skyrim either through steam directly or I have installed v1.4 4gb tool with the command parameters that were recommended

Results are mixed.

Sometimes your tool works flawlessly and other times the map is squished.
I realized that if I play around with the iShadowMaskQuarter setting in Skyrim preferences (change it to 3,4,5) it adjusts some of the menus in the game (It's currently set to 4).
I don't think there's anything wrong with your tool but do you think it has something to do with the byte pointer value not being set properly sometimes?

I'm just trying to help debug the issue to see what it could be.

kiax0001
(link removed) <- Please try this one and see if its more consistent.

Want to keep Flawless Widescreen alive? Donate Here

Post subject: HaYDeN
PostPosted: 03 Dec 2011, 06:13 

(link removed)

I've only spent a few minutes testing this version but so far it's defnitely more consistent than the previous version. It's worked everytime so far for both running from steam directly as well as the 4gb tool.

The only thing that remains squished now is the loading screen but the important thing is the map is working properly now.

I'm assuming from the filename you delayed the read time before applying the byte pointer value adjustment?

Thanks for the quick response and update.

kiax0001

PostPosted: 03 Dec 2011, 06:25 
Insiders
Insiders

Yes - delayed the reading... however, with the loading screen that is reliant on having the patch injected extremely quickly, before the loading screen widths are calculated.... the delay is after this... I could attempt to reduce the delay between launching and patching, but patch too quickly and it will crash because the code isn't even in memory yet.

What sort of disk access do you have? SSD or mechanical?

PostPosted: 03 Dec 2011, 06:31 

Yes - delayed the reading... however, with the loading screen that is reliant on having the patch injected extremely quickly, before the loading screen widths are calculated.... the delay is after this... I could attempt to reduce the delay between launching and patching, but patch too quickly and it will crash because the code isn't even in memory yet.

What sort of disk access do you have? SSD or mechanical?

I have a mechanical. Don't know the exact RPMS but it's pretty quick.

Post subject: OK, try this one ->
PostPosted: 03 Dec 2011, 06:33 
Insiders
Insiders

OK, try this one -> (link removed)

Hopefully this will address you problems (any everyone elses... maybe)

Patches delayed a little bit (20ms), activation is still instant... byte pointer for map is read delayed by 1 second after patching.

Post subject: So I took the leap and
PostPosted: 03 Dec 2011, 06:34 
Insiders
Insiders

So I took the leap and updated my game to 1.2.

Running 4GB fix update 4, and HaYDeN's v0.7 UW patch. When I start the UW patch I change the World and Hands FOV both to 80, leave all other settings alone, launch game.

Game menu is on the right hand screen, Dragon emblem is on the center screen but the proper size. Continue game and Map is on all three screen but the Icons are all on the center screen and I have to mouse around on the right monitor to change location selection on the center monitor which is wierd.

So I exited game, I deselected "Auto-Detect Resolution" and put in 1972 ( 5916 / 3 ) bezel corrected. Launch the game. Now the menus are on the center screen, everything works correctly except the map which is again spanned across all three monitors but all the icons are on the center screen.

So I exit the game and remove 1972 from the GUI Width box and put in 1920. Launch the game. Everything works, menus are correct, Map is correct, lock picking is zoomed and well lit, scrolls/books both read/work fine AND the surprising thing is that bezel correction is still working.

Odd that I can have my resolution at 5916x1200 bezel corrected and run the offset at 1920 instead of 1972 and everything is where it should be but hey, it works, no complaints here :)

Now to fix the resistances.

Thank you, HaYDeN.

Gigabyte P67-UD7 rev. B3
OS -Samsung 840pro 256GB ssd
Games -Samsung 840pro 500GB ssd
Pagefile -crucial 60GB ssd
Storage -2x 4TB WD
PWS -Seasonic Prime 1k Titanium

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159 ... 302  Next