Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 24 Oct 2024, 23:41

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160 ... 302  Next
PostPosted: 03 Dec 2011, 06:41 

OK, try this one -> (link removed)

Hopefully this will address you problems (any everyone elses... maybe)

Patches delayed a little bit (20ms), activation is still instant... byte pointer for map is read delayed by 1 second after patching.

This is the best one yet! I'll keep testing and let you know if I notice different results.

So far it's very consistent and it fixed the loading screen in addition to the map :)

Thanks Hayden

Post subject: kiax0001 wrote:HaYDeN
PostPosted: 03 Dec 2011, 07:37 

[quote]OK, try this one -> (link removed)

Hopefully this will address you problems (any everyone elses... maybe)

Patches delayed a little bit (20ms), activation is still instant... byte pointer for map is read delayed by 1 second after patching.

This is the best one yet! I'll keep testing and let you know if I notice different results.

So far it's very consistent and it fixed the loading screen in addition to the map :)

Thanks Hayden

Yep works great

Cheers Hayden, here's a present for you bru :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdVHZwI8pcA

Post subject: No luck for me as far as
PostPosted: 03 Dec 2011, 07:56 

No luck for me as far as fixing issues. Both files you just posted had no effect for me. Here are some screens of what I'm seeing.

1. Main Menu (Note the menu is to the right side)
2. Load_Screen (Note the scrunch)
3. Map_Enabled (Going to map leaving the fix enabled)
4. Map_Disabled (Going to map after I disable the fix by pressing -)

As I said, it's minor and I've been working around the map by using disable but figured I'd post for debugging purposes :)

As far as what I'm running for hardware, my OS is on SSD and my game is on a 7200 SATA2 drive. Rest is on my profile here.

Attached files

PostPosted: 03 Dec 2011, 08:08 
Insiders
Insiders

No luck for me as far as fixing issues. Both files you just posted had no effect for me. Here are some screens of what I'm seeing.

As I said, it's minor and I've been working around the map by using disable but figured I'd post for debugging purposes :)

As far as what I'm running for hardware, my OS is on SSD and my game is on a 7200 SATA2 drive. Rest is on my profile here.

How difficult is it for you to try the game on the SSD?

I can't think of a reason why you'd experience this problem... need more cases of it...

If you experience the same result as Neovalen, then do indeed post.

Make sure firstly tho

A) Your running a legit steam copy
B) Your click "Inject" first before launching Skyrim
C) You have ensured your not running some half cast version, eg. 1.2 EXE and 1.1 GUI file - do a steam cache verification.

Want to keep Flawless Widescreen alive? Donate Here

PostPosted: 03 Dec 2011, 08:11 

Neovalen,

Couple of Quick checks:

1). What is the value of the iShadowMaskQuarter setting in your skyrim pref? If it's 5 change it to 3 or 4 and see if that helps.
2). Are you on version steam 1.2? If so verify the integrity of the game files and make sure your not using any modified files.
3). Are you using the new 11.11c drivers?

The original 0.7 version worked for alot of people (including me) originally before updating to 11.11c drivers to use crossfire. After updating to 11.11c the map was squished when crossfire was enabled. The new versions Hayden released should alleviate that issue now.

kiax0001

PostPosted: 03 Dec 2011, 08:21 
Insiders
Insiders

For the SkyrimUWv0.7_kiax0001 works like a charm. The ver 0.8 still does the map is still suffering from the same problems in my previous post. Thanks to HaYDeN for this!

Azza Fusion 4000 Liquid Cooled Full/Mini-ITX Tower - AMD Ryzen 1700x CPU - Tt Water 3.0 Ultimate CPU Cooler - ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Extreme - 2x EVGA GTX 980 in SLI - Geil 16GB - Klipsch 5.1 THX Speakers - Vertex 4 128GB SSD, Sandisk 256GB SSD, Samsung 512GB 850 PRO SSD, WD Black 320GB & Two times Toshiba 5TB (one for Games and the other for Storage) - Logitech G502 - Corsair K65 RGB - Logitech G13 - Win10 Pro 64bit - 2-over-1 Viewsonic VA2448M 24" (2x 1920x1080 Secondary) & Samsung CHG90 Series Curved 49" (3840x1080) - Ergotech Monitor Stand - Shout out to WSGF for the upgrade on my stand!

Post subject: HaYDeN wrote:Neovalen
PostPosted: 03 Dec 2011, 08:31 

[quote]No luck for me as far as fixing issues. Both files you just posted had no effect for me. Here are some screens of what I'm seeing.

How difficult is it for you to try the game on the SSD?

I can't think of a reason why you'd experience this problem... need more cases of it...

If you experience the same result as Neovalen, then do indeed post.

Make sure firstly tho

A) Your running a legit steam copy
B) Your click "Inject" first before launching Skyrim
C) You have ensured your not running some half cast version, eg. 1.2 EXE and 1.1 GUI file - do a steam cache verification.

Alright, I feel like a total dick for wasting your time HaYDeN :)

A) Yes, of course.
B) Yep, no problem.
C) Did a validation, nothing out of whack.
~Duh!) Remove ENB Series d3d9.dll and any FXAA Injectors/Enhanced Shaders. (Now all versions work 0.7 + both updated files + 0.8 )

If your feeling extra generous an ENB compatible version would be awesome, but honestly I'm fine doing the workaround(disable before map) and don't want to make you work more.
I'm sure 1.3 will be around the corner and we'll likely be back at square one anyways. Thanks for your awesome work HaYDeN.

Honestly surprised even with the ENB patches and such it runs almost flawless. Again, sorry for that, I forgot it was installed! (Let this be a lesson kids)

PostPosted: 03 Dec 2011, 08:41 
Insiders
Insiders

Okay I just removed my FXAA injector like Pittyh said to do a page back there, cause I was reading to catch up and the 0.8 works like a charm. I had not considered that being the problem so thanks for that Pittyh! I have gotten rid of it and wont use another, too much of a headache. for to little improvement.

Azza Fusion 4000 Liquid Cooled Full/Mini-ITX Tower - AMD Ryzen 1700x CPU - Tt Water 3.0 Ultimate CPU Cooler - ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Extreme - 2x EVGA GTX 980 in SLI - Geil 16GB - Klipsch 5.1 THX Speakers - Vertex 4 128GB SSD, Sandisk 256GB SSD, Samsung 512GB 850 PRO SSD, WD Black 320GB & Two times Toshiba 5TB (one for Games and the other for Storage) - Logitech G502 - Corsair K65 RGB - Logitech G13 - Win10 Pro 64bit - 2-over-1 Viewsonic VA2448M 24" (2x 1920x1080 Secondary) & Samsung CHG90 Series Curved 49" (3840x1080) - Ergotech Monitor Stand - Shout out to WSGF for the upgrade on my stand!

PostPosted: 03 Dec 2011, 12:41 
Insiders
Insiders

For you guys having the map issue, mine was also doing that and this is how I fixed it. Have you tried this?

Deselect "Auto Detect Resolution". Put in the number of the width of ONE of your monitors, NOT the bezel corrected size but the actual horizontal size of one monitor.

For example, I'm running 5916x1200 so bezel corrected one monitor would be 1972. But my monitors are 1920 each so I put 1920 in to GUI Width and everything works properly, this fixed the map for me.'

Using Auto Detect or 1972 with Auto Detect off didn't work.

Also, it did not affect my bezel correction. Bezel correction still works.

I tested on 2x570's, Skyrim no mods at all, so YMMV.

Gigabyte P67-UD7 rev. B3
OS -Samsung 840pro 256GB ssd
Games -Samsung 840pro 500GB ssd
Pagefile -crucial 60GB ssd
Storage -2x 4TB WD
PWS -Seasonic Prime 1k Titanium

PostPosted: 03 Dec 2011, 12:42 
Editors
Editors

Version 0.8 of HaYDeN's fix (v1.2 only) is available in game's Detailed Report, under Eyefinity / Surround Specific Solution. :twothumb

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160 ... 302  Next