Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 08 Jul 2024, 08:45

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 328 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 33  Next
 Post subject: single monitor fov
PostPosted: 17 Feb 2012, 16:20 

Great work Helifax. The fix worked but, as you said, it is not intended for single screens. Even at 50 fov I get fisheye. Is there any way to get no fisheye on a single screen with this tool? If not, is anyone aware of a single screen fov mod for Amalur?

PostPosted: 17 Feb 2012, 16:22 
Insiders
Insiders

Love your work boys...I gave both of you a little donation, it's not much - but it wont be the last one either :P Keep up the good work!

Update: Sorry Helifax you got a little less than Dopefish as I should have used the donation link in Dopefish's WS fix, I don't know how it works with conversion, but I sent you $20 Aus dollars...hopefully you get something :)

No problem, I am glad that it worked for you and we appreciate very much your support;))
Thank you again!

Best Regards,
Helifax

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at
3D Vision Surround Gallery

E-mail and Paypal (for people who wants it): tavyhome@gmail.com

PostPosted: 17 Feb 2012, 17:42 

Helifax,

Let me restate my question. Your new plugin does not have input for width and height. How do I get the game to expand by width to make use of my three monitors since the game's maximum resolution is 1920x1080?

I can use UltraMon for Rift and SoftTH for Assassin's Creed. For Skyrim I can change the ini settings. I currently do not have Eyeinfinity set up as my side monitors are only 1280x1024.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Post subject: Hello,I am unable to get
PostPosted: 17 Feb 2012, 17:51 

Hello,

I am unable to get the Quest log to work correctly, when using the Widescreen Fixer.

I am using widescreen fixer v3.1 r359, I have the Origin game version.
I use the 130 FOV and the WSF pick a game resolution of 5040 x 1050.

I have matched the WSF and the game to have the same resolution, but my desktop is set at 5760 x 1200.
I have enable the fix at the main menu and when a save game is load, still not able to view the quest log and see my quest's. Quest log just gives the red line.

Even if I use WSF r311, I still get the same quest log issue of a red line no quest info.

PostPosted: 17 Feb 2012, 17:55 
Insiders
Insiders

Helifax,

Let me restate my question. Your new plugin does not have input for width and height. How do I get the game to expand by width to make use of my three monitors since the game's maximum resolution is 1920x1080?

I can use UltraMon for Rift and SoftTH for Assassin's Creed. For Skyrim I can change the ini settings. I currently do not have Eyeinfinity set up as my side monitors are only 1280x1024.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

This is for Eyefinity/Surround...No single monitor support:( I have no idea how you can fool the game into thinking you are using 3X res. Sorry

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at

Post subject: dankaku wrote:Hello,I am
PostPosted: 17 Feb 2012, 17:56 
Insiders
Insiders

Hello,

I am unable to get the Quest log to work correctly, when using the Widescreen Fixer.

I have matched the WSF and the game to have the same resolution, but my desktop is set at 5760 x 1200.
I have enable the fix at the main menu and when a save game is load, still not able to view the quest log and see my quest's. Quest log just gives the red line.

Even if I use WSF r311, I still get the same quest log issue of a red line no quest info.

The Quest menu is not fixed..before posting please read the other pages...and you find find out why and what you need to do to make it work;))

Best regards

Post subject: helifax wrote:dankaku
PostPosted: 17 Feb 2012, 18:23 

[quote]Hello,

The Quest menu is not fixed..before posting please read the other pages...and you find find out why and what you need to do to make it work;))

Best regards
Sorry did not make it clear.

I have read the other post and you say we should use a resolution width of lower than 4096, but the new WSF will not allow you to enter any resolution settings.

The max in game resolutions I can set below the 4096 is 2400 x 600, which not worth it on 3 screens. Even if I change the .ini file to 4080 x1050, the game still gives me 2400 x 600.

So even following the information in other post's I cant see the quest log, was hoping that some one had another way of get the quest log to work with the new verison of WSF

PostPosted: 17 Feb 2012, 18:53 

Even though this program was not intended for single monitor users, I had great success using previous versions and entering a resolution of 5760 x 1080, and a FOV of 80-120. This gave me a perfect zoomed out distance from my toon, and very little distortion. In addition, there was no paper doll shrink, nor any other issues with the UI or cutscenes. I don't know much regarding why this worked so well, but it did.

With the latest version of the program and plugin, I can no longer enter any resolution, just FOV, and the game looks just as it did if I had entered my native resolution (1920x1080) into the program before, which adds the extra UI/cutscene distortion.

Please just bring back the ability for us to enter a custom resolution into the program. That's really all us silly single monitor users need :).

Post subject: dankaku wrote:helifax
PostPosted: 17 Feb 2012, 18:58 
Insiders
Insiders

[quote][quote]Hello,

Best regards
Sorry did not make it clear.

I have read the other post and you say we should use a resolution width of lower than 4096, but the new WSF will not allow you to enter any resolution settings.

The max in game resolutions I can set below the 4096 is 2400 x 600, which not worth it on 3 screens. Even if I change the .ini file to 4080 x1050, the game still gives me 2400 x 600.

So even following the information in other post's I cant see the quest log, was hoping that some one had another way of get the quest log to work with the new verison of WSF

The resolution is obviously for the game... Try to put 3950 x768 or any other resolution below 4000 in the actual game. If you dont like this switch back to one monitor... :D :D When it will be fixed everyone will know;))

One thing is weird: I am running at 4098 x768 and is the last resolution on which I get the quest log working So apparently the limit is not 4096.

Best Regard,
Helifax

EDIT 2: FOUND A WAY TO FIX THE QUEST LOG!

PostPosted: 17 Feb 2012, 19:17 

EDIT 2: FOUND A WAY TO FIX THE QUEST LOG!

HUZZAH!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 328 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 33  Next