Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 10 Sep 2024, 03:33

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198 ... 302  Next
 Post subject: ChainMale wrote:bas1L1s
PostPosted: 05 Jan 2012, 12:07 

[quote]Currently using SKYUI with Haydens Fix for Eyefinity..When selecting the Inventory everything is working fine..But when i buy from an NPC the old interface is shown with the pictures of the products being too big...IS there a solution to this or is this how it is supposed to be??any help would be appreciated..

..yuppers, suposed to be.

You read the dox to install it, why not to rest? That is all they have sone -so-far-. I love the "column sorting".

Cinnabuns;
I am still unsure if DS is using the Injection button.

Cinnabuns I also note you have my monitors. I love the "x12oo". And quite flabbergasted that they aren't more popular and commonly available. In general computers -like- a little more height than width. More realistate is always better. I feel I am going to bang my head on a "x1o8o" screen.
Last I looked Samsung and Asus dropped them but HP and Dell now have them. Realy weird. (someone else?)

Yes, I start up HayDen's program and click the Inject button. Then, I have a shortcut on the Desktop straight to the TESV.exe in the directory rather than to the Steam launcher. Is that what you were wanting to know?

~Windows 7 x64 Professional~MSI X58A-GD45~Intel I7-950~6x2 GB DDR3 1600 RAM (Triple Channel)~RealTek Onboard~XFX HD 6950 2 GB GDDR5~3 ViewSonic 24 inch LCDs in Eyefinity~SATA Dual Layer DVD RW~1000 W PSU~And a Whole Lot More!~Done with Vista~XP Pro on the way out, too!~AND....250 GB XBOX 360~

Post subject: Dyre Straits
PostPosted: 05 Jan 2012, 22:17 

[quote]
Cinnabuns;

Cinnabuns I also note you have my monitors. I love the "x12oo". And quite flabbergasted that they aren't more popular and commonly available. In general computers -like- a little more height than width. More realistate is always better. I feel I am going to bang my head on a "x1o8o" screen.
Last I looked Samsung and Asus dropped them but HP and Dell now have them. Realy weird. (someone else?)

Yes, I start up HayDen's program and click the Inject button. Then, I have a shortcut on the Desktop straight to the TESV.exe in the directory rather than to the Steam launcher. Is that what you were wanting to know?

Beautiful.. You are pay'n attention, great! I thought we might lose you. It realy wasn't clear.

I'm guessing but near the end I imagine HaYDeN will have a wee config/ini file for the options so we don't have to do the unique dance to run it.

PostPosted: 05 Jan 2012, 23:14 

Hey guys, can someone tell me what's going on here please?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/73672736@N04/6643427097/in/photostream/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/73672736@N04/6643433415/in/photostream

PostPosted: 06 Jan 2012, 00:19 

Hey guys, can someone tell me what's going on here please?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/73672736@N04/6643427097/in/photostream/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/73672736@N04/6643433415/in/photostream

Not enough info..

Runnin HaYDeN's fix? .91? Try toggling the enable/disable keys. Your custom key binds stepping on them?

Running other Mods' that mess with FOV?

Over extended gfx mods on 1gig card[s]?

Is your granma breathin heavy?

Anybody here know Mods' WE SHOULD NOT BE USING? (seems the 2 UI mods are ok)

Hrmmm.. I just recalled there was an nVida driver problem recently.. not sure, I have ATI.

Post subject: Sorry about the late
PostPosted: 08 Jan 2012, 16:40 

Sorry about the late reply.
Yeah I'm running HaYDeN's fix,
No other mods, i left FOV as what was set,
i Have 2 GTX 480's running in surround, usually work fine on other games e.g. Battlefield 3
Still haven't checked any nvidia sites, I'll get onto that.
Thanks anyway.

PostPosted: 08 Jan 2012, 21:55 
Insiders
Insiders

Sorry about the late reply.
Yeah I'm running HaYDeN's fix,
No other mods, i left FOV as what was set,
i Have 2 GTX 480's running in surround, usually work fine on other games e.g. Battlefield 3
Still haven't checked any nvidia sites, I'll get onto that.
Thanks anyway.

Latest Nvidia drivers? Latest HaYDeN's fix?
2x GTX570s here with no issues.

Gigabyte P67-UD7 rev. B3
OS -Samsung 840pro 256GB ssd
Games -Samsung 840pro 500GB ssd
Pagefile -crucial 60GB ssd
Storage -2x 4TB WD
PWS -Seasonic Prime 1k Titanium

PostPosted: 08 Jan 2012, 22:13 
Insiders
Insiders

[quote][quote]
Cinnabuns;

Beautiful.. You are pay'n attention, great! I thought we might lose you. It realy wasn't clear.

I'm guessing but near the end I imagine HaYDeN will have a wee config/ini file for the options so we don't have to do the unique dance to run it.

Couple replies within replies here. Heheh.

Yeah its a damn shame x1200 monitors have all but gone away. MUCH better for general computing AND gaming if you ask me. Hell, who are we kidding, what would be bad about a 2400x1800 (4:3) monitor???? Truth be told most 16:9 monitors have black bars on the top and bottom anyway so what the heck does "Widescreen" mean anyway. Some frivolous industry standard I would guess to extraneously "cap" or limit the amount of general bandwidth a company "has to" or "is required" to use in order to have an "industry standard over the wire HD channel broadcast". Less band width = less money and that's all they care about. Hell the majority of providers will put out 1366x720 and you have to push the zoom or aspect button on the remote just to size it to your screen.

Then the panel providers think, Why should we make 4 different panels, it would be cheaper to make 2 so monitors for computers have followed suit in the TV department and x720 or x1080 are pretty much the norm now-a-days. Its a travesty.

I got these back at the end of most of the mfg's stopping making them. Actually I WISH i'd gotten the 28" 1920x1200 monitors that Asus made just prior to these. I think they only made them for one year.

But yeah, I agree... x1200 FTW or x1600 if you're a triple 30" snob :P (I'm jealous) ...if only we had the GFX horsepower to run 3x 30" monitors natively...

On that other reply, I don't believe creating a shortcut to the direct TESV.exe does anything anymore. They circumvented that in the 1st patch I believe, when a lot of us were short-cutting straight to the .exe to get around steam. Some "piracy" issue was claimed by them.

Now it just launches the launcher anyway so you may as just well use the direct Steam menu link. It does the same thing now. Works fine here.

Gigabyte P67-UD7 rev. B3
Storage -2x 4TB WD

Post subject: ..oops
PostPosted: 09 Jan 2012, 14:10 

You scared me for a sec' there.

../width = less money and that's all they care about. Hell the majority of providers will put out 1366x720 and you have to push the zoom or aspect button on the remote just to size it to your screen.

I had to go check "1366x720". Typo? Its 1366x768.

I just put that res' into my Quake2 tweek, as well as the Landscape and Portrait Triplets. Actualy I put in all the modes from 720p to our 19'x12'.
Ah, something you might check for me(your nV'),, My ATI won't let me do 720p, just the 800p (1280x800 16:10) You got Quake2 still installed? Drop me yer email and I'll send you the exe if yer game.

Anybody else out there with 1280x1024 (L or P) thro' 1920x1200 Triple Portrait modes and Quake 2 and game for a quick test?

I am getting close to releasing it on WSG I think, just dunno how yet. But first want to fix the 'demos' wank of keeping the FOV in the recording.
(The other Q2's either broke the lights or the demos for out NightHunters MOD)

..getting back to that wanky 1366x768 res'. What the 'ells with that one? Godda stretch 720p or shrink 1080p! Nothin will run it right except the computer. They 'trim' 1080's that didn't work right?

Cinnabuns; on another note, I am still in "Steam Offline" mode with 400hrs+ and Level 68. I ain't takin any chances somethings gunna break. I haven't takin a side in the cival war yet nor gone very far in the main quest. Just gettin my nerve up to assasinate the emperor. :)

PostPosted: 09 Jan 2012, 22:21 
Insiders
Insiders

Yeah sorry for the typo, my brother bought a "720p" 37" TV and all I recall from him setting it up initially on his computer was that it was 1366 wide which I thought was wack.

I don't own Quake 2 so you're on your own on that one :P

I'm only lvl 54 I believe, 165ish hours in... never took a side in the civil war but instead negotiated a peace treaty between the two sides o_0 ... The main quest has dropped off the Active Quests so I don't know where exactly I stand on it however I still have a dragon nest map which I've done nothing with nor was told to do anything with other than there being 8 named dragons. There are more "nests" on the map than 8 though, and no further instructions have been given so its kind of a mystery.

Other than that I still have the quests under "Misc" to join either the Stormcloaks or the Imperials which is odd considering the peace treaty though it was mentioned by several characters that it "wouldn't last".

I've iced the main dragon and other than continually doing Dark Brotherhood or Thieves Guild missions (I am a full member after finding the Crown of Barenziah), there doesn't appear to be much left.

Guess its time to start on Arkham City...it is still fun running around Skyrim though on foot just exploring. Really some neat areas, streams, waterfalls, vistas, etc...

Gigabyte P67-UD7 rev. B3
Storage -2x 4TB WD

Post subject: Hi, I happened upon this
PostPosted: 19 Jan 2012, 20:08 

Hi, I happened upon this board just recently. Finally managed to get an eyefinity setup, and my first thoughts were to try Skyrim with it. I have the latest drivers for my card (hd 6870), the .91 fix, and Skyrim updated through Steam to 1.3. I'm running into an issue where the patcher will tell me it has successfully patched the game, but Skyrim immediately crashes to desktop without even fully loading (process starts, exits before it even goes full screen). I've checked the ini file, and it shows iSize W and H at 5040 and 1050 respectively. At this point I'm not really sure what else I should be checking.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198 ... 302  Next