Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 10 Sep 2024, 03:34

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200 ... 302  Next
 Post subject: Just gave the 1.4 Beta a
PostPosted: 24 Jan 2012, 01:14 

Just gave the 1.4 Beta a quick whirl: Its a significant FPS boost, more then Skyboost SSE41 revision and by a good 20%. Meanwhile you guys are going to love how they rigged the dragonreach view to get more out of it. If you do the essential top of the stairs->tree view point with the crosshairs on the tree you'll notice at least in triple screen that the whole right-half of the town gets unloaded, for single screen players they would never know...but we do :P Now of course just need the mighty HayDeN to once again bring his magical UI fixer up to work with this one and its gold.

Post subject: This concerns me
PostPosted: 24 Jan 2012, 06:04 

I heard rave reviews about 1.4 so far on other boards that are not concerned with surround gaming, but your comment about the town unloading concerns me. Is this saying it is not rendering your entire screen resolution? Is this something that might be a hard break that cannot be fixed with a memory tweak?

PostPosted: 24 Jan 2012, 06:45 

I heard rave reviews about 1.4 so far on other boards that are not concerned with surround gaming, but your comment about the town unloading concerns me. Is this saying it is not rendering your entire screen resolution? Is this something that might be a hard break that cannot be fixed with a memory tweak?

Usually what we see is this, the important part is the hall of the dead building and stuff around it:

Here's what happens when I adjust my point of view just a tiny bit further to the left:

It appears that Bethesda has acknowledged that this view has been considered one of the more challenging for the engine to render...so they've got some sort of trickery in play that tries to unload parts that wouldn't be seen by a single screen resolution...or they just did a poor job of things. Either way this is the only spot I've see this effect within and it does flip back instantly if you look more towards the building. Same thing happens if you're close to the pillar on the left vs everything that is usually drawn on that side but is considered obscured by it. I doubt people with single resolutions are ever going to see this, end result is they see higher FPS in this shot without seeing that the extra stems from having less of Whiterun being rendered that's in their point of view off screen.

This is definitely new in V1.4 and again this is the only spot I've seen such a thing happen so far. Either way the city comes back if you start to look in that direction and yah the FPS benefits are off the hook. Its a great patch no doubt, just kind of funny catching something like this and goes to show how they really aren't testing with or even really aware of triple screens anymore, which gives me a sad.

PostPosted: 24 Jan 2012, 11:13 
Editors
Editors

you'll notice at least in triple screen that the whole right-half of the town gets unloaded, for single screen players they would never know...but we do :P Now of course just need the mighty HayDeN to once again bring his magical UI fixer up to work with this one and its gold.

Loool, hope HaYDeN can do something about it, not sure if its possible. :Sp

PostPosted: 24 Jan 2012, 11:34 
Insiders
Insiders

Interesting clipping there:)) Can't the view distance be increased from the ini files or something? if not the other thing you can do is try to increase the fov a little....maybe you can fool it to actually show the rest:) Since this is a beta release might be different in the official release...

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at
3D Vision Surround Gallery

E-mail and Paypal (for people who wants it): tavyhome@gmail.com

Post subject: A bit of a problem..
PostPosted: 24 Jan 2012, 12:04 

A bit of a problem here guys/gals..

I am running version 1.3.10.0 ..eh? (Duh, it`s 1 o`clock and time for lunch.) (know that quote?)

Current fix is for 1.3.7 and folks are talking about 1.4/1.4a..

I am loeth(sp?) to switch/revert back as it took me almost 3 days to get it running from 1.1.

Come to think of it, I thought Steam was screwy reporting DL times. Seemed to be done, tried to run it it -crash/hang-. Twice, All I wanted to do was check on Supreme Commander2 ..but Steam screwd me on Skyrim. Updates were turned off. ..and nothing for SC2. ..grrRR.

Any clues guys or am I the first?

Sky UI note, original still working w/o the scriper/installer thingy it wants.

PostPosted: 24 Jan 2012, 14:04 

Interesting clipping there:)) Can't the view distance be increased from the ini files or something? if not the other thing you can do is try to increase the fov a little....maybe you can fool it to actually show the rest:) Since this is a beta release might be different in the official release...

Aye there's quite a few various distance editing values and I've got them all roofed into some 'beyond the control panel' levels of settings, nah fraid this particular effect is very deliberately trying to favourably skew people's FPS readings when doing the dragonreach->stair FPS comparison epeenin' :P

A bit of a problem here guys/gals..
I am running version 1.3.10.0 ..eh? (Duh, it`s 1 o`clock and time for lunch.) (know that quote?)
Current fix is for 1.3.7 and folks are talking about 1.4/1.4a..
I am loeth(sp?) to switch/revert back as it took me almost 3 days to get it running from 1.1.
Come to think of it, I thought Steam was screwy reporting DL times. Seemed to be done, tried to run it it -crash/hang-. Twice, All I wanted to do was check on Supreme Commander2 ..but Steam screwd me on Skyrim. Updates were turned off. ..and nothing for SC2. ..grrRR.
Any clues guys or am I the first?
Sky UI note, original still working w/o the scriper/installer thingy it wants.

To get at Skyrim 1.4 you need to opt into the 'beta' through the steam panel, in there View->Settings and you'll see something about Beta Participation in the first tab, add the Skyrim beta and then you'll be patched up to 1.4. But yah Hayden's tool is meant to work with the last patch from December so we'll need to wait patiently for his update for this one before triple screeners can genuinely give this version a try in ultra wide.

PostPosted: 24 Jan 2012, 17:27 

1.4 broke Hayden's hud fix, of course, too.

Hoping it's fixable.

Hayden?

Post subject: fix for new beta version
PostPosted: 25 Jan 2012, 20:28 

Hayden, I have my 5 dollars ready for the new fix! Hitting send the second you have it ready!

;-)

PostPosted: 25 Jan 2012, 21:38 

Ya know what?

I will, too. I got a lil dough right now, and your work is certainly deserving of it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200 ... 302  Next