Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 29 Jun 2024, 04:28

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 128 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13  Next
PostPosted: 30 Jun 2005, 15:14 

[quote]You're making money off this? :shock:

I would like to make a little, especially considering all the hours I put into moderating and coding on the site. (My wife would like for me to have something to show for it.)

Actually, I spend between $25-$75 on the site each month, to pay the server bills and buy games to hack or giveaway. If bandwidth usage keeps growing, due to more members, then that will go up to $50-$100 a month. I was hoping to recoup that through the donations and the merchant links and stuff (and maybe some t-shirts or mouse pads in the future), but as of now, no.

I have no delusions that I could ever quit my job or anything, but it would be nice to get a little pocket change to buy a few new toys now and then. :wink:

But, if I did make a little, would that be considered a bad thing?

heck no this is America!

go for it

Post subject: i agree...but
PostPosted: 03 Jul 2005, 01:58 

i really agree but maybe we ought to be hounding them to fix the basic stuff first, i.e it takes forever to get past the LOADING BF2 SERVER, then it tells you its full, then you get to pick another server and if it's not really full then you get to wait some more while you are verified then if you are really lucky you get to join the map before it's over.
I'm pretty sure this is not a problem with my system as i have broadband and a fairly fast system.

PostPosted: 03 Jul 2005, 04:43 

The whole gaming community is hounding them about fixing those issues...only we will be hounding them about widescreen support.

PostPosted: 04 Jul 2005, 17:49 

Message sent to Dice! Come on gamers! We need thousands of e-mails sent to Dice, not just a handful.

PostPosted: 04 Jul 2005, 18:30 
Editors
Editors

Please also post on the EA forum ...
My post there is getting a bit of stick ... some people are saying that wanting widescreen support is cheating ... :roll:
EA forum Site Admin ... UK_Sentience is watching the posts and passing the info on to DICE ... so tell em what you think ... of course politely ... :D
We don't want the "cheating" wingers to have the louder voice.

Here's the link again ... http://forum.eagames.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=1453&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

PostPosted: 05 Jul 2005, 01:20 

I was disgusted by the smart-assed and rude comments some people made in that thread on the EA site about this resolution problem.

PostPosted: 05 Jul 2005, 02:55 
Founder
Founder

Thanks to everyone for helping to keep the flame alive. And thanks for not being the flamers... 8)

PostPosted: 06 Jul 2005, 18:59 

I was disgusted by the smart-assed and rude comments some people made in that thread on the EA site about this resolution problem.

I hope DICE/EA can see past the morons posting "widescreen gives you an unfair advantage" flames, and seriously consider a real widescreen support fix in a future patch.

My confidence level is low that this will actually happen unless throngs of BF2 gamers flood DICE with requests.

PostPosted: 06 Jul 2005, 23:33 

That Scottc1988 guy on the EA forums is selfish. Because he doesnt own a widescreen and because he has to play the game in low settings, he wants the rest of the community to share his pain. I'm betting he would want widescreen support if he owned one.

For me it all is a matter of principle, all advanced engines support it, BF2 should too. I spend money on a next generation game, i should get next generation functionality. Heck, Microsoft and Sony want their next generation consoles to have these widescreen HDTV resolutions in their games standard and suddenly in pc-land it is taboo.

PostPosted: 08 Jul 2005, 05:22 

I also sent my letter into EA.I cant understand how a game like this cant come with widescreen built in. At least i can get it to run at 1600x1050 but I still dont think theres a way to change the FOV in B2.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 128 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13  Next