Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 26 Jun 2024, 10:28

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 200 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 20  Next
PostPosted: 30 Oct 2006, 04:48 

Maybe if you spelled words out fully and used proper grammar people could understand you a little better.

Zig, you have to realize that a lot of the people here are not American/English. English may not be their 1st language. Please try and keep that in mind when others are posting.

However, if Damien's first language is English, then all I can say is "yikes".

PostPosted: 30 Oct 2006, 18:34 

damn, artmoney is so annoying to keep using everytime i start the carbon demo, and not only that artmoney crashes the game 5/10 times upon startup
:(

we are 1 day away from release (well 1.8 days) ANYHOW, I would be so grateful if some kind soul would make a tool similar to the one made for most wanted where you choose the version of your game and then click launch!

i have visited these forums for a long time now but just decided to register now, well mainly because of carbon coming out, but also because you guys always find a way to get games wide screen when EA *ahem* i mean developers, get a little lazy with wide screen support. so I know you can do it this time! carbon is awesome i need more!!!! so im going to go play right now.

PostPosted: 01 Nov 2006, 13:26 

Bad news :D
I realized that dll hack is not working :(
I mean ok, the monitor runs in 1440*900 while gaming and I can take 1440*900 screenshots, but I checked with fraps, and the fps is the same! It should be less, am I right?
So it only stretches 1024*768, btw I don't understand how.

PostPosted: 01 Nov 2006, 19:20 

The full game does not support widescreen, nore does it go above 1280x1024.

Post subject: Full game widescreen?
PostPosted: 01 Nov 2006, 21:01 

I have the full game and looking for widescreen script, code, crack, hex.

I load it up and most of my screen flashes. It kinda looks like the game is running in 800x600 and the rest is flashing on my 1680x1050 desired resolution.

If anyone figures it out, lemme know...

PostPosted: 02 Nov 2006, 03:37 

I got this info on another forum. It works ok for me.

"Do this to fix Carbon for widescreen...

http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/wiki/index.php?title=Downloads

1.Download the program called Universal Widescreen (UniWS) Patcher
2. Go into your Need for Speed Carbon directory and name the exe file speed2.exe
3. Open up the program you just downloaded and select Need for Speed Underground 2 from its game menu
4. Enter the resolution you want in the program
5. Locate the directory for Carbon in the program and click "Patch"
6. Launch Carbon and select the 640x480 resolution
7. Finished!

Notice: Make sure to backup the original Carbon exe for updating your game later with official patches!

Enjoy!"

PostPosted: 02 Nov 2006, 03:44 

btw this works in the full game, not sure about the demo. :)

PostPosted: 02 Nov 2006, 03:49 

OH ME GOSH IT WORKS I FUCKING LOVE YOU!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

PostPosted: 02 Nov 2006, 05:30 

:( :( :(

I did everything mentioned but the program (universal resolution changer) won't let me set my own custom resolution..I just can't click the boxes - I do and nothing happens - it just won't allow me to type - it's like an image, not a data box. Someone PLEASE help me as I really want to play this in WS :

Thanks.
Kyle

PostPosted: 02 Nov 2006, 05:33 

ok first u go start > run, locate your NFSC demo folder, rename the file nfsc_demo (or somthin like that) to speed2, then start the resolution changer, select underground 2 from the drop down list, then locate the main NFSC directory from the file explorer bit in the res changer, then you will see where u can change your res, enter whatever your res is, then click patch, and there you are, and when u start carbon make sure to set the res to 640x480 and it should work, well GL.. im not the best at explaining but o well, i hope all works out :wink:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 200 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 20  Next