Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 05 Jul 2024, 17:16

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 435 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 44  Next
PostPosted: 10 Oct 2005, 09:07 

What current monitors support HD for Vista?

PostPosted: 10 Oct 2005, 13:29 

Please...how much extra money and resources do you really think it takes to enable widescreen in a game? ;)

No I'm sorry, there is no excuse for BF2 to not have native widescreen support. It's pure laziness by the developers.

Remeber widescreen gaming is fairly new in the mainstream public, there still is very little widscreen monitors out there so why would a company spend the resources and money on developing a widescreen game if 95% of the public would have no clue on how to use it. Just my $0.02

PostPosted: 10 Oct 2005, 13:46 

Please...how much extra money and resources do you really think it takes to enable widescreen in a game? ;)

No I'm sorry, there is no excuse for BF2 to not have native widescreen support. It's pure laziness by the developers.

[quote]Remeber widescreen gaming is fairly new in the mainstream public, there still is very little widscreen monitors out there so why would a company spend the resources and money on developing a widescreen game if 95% of the public would have no clue on how to use it. Just my $0.02

Its not lazyness is to stop competitive advantage with bigger viewpoint. There is a fov command but is disabled. I dont agree but what can you do.

Off the top of my head GTA:SA Psychonauts and CoD2 all have native support its just having a menu option thats missing that tweaks the FOV. I would like to see the option available atleast for unranked servers

PostPosted: 10 Oct 2005, 13:51 

there seems to be a few lurking around from looking at a "HDCP ready TFT" google. I say some info on a 2005fpw killer which had HDCP and 8ms response cant remember where I saw it tho

PostPosted: 10 Oct 2005, 17:05 

With the release of the X360 looming around the corner there will be a huge increase in widescreen gaming because of the development for the X360 and with HDTV to become standard wthin the next 3 years.

I think the FCC bumped the "final deadline" to 2009.....At least now when i go to the electronic stores i see almost all widescreen.

PostPosted: 10 Oct 2005, 17:09 

I think you will just have to have a monitor that supports HDCP....this is fairly new news that i have read so we might not be out of luck. They might implement something to work around this problem?

Everyone NEEDS to go to the EA website and register so you can post in the forum that was listed a few pages back. We have to let EA know what we want!

PostPosted: 11 Oct 2005, 10:30 

[quote]What current monitors support HD for Vista?

there seems to be a few lurking around from looking at a "HDCP ready TFT" google. I say some info on a 2005fpw killer which had HDCP and 8ms response cant remember where I saw it tho

StrongMad, I believe this is the forum link you saw about that 2005fpw killer monitor: http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=960883 It's a Gateway and it looks NICE! I'm seriously thinking of buying it.

PostPosted: 11 Oct 2005, 17:17 

specs sound good, better sale price would be nice since i got my 2005 for $350. Id wait for a review from anandtech or tomshardware to see the "true" response time measurements, not the manufacturers marketing terms.

Back to the BF2 discussion :-)

PostPosted: 13 Oct 2005, 16:48 

I got the impression from an earlier post that EA recognizes that WS users make up a very large part of their audience. I submit that all of us wde screen users boycott the expansion pack for Battlefield 2 until our needs are seen to. That might get their attention, don't you think? ;)

PostPosted: 13 Oct 2005, 16:53 

If they dont support WS in the expansion pack that would be insane!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 435 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 44  Next