Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 17 Jun 2024, 01:18

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: 15 Jul 2011, 06:46 

HaYDeN: I don't know if you will see this post or care lol, but would Freelancer be a possibility? Loved that oldschool style space shooter. And I know there is a solution out, but I only liked playing on 3rd person view, and the current solution forces you to play 1st person.

Jason's Freelancer Patch includes a widescreen fix that is much better than the .ini fix:

http://adoxa.110mb.com/freelancer/index.html

Post subject: 1st choice Mass Effect 2
PostPosted: 15 Jul 2011, 15:55 

1st choice Mass Effect 2 because i just purchased it & didnt realised it needed one...
2nd choice would be Indian Jones & The Emperors Tomb
3rd Lord Of The Rings - Return Of The King

PostPosted: 15 Jul 2011, 22:36 

My vote is an eyefinity fix for mass effect 1 & 2. I actually have not played either of these yet because I'm waiting for an eyefinity experience. (My brother told me these games are AMAZING).

My 2nd vote is for an online (non-bannable) eyefinity center HUD fix for L4D 1 & 2, apparently there used to be a fix for this but Valve changed something in a patch that made it only work on unofficial servers.

My 3rd vote is for eyefinity fix on Assassins Creed 1, I just picked this up on the steam sale the other day.

My 4th vote is a center hud fix for the single player on crysis 1

My 5th vote is for BF 1942 eyefinity fix

My 6th longshot vote is for someone to figure out how to get dialog prompts in knights of the old republic working. (It displays perfectly across 3 displays, but all of the dialog prompts are not visible which makes the game unplayable in this setting).

My 7th vote (after thinking about it) is an eyefinity fix for the newest steam release of Worms:Reloaded.

PostPosted: 16 Jul 2011, 02:12 

Another vote to Mass Effect 1/2

And Oni (i can dream)

I installed the demo for this but couldn't get it to run. In my search for a fix (which never turned up), I ran into a custom DLL that claims to add some sort of widescreen support. Have you tried it out?

http://wiki.oni2.net/Daodan_DLL

Post subject: Most Wanted Fix...
PostPosted: 16 Jul 2011, 02:45 

Hey fellow forum members!

First post for me - Mass Effect series has to be the First choice for me! 8)

Any games I've needed NVidia Surround support for I have found here - however Wolfenstein with the Widescreen Fixer doesn't work for me but that's for another post...

Awesome website by the way! Luv it...

Hope to be helpful also to you all over time.

C Ya's (Gotta go to bed)

Post subject: I loaded up Flawless
PostPosted: 16 Jul 2011, 02:46 
Editors
Editors

I loaded up Flawless Widescreen for Borderlands, and noticed the Mass Effect fix was in there! It's very buggy, and it's not really playable, but it shows progress! Thanks!

PostPosted: 16 Jul 2011, 03:26 

I loaded up Flawless Widescreen for Borderlands, and noticed the Mass Effect fix was in there! It's very buggy, and it's not really playable, but it shows progress! Thanks!

Steam or retail? I'm trying Steam version and it isn't working...Granted I could be being stupid, haven't used that tool before.

Post subject: Skripka wrote:thelolotov
PostPosted: 16 Jul 2011, 03:59 
Editors
Editors

[quote]I loaded up Flawless Widescreen for Borderlands, and noticed the Mass Effect fix was in there! It's very buggy, and it's not really playable, but it shows progress! Thanks!

Steam or retail? I'm trying Steam version and it isn't working...Granted I could be being stupid, haven't used that tool before.

Steam version, don't forget to go into the configuration and set a hotkey, and use it.

Don't get too excited, seems like the hack has trouble keeping the new FoV in place, and the dialog wheel/menus etc. are still Vert-, give the man some time.

PostPosted: 16 Jul 2011, 04:24 

Don't get too excited, seems like the hack has trouble keeping the new FoV in place, and the dialog wheel/menus etc. are still Vert-, give the man some time.

Did you manually specify the Eyefinity X-axis resolution in the Engine.ini? I'm wondering because I can get the FOV altered in game, if I keep the resolution 1680x1050...but all I get is the startup vids at Eyefinity, and the menu is still wonky like BioWare left it.

No probs, I'm just excited after waiting years for someone to finally fix BioWare's screwup. :onethumb

Post subject: Skripka wrote:thelolotov
PostPosted: 16 Jul 2011, 04:59 
Editors
Editors

[quote]

Did you manually specify the Eyefinity X-axis resolution in the Engine.ini? I'm wondering because I can get the FOV altered in game, if I keep the resolution 1680x1050...but all I get is the startup vids at Eyefinity, and the menu is still wonky like BioWare left it.

No probs, I'm just excited after waiting years for someone to finally fix BioWare's screwup. :onethumb

No, no matter what I tried, the menus were still vert-.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next