Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 07 Jul 2024, 00:59

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 12  Next
PostPosted: 01 May 2012, 18:42 

I tried the solution posted by Helifax and wanted to let the group know that 5x1 Eyefinity (5400x1920) does not work. I get a "your graphics card does not meet the minimum requirements" error at launch and cannot get into the game to do step one for Portrait (regular or flipped) orientations, even single monitor 1080 x 1920.

The game runs fine if I switch to single monitor landscape 1920x1080 and tilt my head.

I am running two 6870 cards, one is the PowerColor Eyefinity 6, 12.4 drivers. Tried with and without Crossfire enabled. Tried to run in "-windowed" in the launch options.

5x1 Portrait is problematic for many games though, even gold-rated ones ... so might try 3x1 Portrait later but I have a feeling that will be an issue too since I cannot do the "Important" step one.

PostPosted: 01 May 2012, 23:51 
Insiders
Insiders

Hi - I released the plugin from which screenshots were taken some posts back, I've changed the UI back to not -unstretching because it breaks the chat dialogs however everything else is fixed, FOV, cutscene FOV's etc, unlocked all resolutions in the options menu

Likely has a better chance of working at crazy high 5-1 layouts, HUD will likely be entirely messed up tho!

http://www.flawlesswidescreen.org/

Want to keep Flawless Widescreen alive? Donate Here

Post subject: Bam!
PostPosted: 02 May 2012, 18:49 

Your application runs Risen 2 perfectly at 5400x1920. I tried it yesterday after the initial install and had no luck, but it worked today after the updates applied. I also rebooted in between so it could have been that.

Either way, nicely done. I made a small donation.

Nice job on the UI too. Quite pleasing to the eye.

Thanks.

PostPosted: 02 May 2012, 21:31 

Hi HaYDeN

This doesnt seem to work for me, ive got the steam release but using a russian key so have to luanch the game from the desktop its still using the offical exe file.

is the reason its not working is that its looking for steam starting up prior to the fix working?

Ive tried Helifax fix but the cutscenes are all -vert

PostPosted: 02 May 2012, 22:21 
Insiders
Insiders

You must launch it with it running prior and enabled.

Instead of auto detect, you could try manually selecting the version, let me know how you get on.

Post subject: Hi HaYDeNTried that and
PostPosted: 02 May 2012, 23:15 

Hi HaYDeN

Tried that and tried manually selecting the steam version and still didnt work.

Post subject: I made one change, right
PostPosted: 02 May 2012, 23:34 
Insiders
Insiders

I made one change, right click The Risen 2 and click re-install.

So long as these parameters match - Widescreen Fixer is less specific on its process search (EXE name only) but in Flawless Widescreen all these must match to qualify as a match.

if HackTool:FindProcess("RISEN","Risen2.exe","Engine") == true then

eg. Window name is "RISEN", executable name is risen2.exe, and the win32 class name is "Engine"

If it still fails to work - not sure, something is clearly slightly different with that executable.

is the version "1.0.1168.0" when you right click it and go properties?

Post subject: HaYDeN wrote:I made one
PostPosted: 03 May 2012, 00:10 
Insiders
Insiders

I made one change, right click The Risen 2 and click re-install.

So long as these parameters match - Widescreen Fixer is less specific on its process search (EXE name only) but in Flawless Widescreen all these must match to qualify as a match.

if HackTool:FindProcess("RISEN","Risen2.exe","Engine") == true then

eg. Window name is "RISEN", executable name is risen2.exe, and the win32 class name is "Engine"

If it still fails to work - not sure, something is clearly slightly different with that executable.

is the version "1.0.1168.0" when you right click it and go properties?

Hmm interesting:) Why would you want to make it even more specific to detect than the executable's name? If the exe if a different version as a number or "release" the fix will not work. It will simply crash the game...Although in some cases it will work...depending on the shift in the memory map. Is this the reason? or am I missing something? :-s

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at
3D Vision Surround Gallery

E-mail and Paypal (for people who wants it): tavyhome@gmail.com

PostPosted: 03 May 2012, 01:27 
Insiders
Insiders

Your assumption is that it will crash, your modifying executing code - potentially anything could happen as a result of overwriting data in the wrong process or overwriting the wrong location in a known process.

Additionally, typically a game/or process will not generate a valid HWND and associated registered window class until the executable has fully loaded and initiated - this ensures you don't inject whilst a executable is still loading into memory, in a completely unknown and volitile state.

Thirdly it confirms with reasonable certinanty that the process you are attaching to is the process you intended to attach to.

Its kind of like looking for a car in a carpark when all you know is that its red instead of its registration plate.

PostPosted: 03 May 2012, 07:34 

the fix works, though the mini map/compass is stretched. thanks.
however, 3d is all messed up~ @1920x1080, the game runs very decently with 3D vision. guess currently have to choose between single screen 3d or 2d surround~~"

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 12  Next