Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 26 Jun 2024, 11:03

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 298, 299, 300, 301, 302  Next
PostPosted: 30 Nov 2013, 18:53 

I'm playing Skyrim on 6048x1200 right now and I must say that with the Widescreen fixer it's nearly perfect. The only thing that's a bit annoying is whenever I go read a book or view the map, the HUD will transfer to the left screen. But to fix it I just click "Tab" or open & close the inventory quickly, and it jumps back to normal.

Here's 5 pics I took while playing. http://imgur.com/a/Ldx67#0
I've modded it much more since these were taken, so now it's got totally realistic graphics :D

PostPosted: 03 Dec 2013, 12:34 

Hi all,

I have my own fair share of the hud and menus issue, but I see a lot of people who have struggled with it to no avail. I've done all I could to get this fixed, so this is my last shot at making it work.

I have recently purchased a Philips 298X4 monitor, 21:9 aspect ratio, 2560x1080 native resolution, with an ATI HD 6970 card. I have the Skyrim Legendary edition, but I also own the standard edition too, so I could try a fresh install to a previous version, but I'd lose the latest patches.

I have tried both Flawless Widescreen and the Widescreen Fix, with and without skyrimpref.ini editing. FW didn't work at all for me, except for ruining all my mods setup. Widescreen does seem to work well for the ingame resolution, but menus and HUD are all messed up. It seems they think my resolution is twice the size it is, as the compass and the dialog options that usually are are the top-middle and top center of the screens are now placed on my far left edge and only displayed in half. I can't access inventory, game menus, can't even exit the game without manually crashing it.

Now, if I go to skyrimprefs.ini and change the values, it tells me my display doesn't support 2560x1080 and asks me to change it, when previously I was able to edit the ini and run the game... weird. Anyway, Widescreen fixer does apply the resolution to the game, but not to menus and UI.

Any advice at this point would be incredibly appreciated, as I've exhausted all forums, discussion boards and faqs I could find...

thx

PostPosted: 04 Dec 2013, 02:47 

I've been having hell getting this to work also...but I finally did! I have a 6970 also with 3 1920x1200 display's, the only time I can get this to work is through steam I select Verify Integrity of Game Cache...it invariably finds a file that's bad, it re-downloads the file and Skyrim works great on all three screens..just like it's supposed to. BUT...I must do this Every. Single. Time. I run the game.

PostPosted: 04 Dec 2013, 19:10 
Insiders
Insiders

steff wrote:
Hi all,

I have my own fair share of the hud and menus issue, but I see a lot of people who have struggled with it to no avail. I've done all I could to get this fixed, so this is my last shot at making it work.

I have recently purchased a Philips 298X4 monitor, 21:9 aspect ratio, 2560x1080 native resolution, with an ATI HD 6970 card. I have the Skyrim Legendary edition, but I also own the standard edition too, so I could try a fresh install to a previous version, but I'd lose the latest patches.

I have tried both Flawless Widescreen and the Widescreen Fix, with and without skyrimpref.ini editing. FW didn't work at all for me, except for ruining all my mods setup. Widescreen does seem to work well for the ingame resolution, but menus and HUD are all messed up. It seems they think my resolution is twice the size it is, as the compass and the dialog options that usually are are the top-middle and top center of the screens are now placed on my far left edge and only displayed in half. I can't access inventory, game menus, can't even exit the game without manually crashing it.

Now, if I go to skyrimprefs.ini and change the values, it tells me my display doesn't support 2560x1080 and asks me to change it, when previously I was able to edit the ini and run the game... weird. Anyway, Widescreen fixer does apply the resolution to the game, but not to menus and UI.

Any advice at this point would be incredibly appreciated, as I've exhausted all forums, discussion boards and faqs I could find...

thx

HMM this sounds like a driver issue... I have no idea what to say except try an older driver version and see if it works?
I am on Nvidia and don't have an AMD card to give more info on what drivers I would recommend... but for me on nVidia I am still stuck on the 331.40 betas (or 327.23) since these are the only ones that either don't crash the driver kernel, support triple buffering and 3D vision properly.. From what I gather both AMD and nVidia are PURE crap atm with their drivers...so I would try an older driver version...

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at
3D Vision Surround Gallery

E-mail and Paypal (for people who wants it): tavyhome@gmail.com

PostPosted: 04 Dec 2013, 19:11 
Insiders
Insiders

EdSurly wrote:
I've been having hell getting this to work also...but I finally did! I have a 6970 also with 3 1920x1200 display's, the only time I can get this to work is through steam I select Verify Integrity of Game Cache...it invariably finds a file that's bad, it re-downloads the file and Skyrim works great on all three screens..just like it's supposed to. BUT...I must do this Every. Single. Time. I run the game.

That...I never heard or encountered before...I don't say is not true or anything...I am just thinking what you could do...
Have you tried to put both Skyrim.ini and SkyrimPrefs.ini as readonly and see if it helps?

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at

PostPosted: 06 Dec 2013, 09:33 

I recently upgraded to eyefinity and had a heck of a time trying to get it to work with Skyrim. I gave up tweaking, deleted the game and re-installed it. This worked like a charm :onethumb:

PostPosted: 08 Dec 2013, 18:32 

helifax wrote:
That...I never heard or encountered before...I don't say is not true or anything...I am just thinking what you could do...
Have you tried to put both Skyrim.ini and SkyrimPrefs.ini as readonly and see if it helps?

No I have not, but I will give that a shot.

PostPosted: 09 Dec 2013, 21:07 

helifax wrote:
Piggy wrote:
Using flawless widescreen everything is fine except for lockpicking.

The graphic/lock pick screen is so large it makes picking locks nearly impossible.

Anyone have suggestion to scale this back?

Impossible? I played the game more than 400h so far... I have maxed lock picking twice..
Define how IS IT impossible to use it? since I fail to really understand WHAT game functionality is not working....

Sorry if it wasnt clear, let me try to explain...

When the lockpick screen comes up its much larger than when using one monitor. The "circle" of the lock clips the top of the screen, the animation/action of rotating the pick at the 10 and 2 oclock position (approx) seems to be highly sensitive so that finding the sweet spot becomes very difficult.

I assumed this was doe to a scaling issue, I do not recall this being the case when only playing with one screen?

Anyway, I have a bigger issue now....

Since updating Nvidia drivers last week FWS no longer works, despite all attemps at changing settings etc the game continues to load up with one screen and Im not even able to select my native res (for even one monitor) in the skyrim graphics settings. :cry:

PostPosted: 02 Jan 2014, 20:16 

Helifax the God... Anyone... Please help. Ive posted on this before but it seemed as if there was no solution in sight. Im running the regular Skyrim version 1.9.32.0.8. I have 3 monitors each 1920x1080. I have Eyefinity as well. My video card is an AMD Radeon HD 6700. I have SKSE. I have Widescreen Fixer. Ive changed the Skyrim.ini file to 5760x1080.

Nothing is working and Im convinced its just me not having the combination of settings in order. First let me start off by saying thanks because I know you guys DONT have to help anyone out or make these programs to help us. Okay here we go.

Do I have to have Eyefinity enabled before I start Skyrim? Do I have to have my main display set as the middle monitor so it extends out to the sides? As of right now all I see when I start Skyrim is the regular game just duplicated on three screens. Then when I downloaded Widescreen fixer it was the same thing but then it just expands (probably the way its supposed to but Its duplicated so it just looks squished). I dont know what Im doing wrong. Ill re-install if I have to. I dont care I just want to shoot people on a REALLY big screen. Thanks for reading my wall of text.

PostPosted: 02 Jan 2014, 23:59 
Insiders
Insiders

Lionized wrote:
Helifax the God... Anyone... Please help. Ive posted on this before but it seemed as if there was no solution in sight. Im running the regular Skyrim version 1.9.32.0.8. I have 3 monitors each 1920x1080. I have Eyefinity as well. My video card is an AMD Radeon HD 6700. I have SKSE. I have Widescreen Fixer. Ive changed the Skyrim.ini file to 5760x1080.

Nothing is working and Im convinced its just me not having the combination of settings in order. First let me start off by saying thanks because I know you guys DONT have to help anyone out or make these programs to help us. Okay here we go.

Do I have to have Eyefinity enabled before I start Skyrim? Do I have to have my main display set as the middle monitor so it extends out to the sides? As of right now all I see when I start Skyrim is the regular game just duplicated on three screens. Then when I downloaded Widescreen fixer it was the same thing but then it just expands (probably the way its supposed to but Its duplicated so it just looks squished). I dont know what Im doing wrong. Ill re-install if I have to. I dont care I just want to shoot people on a REALLY big screen. Thanks for reading my wall of text.

Hey there:)) I do not have Eyefinity, I am on Surround and I cannot get the game to be duplicated on all 3 screens. That I know is an Eyefinity thing.
Read the 1st page on this thread and there people with eyefinity managed to make it span. I imagine you need to enable Eyefinity BEFORE starting the game and have the 3x resolution in skyrimprefs.ini then WSF would fix all the issues with incorrect rendering;))

Sorry that I cannot provide more info as am I am not familiar with how eyefinity drivers are working:(

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 298, 299, 300, 301, 302  Next