Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 05 Jul 2024, 11:23

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 328 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 33  Next
 Post subject: helifax, when you get a
PostPosted: 06 Feb 2012, 16:39 

helifax, when you get a chance to look into this, any chance you might be able to take a look at the quest log in the menu too? It's the only menu screen that didn't seem to work for me. I appreciate that it might be a bit more complicated than the main graphics engine though :)

PostPosted: 06 Feb 2012, 17:11 
Insiders
Insiders

helifax, when you get a chance to look into this, any chance you might be able to take a look at the quest log in the menu too? It's the only menu screen that didn't seem to work for me. I appreciate that it might be a bit more complicated than the main graphics engine though :)

What do you mean not working? I don't have the game yet.. in Europe will arrive on 09.02.12 so still a couple of days till then.. Atm I am not sure if I want to spend 50 euros on it...
Without having the game is pretty hard to fix it.. Probably I will make a fix on a modified exe file:)

Bust I need to obtain a copy 1st:)

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at
3D Vision Surround Gallery

E-mail and Paypal (for people who wants it): tavyhome@gmail.com

PostPosted: 06 Feb 2012, 17:30 

When I used your fix, the quest log menu screen wouldn't show anything, just a black background and some of the UI art but none of the text or options. Did anybody else see this? It was the only in-game menu screen that had issues for me.

No worries about taking your time with this one, I appreciate you can't really do much without a copy of the game :)

Post subject: helifax wrote:evilmatt
PostPosted: 06 Feb 2012, 18:17 
Insiders
Insiders

[quote]helifax, when you get a chance to look into this, any chance you might be able to take a look at the quest log in the menu too? It's the only menu screen that didn't seem to work for me. I appreciate that it might be a bit more complicated than the main graphics engine though :)

What do you mean not working? I don't have the game yet.. in Europe will arrive on 09.02.12 so still a couple of days till then.. Atm I am not sure if I want to spend 50 euros on it...
Without having the game is pretty hard to fix it.. Probably I will make a fix on a modified exe file:)

All good mate, I've bought the game on Steam, but I've also acquired an extended 'demo' version...mainly in a hope to see that all things were fixed. Still some dramas with the games FOV and obviously multi-monitor support. If I can be on service somehow in supplying you with anything, let me know. Cheers.

Post subject: helifax wrote:evilmatt
PostPosted: 06 Feb 2012, 19:24 
Insiders
Insiders

[quote]helifax, when you get a chance to look into this, any chance you might be able to take a look at the quest log in the menu too? It's the only menu screen that didn't seem to work for me. I appreciate that it might be a bit more complicated than the main graphics engine though :)

Hey man, check your PM I can help out in this area.

Post subject: valcan_s wrote:helifax
PostPosted: 06 Feb 2012, 19:56 
Insiders
Insiders

[quote][quote]helifax, when you get a chance to look into this, any chance you might be able to take a look at the quest log in the menu too? It's the only menu screen that didn't seem to work for me. I appreciate that it might be a bit more complicated than the main graphics engine though :)

Hey man, check your PM I can help out in this area.

I did!, Thank you very much for the support! Still here in Europe it unlocks in 2 days...Hmm....Time to check on that VPN list I used to have:)) Maybe I can make a "work-around":))

Thank again for the support!!!

Best Regard,
Helifax

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at

PostPosted: 07 Feb 2012, 07:37 

would be awesome if you could get the full game working helifax

Eyefinity / Surround Specific Solution

The demo is Hor+/Vert+, which is not good at all for multi-mon. However:
1) Helifax has designed a plugin for dopefish's WSFixer, that fixes the demo. See WSGF Links above.
2) Developers have stated that the demo has issues that will be fixed in the full game.

I can tell you now, the devlopers didn't fix anything widescreen related in the full game..

Post subject: Helifix, The problem
PostPosted: 07 Feb 2012, 11:27 

Helifix, The problem occurring seems to be identical to not running your plugin (Thanks by the way!). The new exe is "Reckoning.exe", so you may be able to rebuild your plugin looking for that instead of "ReckoningDemo.exe" as a temporary solution. I attempted to rename the exe to "ReckoningDemo.exe" but steam has a fit and won't run the program when I do that.

Thanks again!

PostPosted: 07 Feb 2012, 12:03 
Insiders
Insiders

Helifix, The problem occurring seems to be identical to not running your plugin (Thanks by the way!). The new exe is "Reckoning.exe", so you may be able to rebuild your plugin looking for that instead of "ReckoningDemo.exe" as a temporary solution. I attempted to rename the exe to "ReckoningDemo.exe" but steam has a fit and won't run the program when I do that.

Thanks again!

Hey mate, I just tried renaming the .exe for the non steam version of the game and it worked for 5 secs, until I started to move the mouse, then it warped, then stalled. Hopefully the man Helifax will have this sorted soon.

PostPosted: 07 Feb 2012, 12:04 
Insiders
Insiders

Thanks again!

One more day until game became available in Europe;)) Than, yes I will look and provide a nice solution with adjustable fov, not a fixed cap one like in the demo:))
So a little patience!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 328 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 33  Next