Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 19 Sep 2024, 09:25

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52 ... 302  Next
PostPosted: 13 Nov 2011, 15:48 

Great work Hayden! Donation is out.

PostPosted: 13 Nov 2011, 15:48 

Finally figured it out..... I'm not actually aware of any other flaws... at all

So the map is fixed too? The map doesn't scale correctly and just has the markers sliding all over the place when you pan and you can't place a marker without it being entirely off from where you clicked.
Is lock-picking zoomed out? And that bug where the loading screen had a black background in the center monitor, but light-blue backgrounds on the left and right monitors.

Post subject: Gr1zzly wrote:I play at
PostPosted: 13 Nov 2011, 15:52 

I play at 7680x1440 but my interface is too large a sample here:

Got it done according to these instructions

Solution
Native support. You can also set your resolution by editing SkyrimPrefs, i.e for 5040x1050 ( iSize H=1050 iSize W=5040), at C:Users...DocumentsMy GamesSkyrim.

Sorry for my bad english

Can no one help me? :(

PostPosted: 13 Nov 2011, 15:54 

Looks awesome HaYDeN,
Can't wait to get my hands on that!

I really appreciate all the hard work that is going in to that.
How does the map look?

I don't have any of the crashing issues that are reported here. I am running an 5850 1gb so I don't think it is graphical memory related.

@Grizzly
Read the topic and you will find several temporary fixes.

PostPosted: 13 Nov 2011, 16:16 

no crashes here, using hayden fix for one-two hour gameplay... hard to read map.. and i get lost easily..
amd 6970. crossfire disabled. 7680 x 1440, medium quality..

PostPosted: 13 Nov 2011, 16:29 

Looks awesome HaYDeN,

@Grizzly

I do not fix HAYDEN, on what page they are on the? :)

Post subject: Gr1zzly wrote:CILLER
PostPosted: 13 Nov 2011, 16:34 

[quote]Looks awesome HaYDeN,

@Grizzly

I do not fix HAYDEN, on what page they are on the? :)

Here

PostPosted: 13 Nov 2011, 16:36 

[quote][quote]
I'm running two GTX 570's in SLI @ 5760x1200 and getting the same amount of. I probably should be getting higher FPS than that shouldn't I?

Yes, you should be getting higher FPS. Our cards have only 1.2GB VRAM, there should be a ceiling somewhere- but I'm playing at 6000x1200 on ultra 2xAA 16xAF without issue. Haven't run FRAPS, but the game runs as smooth as Fallout3. I haven't bothered with my overclock on the GPUs, seems to be enough at vanilla... 905MHz is there if needed, but it's not necessary here.

Someone mentioned a CPU bottleneck. I disagree- have you checked your chart recorder for CPU usage? This game is pretty low. i7-950@4.2GHz, 12GB RAM... decent, but my system resources have elbow room for days. Remember, this game has to run on consoles that represent midrange PCs from 5 years ago.

Yeah, we essentially have the exact same system.

I actually just added Skyrim to the NVIDIA control panel. Can't *quite* tell if there's an improvement in FPS, I think there might be. But only like about 9 or so FPS. In some places, I dip down to 20 FPS when it's really busy. It's sort of strange, only when there's buildings present. Also, my GPU usage always seems to stay between 40% - 60% usage on both GPU's

Otherwise I'm usually 35 FPS average or so. Some times 40 average.

But honestly, getting the UI elements perfected is way more important than some few places that gives me FPS issues. Although fixing both would be a god send.

To shed some light on this situation for folks, let me say that this is a very unusual game in terms of performance. On my system (3 GTX 580s and i5 @ 4ghz) the GPU usage can go as low as 22% outside before ramping up somewhat to 50%+. If I run it in 3D, then they go full burn at 99%. In either case, the FPS refuses to budge much above 40 to 50 in many outdoor areas.

Part of the problem appears to be a big CPU "bottleneck", and I put that in quotes because the game inexplicably only uses two threads: http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/skyrim-performance-benchmark,3074-9.html

However, as others note here (http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/skyrim-performance-benchmark,3074-9.html), the FPS climbs rapidly in dungeons, so I'm sure there are some optimization issues going on as well.

Also, if you have 3DVision and you want to run in 2D, disable 3D from NCP. Like some other games, the 2D performance runs at 3D FPS if you have 3D enabled in NCP.

PostPosted: 13 Nov 2011, 16:37 

[quote][quote]
I'm running two GTX 570's in SLI @ 5760x1200 and getting the same amount of. I probably should be getting higher FPS than that shouldn't I?

Yes, you should be getting higher FPS. Our cards have only 1.2GB VRAM, there should be a ceiling somewhere- but I'm playing at 6000x1200 on ultra 2xAA 16xAF without issue. Haven't run FRAPS, but the game runs as smooth as Fallout3. I haven't bothered with my overclock on the GPUs, seems to be enough at vanilla... 905MHz is there if needed, but it's not necessary here.

Someone mentioned a CPU bottleneck. I disagree- have you checked your chart recorder for CPU usage? This game is pretty low. i7-950@4.2GHz, 12GB RAM... decent, but my system resources have elbow room for days. Remember, this game has to run on consoles that represent midrange PCs from 5 years ago.

Yeah, we essentially have the exact same system.

I actually just added Skyrim to the NVIDIA control panel. Can't *quite* tell if there's an improvement in FPS, I think there might be. But only like about 9 or so FPS. In some places, I dip down to 20 FPS when it's really busy. It's sort of strange, only when there's buildings present. Also, my GPU usage always seems to stay between 40% - 60% usage on both GPU's

Otherwise I'm usually 35 FPS average or so. Some times 40 average.

But honestly, getting the UI elements perfected is way more important than some few places that gives me FPS issues. Although fixing both would be a god send.

Huh, I'm getting 100% on both cards, 40-60 FPS with no slowdowns. I only did the two shadow tweaks that were brought up on release day, but my ground shadows look like crap... Not using any SLI profile, either.

Now, for some pics of the bummer texture bug... my first dragon had no skin! I did an F9, and the skin was normal after that. Really weird, textures getting corrupted like this then reverting to normal on a quickload.

Post subject: matrices wrote:In either
PostPosted: 13 Nov 2011, 16:37 

In either case, the FPS refuses to budge much above 40 to 50 in many outdoor areas.

You've disabled vsync in the ini file right?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52 ... 302  Next