Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 01 Jul 2024, 03:26

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 303 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 31  Next
 Post subject: NFS: Most Wanted
PostPosted: 26 Nov 2005, 06:59 

Chin up there Dash! It's still early. Give 'em some time to work on it.

PostPosted: 26 Nov 2005, 08:25 

we're never going to get widescreen are we :(

UNIWS works the following way for NFS games : spot where the screen res is stored (need a hacker to do this) and replace the 640x480 res description with your custom res.

The prob is that all retail version of EXE is encrypted and dynamically decrypted in RAM at execution. The prob is that you need to modify the encrypted file so that magically the decrypted version is exactly the same version but the res description : don't event think about it :)

So what are we waiting for ? the cr*cked EXE file, because it's the same as the actual retail EXE except is decrypted (and do not check for the real CD).

AWx

PostPosted: 26 Nov 2005, 18:23 

Well... I'm in such a situation that I just can't play this great game. :(
My monitor is an Acer AL1913W 19" widescreen - 1440x900 native res. But when in full screen, it only stretches the games, not allowing me to have normal 4:3 with the black bars on the sides... (this really sucks)... As an alternative to a widescreen patch, I'd really like to have a windowed mode patch so I can play it with normal 4:3 res. Do any of you guys know when could I get a windowed mode patch?

I'd really appreciate any help. Thanks!

PostPosted: 26 Nov 2005, 18:24 

I meant WHERE I could get such a patch... Sorry... lol

PostPosted: 27 Nov 2005, 18:13 

If you guys are really waitting for a crack, I do not think there will be. Like the rest of 2006 EA games the safedisk blocks any such crack.

PostPosted: 27 Nov 2005, 22:17 

Fuck EA. They just rushed the game so it could be released before Christmas. Eventually we might get a patch or some magical hacker will find a work-around, but don't expect it too soon.

PostPosted: 28 Nov 2005, 02:30 

We should start e-mailing EA and asking then to release a patch that will allow for widescreen modes. If the demo was able to work in widescreen they should allow it in the full game. If enough people send them an e-mail on this subject maybe it will start turning heads over there.

PostPosted: 28 Nov 2005, 03:38 

We should start e-mailing EA and asking then to release a patch that will allow for widescreen modes. If the demo was able to work in widescreen they should allow it in the full game. If enough people send them an e-mail on this subject maybe it will start turning heads over there.

I'd be glad to e-mail them, everyday. Somebody post an e-mail address we can contact them with. Or at least point us in the right direction.

PostPosted: 28 Nov 2005, 08:56 
Editors
Editors

I did find this page, but it's for press use only.
http://www.info.ea.com/company/company_message.php?pr_id=11
I'm going to keep looking though.

Btw, did anyone notice that the movies that tell the story look great on widescreen. I think these movies where made for the widescreen console versions and they just didn't do anything to make them 4:3 like they did with the rest of the game. So if you play the game at 4:3 the cars in the movies look really high.

My god, EA is such a good company. :wink:

PostPosted: 28 Nov 2005, 10:40 
Editors
Editors

Found this page:
Link 1

and this one:
Link 2

the last one is for technical support, but you have to login.

PS Edit: The ultra-long link broke the tables. Fixed. :)

Edit: :oops: Sorry for that :oops:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 303 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 31  Next