Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 01 Jul 2024, 09:05

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: FEAR 3 Surround
PostPosted: 25 Jun 2011, 01:19 

[quote][quote]Any screen shots Hayden?

I plugged in my xbox controller and the game was super smooth where as the mouse is all stuttery (consolitis) this also happened with that piece of garbage called Kane and lynch. The frame rate is also all over the place not to mention the locked 30fps vsync. Use d3dovrrrider to lock to 60. The graphics are not that great and the frames are low that sucks

I don't know what you are saying.
My mouse and keyboard work flawlessly. Maybe adjust the sensitivity.
Why would you want to use a freeking 360 controller on the PC? Jesus, just go play it on the XBox then?
The graphics suffer a little from texture losss up close, but rival anything out there and are very true to the FEAR series, did you happen to look at the graphics in DukeNukemForever?
Sounds to me like you are really picky about things, what about just enjoying the game? I think it's a very well done shooter......exactly as I had anticipated.

I run my game WITHOUT VSync, and my FPS average is 75-90 in heavy action, and the game is only using 40% of my GPUs at present.
Turn off VSync.

My biggest disappointment has been lack of native support for EyeFinity, and the terrible FOV.

You obviously either don't notice or don't experience this "jitter issue"

I have two systems in my house. Mine as noted in my sig, no issues at all. I don't know what the "jitter" is you sre talking about.

My son has an EVGA P55 MB and uses an MSI GTX 580 running a month old driver and has no "jitter" either.
He is running all very high selections, FSAA and no VSync. Maybe SLi has an issue?

So we are 100% without any problems, on two very different systems.

My only complaint is of course no triple monitor support.

PostPosted: 25 Jun 2011, 01:27 

I'm not bragging about fps, that's just dumb. I didn't check how high my frames were in heavy action probably not as high as 200.

This mouse jitters if the frames go below 40-50 fps (which is obvious) 2 other friends get it too. In eyefinity of course.

PostPosted: 25 Jun 2011, 01:53 

I'm not bragging about fps, that's just dumb. I didn't check how high my frames were in heavy action probably not as high as 200.

This mouse jitters if the frames go below 40-50 fps (which is obvious) 2 other friends get it too. In eyefinity of course.

No problem.

Let's just hope Mr. HaYDen gets the fix on soon!! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: 25 Jun 2011, 02:26 

I just played a bit and the game just feels like tunnel vision on one screen and the fov. ppl with consoles have to put up this! consoles suck suck suck and I am spoiled with three screens. I can't even enjoy games with one screen anymore it feels like 1/3 of a game

PostPosted: 25 Jun 2011, 05:32 
Insiders
Insiders

The devs are working on a patch for the PC version, including fixing the ":jitter", according to someone who claims to be in the know on their tech forums.

Thank god.

PostPosted: 25 Jun 2011, 06:04 
Insiders
Insiders

Any screen shots Hayden?

Blur appears to get increased when FOV increases.

Want to keep Flawless Widescreen alive? Donate Here

PostPosted: 25 Jun 2011, 06:27 

WOW that is awesome! Now I'm excited. That is a great job so far. is it motion blur? is there a way to turn it off completely?

PostPosted: 25 Jun 2011, 07:18 

That's awesome. You must be some kind of a frickin' legend. I'm only seeing this jittering you guys are talking about with 4xAA enbaled. Not with 2xAA, so that's where I'm running it. Not to mention it crahsed on me twice running 4x and none on 2x.

PostPosted: 25 Jun 2011, 18:21 

Hello everyone, Can some post up the their file that they configured for Fear 3? Because I am lost when it comes to reading Hex.

PostPosted: 25 Jun 2011, 19:38 

Hello everyone, Can some post up the their file that they configured for Fear 3? Because I am lost when it comes to reading Hex.

I would just wait for HaYDen to complete his work.
The Hex Edit works but looks like shit and the game is unplayable, due to the FOV not being configurable unless youre HaYDen and know what you're doing.

Patience my brother.

If you are really wanting to do this, the file pathway is posted on page one of this thread.......C:users/your name/appdata/roaming/FEAR3/day1studio/settings.
Download a HexEditor.
Open settings with editor
Change 4A,4B,4E,4F to match your resolution.A&B are width, E&F are height. Remember they are reversed.
Hex 5760 = 1608 = 08 16
Hex 1200 = 04B0 = B0 04

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 11  Next