Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 29 Sep 2024, 00:37

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 134 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 14  Next
PostPosted: 04 Oct 2014, 23:42 

Also have this issue. Started happening after I unlocked warlords (the last row).

Keyboard movement still works so thankfully it's not a deal breaker :)

PostPosted: 05 Oct 2014, 00:14 

Any one else not able to get the hud to the middle screen in eyefinity with the hayden fix? it made the game playable on 3 screens but it pushes the hud to the edge.

PostPosted: 05 Oct 2014, 00:58 

I dunno. I think you may need to stop using the fix. I say this because you now can't see who you are marking for a target on the bottom two rows. Plus once you take out the Warchiefs and things move again.

I'd disable the fix, eyefinity etc. Launch the game, see if they move up then if they do, save and close. Set up eyefinity + hayden fix again then launch and see if the Orcs stay in the relocated positions.

PostPosted: 05 Oct 2014, 01:02 
Insiders
Insiders

Arkayn wrote:
I dunno. I think you may need to stop using the fix. I say this because you now can't see who you are marking for a target on the bottom two rows. Plus once you take out the Warchiefs and things move again.

I'd disable the fix, eyefinity etc. Launch the game, see if they move up then if they do, save and close. Set up eyefinity + hayden fix again then launch and see if the Orcs stay in the relocated positions.

I tried disabling the fix, and a lot of other different things, but only goes back to normal if I play at 1920x1080. It is actually important later in the game when you get the branding skill - so yeah, although you can still use your keys, it still needs to be fixed.

PostPosted: 05 Oct 2014, 02:09 

Arkayn wrote:

You can see who you're targeting on the top right so you're not going completely blind.

As for unit movement, it displays just fine when you see the battle report so you should be okay on that front.

PostPosted: 05 Oct 2014, 09:56 

Bweefk wrote:
Any one else not able to get the hud to the middle screen in eyefinity with the hayden fix? it made the game playable on 3 screens but it pushes the hud to the edge.

I am getting exactly this along with several other issues. One problem for me is that the view of "Saurons army" is zoomed in very much, and I am not even at the warchiefs stage, where people say there's issues. For some reason my menu letters start flashing furiously when I open it up too.
I'm running AMD R9 290 in 2 way crossfire, and 6064x1200 bezel compensated resolution.

PostPosted: 05 Oct 2014, 14:37 

I don't know why but the fix is not downloading for me when I download the latest version of WSF... anyone have any ideas?

PostPosted: 05 Oct 2014, 23:51 
I Donated
I Donated

Devboy wrote:
I don't know why but the fix is not downloading for me when I download the latest version of WSF... anyone have any ideas?

The fix is in Flawless Widescreen, not Widescreen Fixer. Go to FW website and download tool and you'll see SOM in the games list on left.

| i7 3930K | 16GB Mushkin Redline 2133MHz | ASUS Rampage IV Formula | EVGA 2080ti SC ULTRA | EVGA Supernova 1200W PS | 2x Samsung EVO 500GB SSD RAID 0 | 2x IBM 520 SSD 240GB | Rosewill Blackhawk | 3x Acer Predator G-Sync 144MHz @ 7680x1440 |

PostPosted: 06 Oct 2014, 01:40 
Insiders
Insiders

Xickle wrote:
Bweefk wrote:

I am getting exactly this along with several other issues. One problem for me is that the view of "Saurons army" is zoomed in very much, and I am not even at the warchiefs stage, where people say there's issues. For some reason my menu letters start flashing furiously when I open it up too.
I'm running AMD R9 290 in 2 way crossfire, and 6064x1200 bezel compensated resolution.

FWS thread is riddled with people having issues with AMD hardware detection, and the problem should be fairly obvious looking at status messages.... the first thing to do is check the status of FWS and confirm that it is correctly detecting your display setup, if you have 3 monitors and it doesn't say it detected 3 monitors... clearly there's an issue... if the resolution is wrong, clearly there's an issue.

AMD Eyefinity API's are awful, Crossfire setups do not get detected in the same way that single cards do, nor is the same information available, and sometimes even single cards fail detection for random reasons.

You can override the display detection like so:

Until the day comes that I get a pair of AMD cards [which is very unlikely] or AMD fix the problem, it will probably remain broken.

Want to keep Flawless Widescreen alive? Donate Here

PostPosted: 06 Oct 2014, 02:37 

Thanks for the info Hayden.

I will try launching again with manual settings for displays. Though all the other games I've used this with so far seems to work (except Witcher 2 but maybe this will fix that too) but keeping the manual settings on all the time is obviously no harm.

For what it is worth my next set of cards will be AMD for the reasons you stated and many more. Been stuck with drivers the last 12 months that don't allow 120hz on Eyefinity 5760x1080 despite working fine in 2013.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 134 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 14  Next