Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 15 Jul 2024, 15:18

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject: UniWS: Discussion Help
PostPosted: 27 Jan 2006, 15:49 
Founder
Founder

Wogg hasn't been on the board in a while, due to demands from his work and life. But, there are other coders on. Hopefully someone can help. There was a mini-tutorial in one of the 06 EA Sports threads, either Tiger Woods or NBA. Paradigm gave a little insight, but I agree a full tutorial would be nice.

PostPosted: 29 Jan 2006, 03:48 

Teach a man to fish and whatnot.

Hmmm, I like that idea. I only know the very basics of hex editing myself, so I'm sure other people can pick up my 'skills' quite easily.

I've written up a small tutorial in the howto section of this site:

http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=21352

PostPosted: 31 Jan 2006, 15:24 

Excellent! Thanks a lot.

PostPosted: 13 Feb 2006, 12:00 

Alright, I've updated the PATCHES.INI file in an attempt to fix the Prince of Persia problem you guys have been having. It works for some people and not others.. eh.

Please download the PATCHES.INI again from the link above in my previous post and overwrite the one you downloaded before.

Run UNIWS.EXE, set it to Prince of Persia, find the folder, and UNDO the patch if you can. Then go ahead and patch.

Hope it works.
Can anyone help me to get Prince Of Persia - Sands of Time to work in widescreen. At first I tried using the 'POPWS -set 1680 1050' file but it didn't work. It actually made the game limited to 600x800.

So I downloaded the UNIWS.EXE, set it to Prince of Persia, and found the folder. But the option to "Undo Patch" is greyed out. I also can't type in a new resolution. Am I doing something wrong here? Do I need a cracked POP.exe, and if so where would I find it? Thanks for any help.

PostPosted: 13 Feb 2006, 19:17 
Editors
Editors

I may be wrong but I think you do need a cracked POP.exe ... get one here ... http://spacetarget.com/games/pc_prince_of_persia.shtml

PostPosted: 14 Feb 2006, 18:06 

I may be wrong but I think you do need a cracked POP.exe ... get one here ... http://spacetarget.com/games/pc_prince_of_persia.shtml
Thanks for the link. Ok, I tried it again but the game doesn't want to run at 1680x1050. Here's what I did. . .

I downloaded the cracked exe., copied it in the game directory, and made sure that the game works without the CD. . . .

Then I opened UWS Patcher, set the new resolution to 1608x1050, and clicked "patch." Then I went into the game and found the new resolution available. But when I set it to use 1680x1050, the game crashes.

I even tried removing the patch and checking that the game still runs at 1280x1024 and it did. So I set the patch again and tried to use 1680x1050 but it still crashed.

Anyone know why?

Thanks again for the help. :)

PostPosted: 14 Feb 2006, 18:21 

Alright, I've updated the PATCHES.INI file in an attempt to fix the Prince of Persia problem you guys have been having. It works for some people and not others.. eh.

Please download the PATCHES.INI again from the link above in my previous post and overwrite the one you downloaded before.

Run UNIWS.EXE, set it to Prince of Persia, find the folder, and UNDO the patch if you can. Then go ahead and patch.

Hope it works.
By the way, "where is the link above in my previous post" that you are referring to, Wogg?

PostPosted: 16 Feb 2006, 07:27 

Help anyone? :(

PostPosted: 16 Feb 2006, 15:53 
Editors
Editors

Revivalist, here it is. Or just go to the download page and download uniws.

PostPosted: 06 Mar 2006, 05:36 

When I run UniWS, I can't enter anything in the "new resolution" fields. It seems that while it *looks* like there are two text boxes there, they aren't actually enabled. This means I can't patch KotOR, which means I'm sad.
Am I missing something? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next