Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 03 Jul 2024, 20:51

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
 Post subject: Re: Resident Evil 6
PostPosted: 14 Oct 2013, 20:17 

Hi!

First of all, excuse me for refloating this topic, I know it is quite oldy but I have just remembered that there was a RE6 Widescreen fix. Secondly, I know that there will not be more RE6 updates via Steam, but I am still interested in knowin how you do that. About programming skills I still remember a few tricks from my computer science collage days. If you are kind enought I would love to see the source code and give myself a try.

Thanks again

PostPosted: 14 Oct 2013, 21:54 
Insiders
Insiders

spentamanyu wrote:
Hi!

First of all, excuse me for refloating this topic, I know it is quite oldy but I have just remembered that there was a RE6 Widescreen fix. Secondly, I know that there will not be more RE6 updates via Steam, but I am still interested in knowin how you do that. About programming skills I still remember a few tricks from my computer science collage days. If you are kind enought I would love to see the source code and give myself a try.

Thanks again

Hey!

The problem is not with the source code as it doesn't do anything special to be fair. Basically you can write your own code in any language that outputs machine native code (C/C++/C#, etc... Sorry no Java as is not native...it runs in a virtual machine)
The only thing that it does is injecting "some code" inside another app. This is where the magic happens...in "some code".

Unfortunately there aren't any tutorials around for this specific thing and I could probably talk for ages...
However I have had a presentation for the University depicting this and what steps are involved in "making a fix" for a game.
You can see it on my webpage: Enabling Multi-Monitor Support in Commercial AAA Games.(There is also the PDF presentation in the same page) This at least teaches the principles and so on.
If you do require the source code for a plugin you can drop me a PM and I will send you a link. For the WSF app, I haven't wrote it so it's not mine to share, but you could ask dopefish and I am sure he will help you out;))

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at
3D Vision Surround Gallery

E-mail and Paypal (for people who wants it): tavyhome@gmail.com

PostPosted: 10 Nov 2014, 17:45 

Does anyone know of a fix for 21 : 9 monitors? The current version of the Widescreen Fixer plugin isn't compatible, the cutscenes are fixed, but the menu's and text are all offscreen.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8