Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 20 Aug 2024, 14:08

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject: UniWS: Discussion Help
PostPosted: 09 Mar 2006, 12:24 

Tippity-top.
Seriously, if anyone has a version that works, PLEASE just email it to me. These rectangular pixels are so not cool.

PostPosted: 15 Mar 2006, 05:00 

I am having problems with KOTOR and the widescreen patcher. It will patch and play in widescreen fine, but the selectable menus throughout the game (like which dialogue to choose from, switching to a second character) are missing and makes the game unplayable.

I am having to use Nvidia's beta forceware 84.20 because there is a known problem with KOTOR and dual core processors and only the latest beta makes the game playable.

Is there anyway to make this patcher show the menus in the game?

Thanks

PostPosted: 15 Mar 2006, 05:29 

When I run UniWS, I can't enter anything in the "new resolution" fields. It seems that while it *looks* like there are two text boxes there, they aren't actually enabled. This means I can't patch KotOR, which means I'm sad.
Am I missing something? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I have the same problem as you, what's going on?

PostPosted: 15 Mar 2006, 06:40 

[quote]When I run UniWS, I can't enter anything in the "new resolution" fields. It seems that while it *looks* like there are two text boxes there, they aren't actually enabled. This means I can't patch KotOR, which means I'm sad.
Am I missing something? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Did you select KOTOR and a certain interface resolution (800x600, 1024x768, etc.)? And then did you click "Find it for me"? Once you do that, then you'll be able to input a custom resolution.

But no luck for me as there are menus and dialogues missing in any custom resolutions that I make.

PostPosted: 15 Mar 2006, 08:22 

I fixed my Kotor 2 problem, but in the weirdest way. First I uninstalled the game and reinstalled without patching. Still won't patch. Next I downloaded a crack .exe and patched that. It all works great now, except the mini-map, but I can acces the big map, so no biggie.

PostPosted: 15 Mar 2006, 08:42 

Nothing, apparently. I'm playing it stretched, since no one has condescended to even acknowledge the existence of my first post about this. Great "help thread" eh? :P
Did you select KOTOR and a certain interface resolution (800x600, 1024x768, etc.)? And then did you click "Find it for me"? Once you do that, then you'll be able to input a custom resolution.

Nope. The text boxes cannot under any circumstances be selected.
If your version works, do you suppose you could send me your uniws.exe please?
EDIT: Re: your last post, Bokishi... Were you talking about KOTOR or KOTOR2 then?

PostPosted: 15 Mar 2006, 16:43 

If your version works, do you suppose you could send me your uniws.exe please?

I'm using the one found here: http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/wiki/index.php?title=Downloads

But still, the dialog text does not appear on custom resolutions. So I can't make decisions and such in the game or select a second character.

Post subject: Cannot execture
PostPosted: 29 Jul 2006, 19:05 

Just like chiby and htat other I need 1680x1050 patch for the DELUXE ed of sc4!!

Ok uniws and pathce.sini are in same folder.
heres what i get

DOS window opens and says
"Cannot execute C:UNIWS.EXE"
:(

In addition I tried the nice GUI one that was supplied in .zip file...
well at least that exectures and can find my sim city 4 folder in my docs
but once iyts done that i cant enter anything into the res fields AND ther "patch" buttons are grayed out.

I tried using "mjrpes"'s patch but the link is bad.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post subject: URU ideas
PostPosted: 08 Aug 2006, 18:20 

Hello, I have recently gotten the UNIWS patcher to get URU running in 1680c1050 widescreen, but in the new dev_mode.dat file it creaters...settings such as coloring are set to 16bit and textures are set to low... I wanted to know if /bow the creater could change the patch so it max's settings out..but I doubt anyone wants to run it with ani/antialiasing on max.. so preferably a few included modified dev_mode files....

I know how to do it myself..but I simply can't code worth anything anymore.It's quite sad, I figured if I could look at the defualt Dev_Mode.dat through many conversion I could see what each value is in binary/hex then put mine in after converting them and make my own new file but.. I simply forgot everything about conversions.

PostPosted: 08 Aug 2006, 20:43 
Founder
Founder

The person who originally coded the UniWS is no longer active on the forum. If you can provide the details on what needs to be done, someone else may be able to pick it up and make the changes.

Here's the topic specific to Uru

http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=2345

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next