Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 20 Aug 2024, 13:21

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject: UniWS: Discussion Help
PostPosted: 10 Oct 2006, 03:35 

Hi, I have no idea how to use the UniWS :p. I open the .exe file, select the game, locate the game folder, but the Patch/Undo Patch buttons stay inactive.

What obvious problem am I missing?

PostPosted: 13 Dec 2006, 19:26 

Can you add Wining Eleven/ Pro Evolution Soccer Series to your list?

This would bring the game to another dimension. Me and whole community would be gratefull for this :)

PostPosted: 25 Dec 2007, 04:14 

Yeah hey im new here and i just got myself a brand new nfsu2.
the problem is that Universal Widescreen patcher says that i have to crack it to make it work...and im not sure how to do that :?

and after i DO crack it (if i do) how do i use the patcher program? sorry for the trouble guys

can anyone help me?

PostPosted: 25 Dec 2007, 04:33 

the problem is that Universal Widescreen patcher says that i have to crack it to make it work...and im not sure how to do that

and after i DO crack it (if i do) how do i use the patcher program? sorry for the trouble guys

can anyone help me?

Certain executables are encoded/encrypted so that we cannot access the resolution values directly.

When an individual creates a no-cd executable for a particular game that may allow access to the resolution values. The UniWs will only work for these games with these types of executables.

Out of respect for this site I will not post links to these executables but there are many search engines that may be able to assist you.

Hope this helps.

PostPosted: 25 Dec 2007, 10:02 
Insiders
Insiders

the problem is that Universal Widescreen patcher says that i have to crack it to make it work...and im not sure how to do that :?

can anyone help me?

Download an unpacked executabele:

http://m0003.gamecopyworld.com/games/pc_nfs_underground_2.shtml

PostPosted: 12 May 2008, 02:11 

When I run UniWS, I can't enter anything in the "new resolution" fields. It seems that while it *looks* like there are two text boxes there, they aren't actually enabled. This means I can't patch KotOR, which means I'm sad.
Am I missing something? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I have this same problem with KOTOR 2! Nothing seems to work...

Help would be greatly appreciated! TT_TT

EDIT: I got a fixed exe and then UniWS allowed me to change the resolution!
I miss the minimap and those speech bubbles from random people don't show but I think it's a small cost. :P

PostPosted: 27 Nov 2008, 02:29 

still trying to use UniWS on KOTOR2 but no joy. I have an patched game to 1.02b and when I use the uniws program, point to the folder with the .exe in it, I cannot enter anything in the resolution boxes and the Patch, Unpatch buttons are greyed out. Any ideas? Thanks.

PostPosted: 03 Jan 2009, 16:24 

I tried to modify Need For Speed Underground 2 for the Samsung SyncMaster T220. It works with the resolutions 1680x1050 and 320x200. By using the first resolution the game is lagging (i have a very slow pc^^) the second one looks a bit poor with a 22'' monitor :wink:
Every other resolutiuon i tried crashed the game or it was only showed in the left top corner. Is it possible to play nfsu2 in 4:3 with a black stripe on the left and right or are there some 16:10 resolutions in between i could try out?

PostPosted: 16 Jan 2009, 00:44 

I have tried the patcher with PoP Sands of Time in Prince of Persia TRILOGY for play at 1680x1050. Without crack, patcher WORK!!!!!

PostPosted: 28 Jan 2009, 04:59 

I'm trying to do this to NFS Carbon, but I can't get the UniWS to allow me to type in a resolution, so I can't update the game.

I am using a cracked version, and used the "Find it for me" button when manually choosing the folder didn't work. Even after a box pops up telling me NFSC was found, I still can't type in the resolution.

Does anyone know what's wrong?

Thanks.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next