Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 01 Jul 2024, 10:37

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 30 Apr 2006, 03:15 

im using a viewsonic vx2025wm widescreen monitor as my external monitor on my xps 170 and when i play games sometimes i get these little vertical lines that kinda scroll through the games, its really noticeable in DOD:S. and only visible when i am using the viewsonic, not my lappys LCD I enabled vsync, but the problem is still there, just not as bad, anyone have any other suggestions? im using a the GTX 7800, let me know guys, i dont have it hooked up through the dvi cable as well, and changing the resolution doesnt help. let me know of anything you think would help.

PostPosted: 30 Apr 2006, 17:22 

bump.

This is happening in all my games, WOW, CS, everything, i really dont want to sell this monitor but unless theres a fix, im going to have to.

PostPosted: 30 Apr 2006, 17:27 
Editors
Editors

Can you try out a different screen?

It sounds like there might be something wrong with the output on your laptop... :?

PostPosted: 30 Apr 2006, 17:55 

i just plugged in my little 17inch dell flat panel, and it worked fine, no refresh lines at all.

it almost looks like when my screen gets distortion from a cell phone or something like that.

im gonna try to hook up a dvi cable to it see if that fixes the problem maybe.

PostPosted: 01 May 2006, 13:22 

i also just changed the refresh rate on my monitor, i know that it really doesnt affect lcds at all, but it didnt do anything.

please guys, im pretty desperate here,

i was looking at the specs on it, and the response time is 16ms. 8ms longer than other lcd flat panels i have been looking at.

Again, please guys, help me out here.

PostPosted: 19 May 2006, 18:53 

Hey. I have had the exact same monitor for a few days now, and have been experiencing the same problem. I'm also using VGA as I can't get the DVI to work at the moment... I'm not sure what THAT problem is either, as I'm using a brand new 7900GT 512MB with 2 x DVI outputs...

Anyway let me know if you come up with a solution, or if it disappears when using DVI - as I intend on using DVI myself when I get it up and running.

PostPosted: 19 May 2006, 19:03 

I just enabled V-Sync, which seems to have fixed the problem on my monitor... but I've only tested it with Oblivion for a few minutes (it was most obvious on the Alchemy screen of all things!)...

I still cant get the DVI input working though.