Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 01 Jul 2024, 00:50

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Diablo II Resize?
PostPosted: 14 Feb 2006, 23:47 

Here's my problem:

Diablo II: LOD runs at 800x600, and my monitor runs at 1680x1050. The Centerd output option and 1;1 option work great BUT the game is so small centered and too large to look good with 1:1.

Is there any way to trick my graphics car (geforce 66000 into thinking D2 is being run at 1024x768 or 1280x960? This way D2 will look good and not be so small. I dont care at all that the game would be streched because obviously D2 will never be truly widescreen. Ive tried Glide Wrapers but none seem to do the trick.

Thanks,
--Streeter

PostPosted: 15 Feb 2006, 13:29 

You wont have any joy i am afraid. Am a big D2 player myself, and the problem is it isnt a 3d game in the true sense, instead it has (from what i remember of my old computing days - i may be wrong) 'sprites' in isomentric 3d, in other words they are a fixed size and the computer cannot interpret them or scale them.

I will re-install my D2 game tonight i think (havent played since i got my dell) and see what i find, but we will both have to rely on the monitor scaling capability. :(

PostPosted: 15 Feb 2006, 21:46 

Would it be possible to emulate an XP window, run Diablo II in that window, and then maximize the window with my desktop set to 1024x768?

PostPosted: 18 Feb 2006, 00:39 

Go into the nVidia driver control application, and hit the Digital Flat Panel tab. Select "Fixed Aspect ratio scaling"