Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 28 Sep 2024, 22:23

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 20 Jul 2006, 08:36 

I'm using windows vista beta 2 now for a while, and I'm setting it up so i can use it as my main os. Everything works perfect, except for World of Warcraft.

So everything goes well, until i try to play World of Warcraft at my native resolution (1920 x 1200). The maximum resolution is 1600x1200, so my sreen is stretched and ugly.

Does anybody know what i can do to play WoW on my native resolution? The error seemt to be on nVidia AND Ati cards.

Thanks in advance!

PS changing the config file manually didn't work (it just gets ignored)
PPS playing in windowed mode doesn't help either.

PostPosted: 20 Jul 2006, 11:13 

Try some different monitor/graphics card drivers.

Do other games with proper widescreen support let you choose 1920*1200 from their menus?

PostPosted: 20 Jul 2006, 12:53 

Actually it's a known problem with WoW. When I installed Vista a few weeks back I tried running WoW on it, and noticed there were no widescreen options. I looked it up on the tech support forums, and there were no widescreen options for anybody, so its just a compatibiility issue with WoW and Vista.

PostPosted: 20 Jul 2006, 16:01 

Yeah Blizzard just needs to fix it in a future patch with WoW. Don't worry - they'll do it, but probably near the end of the year when it's closer to Vista release.

PostPosted: 23 Jul 2006, 20:58 
Founder
Founder

I'm using windows vista beta 2 now for a while, and I'm setting it up so i can use it as my main os. Everything works perfect, except for World of Warcraft.

So everything goes well, until i try to play World of Warcraft at my native resolution (1920 x 1200). The maximum resolution is 1600x1200, so my sreen is stretched and ugly.

Does anybody know what i can do to play WoW on my native resolution? The error seemt to be on nVidia AND Ati cards.

Thanks in advance!

PS changing the config file manually didn't work (it just gets ignored)
PPS playing in windowed mode doesn't help either.

Ah Yes! Actually a friend of mine who is using Vista Beta 2 has the exact same problem. He was adamant about sticking with Vista instead of going back to XP, so I advised him to use fixed aspect ratio scaling to play at 1600x1200 with black bars on the side. That seemed to be a good compromise for now.

PostPosted: 07 Aug 2006, 15:31 

Ah Yes! Actually a friend of mine who is using Vista Beta 2 has the exact same problem. He was adamant about sticking with Vista instead of going back to XP, so I advised him to use fixed aspect ratio scaling to play at 1600x1200 with black bars on the side. That seemed to be a good compromise for now.

I can't even use black bars... it always stretches to this ugly ratio :(