Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 07 Jul 2024, 18:06

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Help with scaling
PostPosted: 20 Aug 2007, 02:51 

Well first off I guess this is a bit weird posting in a Widescreen forum as I am trying to get non-widescreen working. :?

I have a Dell 2407FPW and for some reason in the monitor settings it won't let me do 1:1 pixel for 1600*1200, so I settled for using the video card to scale images. I want to scale because some games don't support the proper FOV when using widescreen resolutions or don't support widescreen resolutions at all, and it looks ugly when it is stretched. On my previous computer I had a GeForce 6800 and I thought it was pretty easy to use the nvidia control panel settings to scale. Now I have an HD 2900XT, and Catalyst Control Center is turning out to be a pain. Under Digital Panel Properties there is a section called image scaling. One option is scale image to full panel size, which is not what I want since I don't want stretched images. The other is use centered timings which says that it will center the image and it may result in black bars, which is what I want. So I select that option and click apply and exit CCC. However it does not scale the images at all. Whenever I play a game in 1600*1200 it still stretches. It does that for all resolutions. Whenever I go back to CCC it still has the correct option selected. Any idea what I'm doing wrong here?