Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 15 Jul 2024, 16:35

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Diablo 2 Help Fast
PostPosted: 21 Aug 2007, 18:34 

Can someone tell me fast if Diablo 2 supports widescreen or if there is a fix or hack to view widescreen? Thanks!!!

PostPosted: 21 Aug 2007, 18:46 
Editors
Editors

No, and no, there isn't.

Fast enough? :wink: :lol:

PostPosted: 21 Aug 2007, 18:51 

No, and no, there isn't.

Fast enough? :wink: :lol:

Actually there kinda is, It only supports one resolution and theres MAJOR graphical bugs, but it is playable.

http://www.edgeofnowhere.cc/viewtopic.php?t=348984

Theres a link to the thread, Warning though as it could get you banned from Battle.Net, i suggest reading the whole thread before using it.

PostPosted: 21 Aug 2007, 20:08 

The Mac version has some sort of official widescreen support as well.

PostPosted: 30 Sep 2007, 01:06 

Hello everyone.

I had the same problem, and after quite a bit of digging around and messing with my registry I've found a solution.

This isn't a full widescreen support, you have to play the game in a window but you can stretch the image to whatever resolution you want it to (like 1024*768 for example). Sadly, there is no other workaround.

Here is the basic page I have set up for the files and instructions:

http://diabloonvista.uw.hu/

PostPosted: 30 Sep 2007, 06:50 

I've tried this but can't get it working, does it only run on vista or will it work on xp?

I've copied all the files into my diablo 2 folder, i've tried dd, d3d and gdi in all combinations and no joy at all. It runs diablo, but it's not in a window and is running at the usual 800 by 600.

PostPosted: 30 Sep 2007, 12:46 

I've tried this but can't get it working, does it only run on vista or will it work on xp?

I've copied all the files into my diablo 2 folder, i've tried dd, d3d and gdi in all combinations and no joy at all. It runs diablo, but it's not in a window and is running at the usual 800 by 600.

The program is highly dependant on the startup .exe. Are you playing the game from the genuine CD or with the help of a NoCD fix?

PostPosted: 01 Oct 2007, 00:27 

I've been mounting a clonecd image of the lod cd in daemon tools. I do have the original cds, but can't be bothered finding them when i want to play the game. It's still the original exe, i just made images of my discs.

I might try the original disc after work today.

Should i be using diablo ii.exe or game.exe? I've been using diablo ii.exe so far. I've also got plugy running as well, maybe i should be calling that one and letting it call diablo ii.exe. I might have to do a vanilla reinstall and see if that sorts it out. Thanks for the help.

PostPosted: 01 Oct 2007, 23:16 

I've been mounting a clonecd image of the lod cd in daemon tools. I do have the original cds, but can't be bothered finding them when i want to play the game. It's still the original exe, i just made images of my discs.

I might try the original disc after work today.

Should i be using diablo ii.exe or game.exe? I've been using diablo ii.exe so far. I've also got plugy running as well, maybe i should be calling that one and letting it call diablo ii.exe. I might have to do a vanilla reinstall and see if that sorts it out. Thanks for the help.

Same here, I don't like using my original CDs for the games. If you're using images made from the discs, you can't use the diablo2.exe or the game.exe. Please visit my website again, I've uploaded a file that will solve this for you (just look for the new link). Just use that with D3DWindower instead of the other two .exe files. :wink:

PostPosted: 01 Oct 2007, 23:52 
Editors
Editors

@ nmi576 ...
Your Avatar is too big and you Sig has too many lines ...
Please change them to fit the rules on the Profile Page ...

Thank you ... 8)