Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 28 Jun 2024, 22:31

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 04 Oct 2007, 22:45 
Editors
Editors

As we all know sometimes games come out without the correct FOV for Widescreen this is particularly a problem for TripleHead users so ...
I have spoken to Racer_S with a view to getting the games we want in TripleHead or Widescreen with the correct FOV.
Racer_S needs to make a living and as such needs to gain some income for the FOV tools he creates.
We have come up with a voting system based on donations with the above in mind.
It must be remembered that Racer_S can't always make a FOV tool ... sometimes it is just not possible.

IMPORTANT :
This is an experimental idea ... lets see what you all make of it ...
Post ideas or suggestions here ...keep this thread for donation kitty information and voting only.
Any posts will be deleted without notice ... you have been warned !

This is because I will have to re-post the whole thread each time a game has been hacked in order to start the voting again.

Please vote for the game you would most like to have a FOV fix ...
The game with the most votes when the kitty of donations reaches $100 dollars will be the game Racer_S will work on next.
Baring in mind that Racer_S has to also buy the game ... :wink:
As mentioned this does not mean that there will definitely be a fix just that he will work hard to make a hack for the game on the top of the voting list.
If a game can't be hacked but Racer_S has tried $50 will go back into the kitty ...
Also any kitty money over the $100 when a game gets hacked (or attempted) will be carried over to the next round of voting.

The list will be updated as games are hacked (or an unsuccessful hack has been made)
Forum members are requested to suggest games to be added to the list for next time.
Please post your requests in a separate thread as I have mentioned keep this thread for donation kitty information and voting only.
Any posts will be deleted without notice ... you have been warned !

To donate click this button ...
Donation total so far ... 55:00 USD

This total will only be updated as Racer_S tells me he has had new donations.

This vote/poll has had to be reposted as some thing became corrupt ...
A game was duplicated in the list but it wasn't entered that way and when I tried to fix it the whole thing just got worse !
Sorry but please vote again.

EDIT ... blanked out the stuff about not posting here as you can now post here if you wish ... 8)

PostPosted: 14 Oct 2007, 22:29 
Editors
Editors

OK guys ... the first round of voting is over ...
Results ...

Kitty Donation total ... 130 USD

Thank you to all those that donated !
Racer_S is working on a fix for Stranglehold ... :D

The 30 USD over the 100 mark will go towards the next round of voting ...
You can continue to donate if you so wish and the next round of voting will start as soon as I hear from Racer_S to let me know if he has been sucsessfull or not in fixing Stranglehold.

To donate click this button ...
Donation total so far for next round ... 30:00 USD

This total will only be updated as Racer_S tells me he has had new donations.

Please post your suggestions and feedback here in this thread.
I have decided that there is no problem posting here ... as I mentioned this is experimental ... :D
I will lock this and make a new voting/poll post for the next round ... 8)

PostPosted: 14 Oct 2007, 23:11 

NFS Carbon doesn't need any, just use uniws like you would with nfs:u2 or nfs:mw, same engine, same exe address, they're all same.

PostPosted: 14 Oct 2007, 23:21 
Editors
Editors

I thought that just allowed the resolution and didn't fix the FOV.

PostPosted: 15 Oct 2007, 03:05 

well I'm no expert in fov, but if the car is kept in ratio with the res. aspect that means it corrects the fov no? the menus are stretched and thats about it.

PostPosted: 15 Oct 2007, 03:34 
Insiders
Insiders

if the car is kept in ratio with the res. aspect that means it corrects the fov no?

Not necessarily. "Correct FOV" means that the fovx gets larger and the fovy stays the same. In Carbon, the fovx gets smaller and the fovy shrinks. The aspect ratio is correct, but the FOV is wrong.

PostPosted: 15 Oct 2007, 03:45 

Can FOV even do anything with a stretch job? I though it would only be useful for things that are Vert -?

Max Payne?

PostPosted: 15 Oct 2007, 04:05 

if the car is kept in ratio with the res. aspect that means it corrects the fov no?

Not necessarily. "Correct FOV" means that the fovx gets larger and the fovy stays the same. In Carbon, the fovx gets smaller and the fovy shrinks. The aspect ratio is correct, but the FOV is wrong.

Oh ok, seems correct fov to me though. I'd vote not to waste time on the series however, it's buggy as heck, I can't even play carbon, I was able to play enough to complete a couple challenges, now it just crashes any time I start any event. Haven't bothered reinstalling, too fed up getting it to run instead of playing.

PostPosted: 15 Oct 2007, 04:28 
Insiders
Insiders

Can FOV even do anything with a stretch job?

Usually not. The only one I can think of is Aliens vs. Predator 2, which stretches by default, but the fovx and fovy can be adjusted independently, which means you can manually increase the fovx while leaving the fovy alone.

PostPosted: 24 Oct 2007, 16:59 
Editors
Editors

Racer_S has finished the FOV Tool for Stranglehold ...
Thank you to him and all that donated ... :D
Download here ... CLICK ME
The instructions for it's use are in the read me ...

For use in TripleHead see here ... http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/node/#comment-
I haven't tried it in widescreen yet but I'm sure it will be fine if it can do TripleHead so easily.

A couple of Screenshots ...

Next round of voting will be up soon ............. 8)

EDIT : to update with the new FOV tool that fixes the fogging issue the previous tool had.