Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 08 Oct 2024, 09:03

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Anarchy Online
PostPosted: 16 Jul 2005, 04:35 

Didn't notice it in the games list, but Anarchy Online (AO) supports 1680x1050 native, I assume it'll support any WS res that the monitor supports.

If it's already been posted, my apologies.

PostPosted: 06 Jul 2008, 21:59 

I'm wondering the same thing myself. AO just had it's 7th anniversary, and it's amazing it isn't in the list. Especially if it matches WSGF certification right?

PostPosted: 06 Jul 2008, 22:27 

Just did a quick test here.

It seems Anarchy Online stretches the loading screen (it's a AO logo so not a issue at all), no idea about the intro sequence when making a new character though, I think that uses BINK though.

AO supports Widescreen it seems, but unfortunately it is NOT Hor+
Instead it seems to use Vert- when in Widescreen, Vert- is applied to both top and bottom of the screen.

On the plus side it seems that all windows, gadgets, text and so on are static, so no stretching on those luckily.

Funcom is working on a a new graphics engine for AO, no ETA yet, but it is possible it may be switched to at the end of the year, later fall. (xmas?)

So it may be in the interest of the WSGF and any AO players here to contact Funcom and request that they use Hor+ method for the graphic engine update.

If anyone would like to do a more extensive review, just get the client, AO has a "froob" (free account) offer with the basic game, so it won't cost anything to test things out, unlike some other MMO's out there, there has been froob players having accounts for years now even.

I'll do my part and poke Funcom about Hor+ but the more voices, the better. The new graphics engine looks awesome and it would be a shame if it where to use Vert-