Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 03 Jul 2024, 11:27

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 30 Jan 2010, 02:23 

I have the new James Camerons Avatar PC Game and it is running in triple screen with SoftTH 1.08b. Everything is smooth at 4420x900 (3x19 inch monitors) but I need a FOV fix. I have been in the GamerProfile and changed settings but nothing in there will back off the camera. I have also tried a fix that was made by Racer_S for farcry2 because they are both on the DUNA Engine. Seems to try to hook when I have it set for the v1.00 patch in FOV Hack - Far Cry v4.0 but it crashes the game. Only when set to v1.00. On v1.01 it does nothing (game keeps running). Not sure if that means anything. If anyone could help or point me in the right direction it would be much appreciated here. My girlfriend got me the game to play while she was around so she doesn't have to watch heads blow off.
:hide

PostPosted: 30 Jan 2010, 17:24 
Editors
Editors

Hi there,
First of all, yours is a Multi-monitor/SoftTH issue, so you should have searched these forums... like you did last time, instead of posting here and there ;)
Secondly, a FOV hack is made for a specific game, and even specific versions of it. The Far Cry 2 FOV hack is not a universal Dunia engine hack.

Now, this problem was already reported by Lebedev over here and is a tricky one. The Dunia engine has no obvious aspect ratio setting of its own and calculates the FOV from the desktop resolution. I can imagine the frustration of SoftTH users struggling against the incorrect FOV in a natively Hor+ game. But why don't you report this on the official Avatar forums and request an in-game aspect ratio setting in a future patch ?

PostPosted: 31 Jan 2010, 07:31 

Hi there,
First of all, yours is a Multi-monitor/SoftTH issue, so you should have searched these forums... like you did last time, instead of posting here and there ;)
Secondly, a FOV hack is made for a specific game, and even specific versions of it. The Far Cry 2 FOV hack is not a universal Dunia engine hack.

Now, this problem was already reported by Lebedev over here and is a tricky one. The Dunia engine has no obvious aspect ratio setting of its own and calculates the FOV from the desktop resolution. I can imagine the frustration of SoftTH users struggling against the incorrect FOV in a natively Hor+ game. But why don't you report this on the official Avatar forums and request an in-game aspect ratio setting in a future patch ?

Oh Hellow,
I have no idea why you would think that I even considered that a FOV fix or hack is universal on any engine.
The point I was trying to make is that I have fooled around with FOV fixers in a lot of other games and tried quite a few in my boredom and wanting this game to work right for me. The fix for FarCry2 only on one of the settings for 1.00 actually seemed to try to hook and crashed the game. All others no go (game kept running fine) sooooo I figured that (maybe) it would not be a huge change for someone or the original maker to maybe edit it. It might have to be completely re done I do not know... that is the whole reason for the (Not sure if that means anything.) line... not to be aggravated.

I posted in the wrong place and that is about it.

I appreciate your help but I would try not to belittle people (or a person) if I wanted a positive response back from anyone that I am correcting.

I blatantly did nothing. I just needed some help.

Maybe some sleep next time...Or Breakfast depending on your time zone.

PostPosted: 31 Jan 2010, 08:56 
Editors
Editors

Here's a deal: I take some sleep, and you fix your sig...
There is a 512 character limit. List system specs horizontally - not vertically. No more than four rows at size 10 font.
:twisted:

PostPosted: 31 Jan 2010, 16:34 

Here's a deal: I take some sleep, and you fix your sig...
There is a 512 character limit. List system specs horizontally - not vertically. No more than four rows at size 10 font.
:twisted:

DEAL ! :lol: