Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 08 Jul 2024, 14:13

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Hitman: Codename 47
PostPosted: 15 Dec 2009, 16:33 

So i just bought this game in store (along with the other 3, was planning to finish them in order). Dropped in the disk, installed fine, and tried running it. At first it didn't work. By default it had selected RenderD3D.dll which for some reason didn't work, so i changed that to openGL in the ini file. Now the game runs. Since i have a 1920*1080 monitor i wanted to change the resolution. I found here that the thing to do was change resolution in .ini and add 'window' (without quotation marks) to the ini. I did this, but the game runs not in fullscreen. Well, it kind of does, but a part of the screen is shown on my second monitor. So that is kind of anoying. I have not found a way to move the windowed game. The only way to play is to turn of my second monitor. Then it will center on my only plugged in monitor and the since the window is 1920x1080 it is fullscreen. Any thoughts on how to remedy this without turning of my second monitor?

Post subject: Re: Hitman: Codename 47
PostPosted: 09 Aug 2010, 10:06 

Thanks to sarcinelli from Steam forums. This allows you to run fullscreen, but I don't know whether it will work properly if you have a second monitor. Can't hurt to try.
After a little tweaking I found a way to get this classic to work on a custom resolution.

Find your hitman.ini and change the resolution to a custom one (I'm using 1680x1050) and add "window" (without the quotation marks) to the end.

This is what my ini looks like:

Code:
Include SetupLocale.zip
//DrawDll Render3DFX.dll
DrawDll renderd3d.dll
//DrawDll RenderOpenGL.dll
SoundDll Sound.dll
ScriptDll GSC.dll
LocaleDLL Locale.dll
Resolution 1920x1080
ColorDepth 32
Anisotropy 2
AntiAlias
DisableLight
ShadowDetail 2
TextureResolution 0
DisableDXT
DisablePAL
Window

For me AA was disabled after switching to OpenGl, so just enable it in the Nvidia or ATi control panel. :wink:

PostPosted: 14 Feb 2011, 07:11 

I had this same problem (Game centered across two monitors), and fixed it by adding "StartUpperPos 0,0" to the hitman.ini file.

PostPosted: 20 Feb 2011, 07:09 

I'm having some issues with this game as well. I actually tried to use kindred's config but it just caused my game to crash.