Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 18 Sep 2024, 21:09

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 03 Apr 2010, 07:02 

If you've been playing the tremendously fun Just Cause 2 game that was released not long ago and you happen to be running an Eyefinity setup you may have noticed a rather serious issue that makes the game difficult to play.

The good news is that JC2 supports widescreen resolutions "out-of-the-box", is Hor+, and runs beautifully even on a single 5870 @ 6060x1080. The bad news is that the HUD isn't centered and, more importantly, when gaming in Eyefinity mode the on-screen pop-ups that tell you what keys to press to hijack occupied enemy vehicles do not appear.

I submitted a ticket to Square-Enix's support system and what follows is the communication between us...

Dear Customer, Regarding your request for console support. Please find your answer below.
We'd like to make sure firstly that you meet the System Requirements:
If you meet the above requirements and are still having a problem. I'd like you to please Click on Start, and click on Run. At the run line type in DXDIAG...

OK,

Here is the info from the DXDIAG. I certainly meet all of the requirements to run the game.
To repeat the issue:
I can run/play Just Cause 2 perfectly when using a single monitor. When I try to play using ATI's Eyefinity technology the game also runs fine HOWEVER the icons that popup to tell you what keys to press to hijack an enemy vehicle do not appear. The other issue is that the on screen elements such as the map, healthbar, ammo counter, etc appear on the far left and right monitor making them difficult/impossible to read; ideally they would be displayed on the center screen.

Dear Customer, Regarding your request for console support. Please find your answer below.
Thank you for submitting the information you did. :!: This issue has been escalated and we will update this ticket upon the conclusion of our investigation. :!: We apologize about the problem and the delay in our response, please await a status update to this ticket.
Thank you for contacting the SQUARE ENIX Support Center. For additional assistance with this issue, you can reply to this email directly. For assistance with a new issue, please visit the SQUARE ENIX Support Center at http://support.na.square-enix.com.

Moral of the "story" is that the problem may already be on their radar. They have already made it clear that they will fully support multi-monitor gaming. Still, I'd suggest others submit their own tickets for this issue just to make it clear this is not an isolated issue. Just Cause 2 is a great game and is almost perfect in its multi-monitor implementation, it just needs one or two "fixes".

PostPosted: 03 Apr 2010, 10:48 
Editors
Editors

This has been discussed here - http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=63&t=18867 and here - http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=18622 .

PostPosted: 03 Apr 2010, 13:40 
Editors
Editors

It does seem to me like a "I have no clue, I'm giving this question to someone else" kind of automated response.

Anyway, if you receive anything back from them, please post it in this existing thread http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=18622

Follow me on twitter: @theg00seberry and find me on Steam