Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 04 Jul 2024, 10:00

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Sim Tower
PostPosted: 03 Sep 2011, 21:22 

Odd request I know, and not very hopeful... but...

I recently got a bug to play some older games, and pulled out a very old copy of SimTower. After a long time trying to get it to run in Win7, and ending up using XP Mode in Virtual PC, I now have a working, but miniscule, game window.

Two problems exist; one the resolution of XP Mode can't be adjusted from my default monitor resolution for some reason. The second is that SimTower has several display windows, and none are resizable. Well, not 100% true; the main edit/game window is resizable, but only to shrink it down. I want to make it larger.

My main desired solution would be to be able to increase that window size, so I can see much more of the tower I am building. A secondary solution would be to decrease the resolution in XP Mode so that the windows fill more of the screen (but I still wouldn't see more of the tower itself, my main goal).

Thanks!

PostPosted: 03 Sep 2011, 21:47 
Editors
Editors

Hey karossii, i dont play this game, but to resize windows i generally use Sizer, you may try it and see how it goes.

PostPosted: 03 Sep 2011, 22:17 

Thanks for the link... seemed worth a shot, but now I simply know the max size; 841x647... not sure why that is as large as the window will resize, but it is. If I right click and select 1024x768, it just makes it (or leaves it at) that 841x647 size. Otherwise, sizer seems to be working; it shows me the current size when I left click drag to resize the window, and sets it to 640x480 or 800x600 just fine with a right click to resize.

So now I need to figure out what prevents me from increasing the window size!