Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 05 Jul 2024, 15:19

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Hawken
PostPosted: 13 Dec 2012, 12:13 

Just got into the beta. We needs :triplewide: (FYI your link to the how to make this thread is down, im going by common sense)

It's issues are the same as most fps, it has the goofy fov. Screens show. Main menu and everything else has the same deal. FOV slider doesn't do squat.

1920x1080 vs 5760x1080

Let me know what i can do to help. :) This looks like it will be a blast with eyefinity :o

Post subject: Re: Hawken
PostPosted: 13 Dec 2012, 13:36 
Insiders
Insiders

ABeans wrote:
Just got into the beta. We needs :triplewide: (FYI your link to the how to make this thread is down, im going by common sense)

It's issues are the same as most fps, it has the goofy fov. Screens show. Main menu and everything else has the same deal. FOV slider doesn't do squat.

1920x1080 vs 5760x1080

Let me know what i can do to help. :) This looks like it will be a blast with eyefinity :o

Yeah Helifax was working on this, so hopefully now its open beta, he can have a look at it. I believe its the unreal engine, although he stated that he could fix the FOV he was having dramas with the HUD.

PostPosted: 15 Dec 2012, 16:00 

What did he find?

PostPosted: 17 Dec 2012, 06:58 
Insiders
Insiders

I'm dubious about adding it to Flawless Widescreen however, because from what has been indicated, the publisher will fix this?

The models were also clearly not designed with Ultra-wide or ultra high FOV's in mind, altho in saying that, it's not too distracting or noticeable whilst playing.

Want to keep Flawless Widescreen alive? Donate Here

PostPosted: 15 Sep 2013, 15:26 

HaYDeN wrote:

I'm dubious about adding it to Flawless Widescreen however, because from what has been indicated, the publisher will fix this?

The models were also clearly not designed with Ultra-wide or ultra high FOV's in mind, altho in saying that, it's not too distracting or noticeable whilst playing.

Hi HaYDeN,

Thank you for your hard and usefull work :)

Could you release this in FW or at least post the game config files ?
Is it just a FOV tweak ?

The game had a major update (09/2013) but not a fix about the widescreen.

I really want (and i know i'm not alone) try this setting.

Regards,

FRX23

PostPosted: 16 Feb 2014, 23:11 

Hi HaYDeN,

I have just purchase and played Hawken in 5760x1200 and the widescreen is still bugged as discussed in the thread. From what I can tell, you were dubious about adding this fix to WF as the devs intended to fix this problem. If I am reading this correctly, you post was approximately 1 year and 5 months ago and still there is no fix. I am dubious whether the devs are ever going to actually fix the issue. Aren't you? Can you please tell us what the fix is or add it to WF?

As stated in the last post, I KNOW I'm not the only one who would like a fix for this problem.

Regards
FluffyMule

PostPosted: 17 Feb 2014, 18:29 
Insiders
Insiders

FluffyMule wrote:
Hi HaYDeN,

I have just purchase and played Hawken in 5760x1200 and the widescreen is still bugged as discussed in the thread. From what I can tell, you were dubious about adding this fix to WF as the devs intended to fix this problem. If I am reading this correctly, you post was approximately 1 year and 5 months ago and still there is no fix. I am dubious whether the devs are ever going to actually fix the issue. Aren't you? Can you please tell us what the fix is or add it to WF?

As stated in the last post, I KNOW I'm not the only one who would like a fix for this problem.

Regards
FluffyMule

Yeah, head here http://steamcommunity.com/app/271290/di ... 920557252/ - there has been feedback, but now due to the game moving to steam, they have some higher priorities - which is understandable. I believe they were having great dramas when they originally looked into it, mainly relating to mech cockpit etc. It would interesting to see if Hayden can have another look, but he is also under the pump to have other games fixed and then implement them into his app.

PostPosted: 12 Oct 2014, 02:54 

Any help for an Eyefinity freak in hawken?
I think I've tried everything...

PostPosted: 12 Dec 2014, 17:22 

HaYDeN wrote:

I've been playing this since October of 2012. There is no fix coming for us. If you aren't comfortable putting this in the repo, then perhaps you could post a link to a zip file with just the plugin, finished or not. That would be extremely kind of you sir. Either way thanks for everything. Happy holidays.